Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which game did you start with?

Comments

• Options
    0xx_Simmer_xx00xx_Simmer_xx0 Posts: 196 Member
    Sims 1, 2000
    I started playing The Sims 1 in about 2008, I didn't have a clue what I was doing and I didn't know there was a second. When I got The Sims 3, and had a lot more common sense and some intelligence, I managed to teach myself how to play and I've been obsessed ever since.
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Either SimCity 2000, SimPark, SimSafari, or SimTower. Can't remember which was the first I played.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I kind of played a lot of them, not necessarily at the time that they were released. I kind of played TS1, TS2 and TS3 in phases almost simultaneously or gradually. I'd have one version on one computer and another on a different one but I gradually shifted over to the newer versions. I also took some breaks including a few times in the TS3 era and then before TS4. I took another recent break.

I also played SimFarm, SimCity and SimTower but I don't remember exactly when that was. I liked SimCity Societies.

If I wanted to play something then I did regardless of when it came out.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    Sims 4, 2014-

I played Sims 3, but didn't like the graphics or the game in general so I stopped. Purchased Sims 4 and have loved it ever since.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    heauxfinityheauxfinity Posts: 94 Member
    The Sims 2 or Sims 2 Castaway, 2000
    I first played Sims 2 many years ago as a child, and my cousin introduced me to Sims 3. Also played Castaway for a bit on PS2.
  • Options
    rarrmussrarrmuss Posts: 16 Member
    I played The Sims 2 for the first time at a friends house shortly after it came out and fell in love but I didn't have a decent enough pc to play it at home, then I bought The Sims 2 for my Playstation 2 when it was released and have been hooked ever since!
    I remember being incredibly frustrated at not being able to build a second floor to my house on the PS2.
    Also bought all the PS2 expansions and of course Cast Away which I hated lol.
    Of course by the time Sims 3 came out I had a good PC and loved it! :D
    Sims 4 is my favorite of them all though! :'D
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited October 2019
    Sims 3, 2009
    I got Sims 1 back in the day when it first came out but my computer back then couldn’t play it unfortunately.

I didn’t start playing Sims 3 late in the game (2013) but fell in love with it. It didn’t love me quite as much so in a drive to play more sims games I got Sims 4 in 2015. I love it a lot too. I’ve also put together all the EPs for Sims 2 and it’s definitely my fave of the series. I now have computer that can run Sims 3 so I rotate between all three of them. I also love Sims Medieval.

Still haven’t played Sims 1 I can’t get the discs to run on my computer but I hope someday I might be able to.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    SiggDiggitSiggDiggit Posts: 145 Member
    edited October 2019
    Sims 1, 2000
    Sims 1 came out when I was 9 and that was the first game my sisters and I ever got super into (we first played it at a cousins house). I remember every birthday and christmas we'd coordinate our "wish lists" to make sure they included a new expansion on every one, wether we'd get 'em or not was a different matter, lol. We had Simscity but it was very uninteresting for me as an elementary school kid, lol.
    2f8164094dfe843e371b34f5333b4dff1d96e006.jpg
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    The Sims 2 in 2006. I had heard of the game and read some articles about it, that it was a life simulator, a dollhouse for adults, and that it now was 3D. I got curious and bought the game and I remember staying up all night playing because it was so fun! :blush: I bought all the EP's and SP's. I bought Sims 3 when it was released, and played both games for a while until I got a new computer and only installed Sims 3 on it.
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    justlexijustlexi Posts: 57 Member
    The Sims 1 is what I have played first. I used to stay at home all day long as I have been addicted to this game. My mom used to scold me since all I do is play The Sims.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Sims 1, 2000
    Sims 1 - city builders are absolutely not my thing. Except frostpunk but that's not exactly a typical city builder :)
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    edited October 2019
    SimCity, 1989-2014
    SiggDiggit wrote: »
    We had Simscity but it was very uninteresting for me as an elementary school kid, lol.

@SiggDiggit I get that. I was 10 when SimCity came out. I would build my city from the ground up, get it the way I wanted it (I guess I've always been a builder...) then rather than actually play with it, I just turned all the disasters on and watched it burn. lol.

Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    sovereignsimmersovereignsimmer Posts: 35 Member
    The Sims (1). I'm a 90's babe.
  • Options
    BelphegorCatBelphegorCat Posts: 10 New Member
    My Sims, 2007-2010
    I remember seeing one of my friends playing MySims on the Wii when I was little. I liked it (and Wii Sports) so much that I decided to get the Wii and MySims myself. It was my childhood! I had quite a few games from that series. Sometime later, after somehow stumbling upon machinimas (especially one with vampires) and playthroughs for The Sims 2 on Youtube, I decided to get that as well (along with a few expansion packs).
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Sims 3, 2009
    I'm surprised how many started from part 1 here. My memory Is bad plus I was young so I actually started from sims 2 but only remember bits and pieces. But that's where the addiction started though I don't think I was able to play much. When I got older I brought sims 3 on a laptop my uncle got but could barely play due to lag and crashing so I never really got to experience the beauty of it.

Then when I got old enough to buy my own things I purchased an amazing gaming laptop and desktop and have been playing the sims 4 on and off since it came out.

Though I downloaded all of the mods I need to play sims 3 because I want to go back and experience the beauty of it. I have it ready on my laptop but haven't had a chance to get to it because trying to play two at once is not as easy as I thought it would be. Once you invest yourself in a household and world it's hard to move on to another one.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited November 2019
    Bustin' Out, 2003
    Good old days with PS2 in 2008 I guess. I was around 7-8 years old. The world was magical for me. I remember playing TS2 also & a friend told me TS3 existed I freaked out. :joy:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    askaboutniaaskaboutnia Posts: 16 New Member
    Sims 1, 2000
    Started with Sim1 when I was a kid!
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    SimCity, 1989-2014
    Started with Sim1 when I was a kid!

I used to make my Sims have lots of kids, then send them off to military school to never be seen again. Lol. I don't know why I found that so amusing... I was 21.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    SimCity, 1989-2014
    Dinosaur over here 🙋‍♂️on my Olivetti :)
  • Options
    SimCity, 1989-2014
    telmarina wrote: »
    Dinosaur over here 🙋‍♂️on my Olivetti :)

Dinosaurs are cool.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Sims 1, 2000
    Sims 1, though it was towards the tail end of the series as I was in middle school.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    CaitspaceCaitspace Posts: 7 New Member
    Sims 4, im a young simmer but i'm glad I was able to even get the sims
  • Options
    LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Sims 1, 2000
    Sims City
  • Options
    MelinoeMelinoe Posts: 64 Member
    Sims 1, 2000
    Ahh, The Sims 1. Have you ever tried playing it again recently? Man, it is a lot harder than I remember.
  • Options
    SimCity, 1989-2014
    Melinoe wrote: »
    Ahh, The Sims 1. Have you ever tried playing it again recently? Man, it is a lot harder than I remember.

I don't have anything that can play it anymore. I can imagine though!