Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How can I get rid of this?

simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
Thorne was swimming around in merman form. I canceled the action and sent him to play the guitar. He came in, grabbed the guitar and jumped right back into the water with the guitar.
9IO0QK2.png
He obviously couldn't play it in water so complained and this happened.
7Asodno.png
I can't get him to put it in his inventory. I can't drag it in live mode or b/b mode and resetting in debug mode does nothing. I can't delete it either. It's just outside of lot boundary as well.
Gallery ID: wiccanwonder

Comments

• TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    edited July 2019
    Do you have an earlier save that you can revert to, or would you lose too much? 'Cuz if it were me, I'd exit the game, clear all my caches (& empty the desktop trash afterwards), & try again w/the previous save. I don't know a way to access anything that's off-lot like that.

edited to add: of course, that'd make it harder to give EA a copy of this save file so they can try to figure out what went wrong. *rolls eyes at self* :wink:
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I find mermaids obsession with swimming in the ocean a little annoying. I know it's technically where they belong but dang it they want to do it all the time instead of anything else they could be doing.
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Tiarella wrote: »
    Do you have an earlier save that you can revert to, or would you lose too much? 'Cuz if it were me, I'd exit the game, clear all my caches (& empty the desktop trash afterwards), & try again w/the previous save. I don't know a way to access anything that's off-lot like that.

edited to add: of course, that'd make it harder to give EA a copy of this save file so they can try to figure out what went wrong. *rolls eyes at self* :wink:

Luckily I save quite a bit so only had to go back the previous night. Thanks, I don't know why I didn't think of that.

@Sharonia Tell me about it, it gets more than a little annoying.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    If you told him to play the guitar while he was still in the water, that's where he will pull it out :# was going to ask if you could click the guitar and select "put in inventory" but I see you've gone back to a previous save :) (yay for saving often! MCCC does it for me, because I totally forget all the time)
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »
    If you told him to play the guitar while he was still in the water, that's where he will pull it out :# was going to ask if you could click the guitar and select "put in inventory" but I see you've gone back to a previous save :) (yay for saving often! MCCC does it for me, because I totally forget all the time)

Yeah, usually I click some where in the house for them to walk before telling them to do anything, usually because they won't cancel the previous action themselves or they are ignoring me. This time though I canceled the action and it disappeared and he came in so I assumed he wouldn't do something stupid like that, I was wrong lol