Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mostly Off The Grid Frustration

2...Next

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    There's no Off-The-Grid bathtubs, the rest of the candle lights, more sinks & more toilets & more stoves.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited August 2019
    I don't think this (lot trait) will ever be touch upon again, as it came in free patch update. And we all know how developers, work to give improvements/revamps BG features/addition deserve and need, since the TEAM is being payed for making patch updates.

Oh and also, anyone remember community vote for stuff pack theme choices? Two of which were eco-living and starter home one? Yeah, this (lot trait) is likely be the final product of those promoted premise. Just as how IL alludes we may not be getting fire fighters, since Maxis loves to think sulani citizens is a complete replacement for the npc that's been demanded since TS4 day one.
    Post edited by DragonCat159 on
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited September 2019
    I just discovered that I can't have a sim do odd jobs whilst living off the grid because the internet doesn't work. :( That's frustrating. I wish it could be linked to the mailbox or something because odd jobs seem idea for off the grid living.

My sim has to go to a different lot to be able to get jobs.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    "I also got some bugs with "fire" on my lot. I had a campfire, and nothing caught fire. Literal nothing, the tile next to it, caught fire and no sim could route to put it out. I had to wait until it died out completely from burning absolutely nothing."

I had this happen to two of my Windenburg Sims months before "Off the Grid" was added to the game.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • lizmac21lizmac21 Posts: 555 Member
    i really think they should have added a trait the enjoys living off grid. those quick luke warm showers they enjoy etc.... also a way to adopt pets would be nice off grid too.
  • lizmac21lizmac21 Posts: 555 Member
    does anyone know if we can get roommates while on a off the grid lot?
  • RhiannonravenRhiannonraven Posts: 128 Member
    Off grid definitely needs an update... There should be more off grid options and the off grid options should be things that actually would work off grid, unlike fridges with wires on the back and random toilets. I would love to see:
    • Icebox with no wires on back
    • Bathtub that works off grid, maybe you have to go get water from a pump to put in it.
    • Outhouses
    • Solar panels, each panel connect to one utility, such as a computer
    • Only wood stoves working off grid from the stoves section, yumcookers or other electrics
    • All candles work off grid
    • Other sensible things