Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims future competitor?

Comments

• ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    ElenPink wrote: »
    Honestly, as loyal as I've been to The Sims, if something even better came out by a different studio, I'd be willing to try it and maybe switch to it if it was better. I hope this project succeeds, personally.

Unless the Sims goes back to being the great series it was before, I have no problem leaving what-so-ever. People can keep wasting their money. I know I won't.

Nice of you to assume that those who enjoy Sims 4 are "wasting our money."

You're paying higher prices for packs with less content overall and lower game quality - it IS wasting money.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited July 2019
    izecson wrote: »
    Man I'm so excited for this, whatever pc platform he is going to sell this at I don't really mind, Steam? Epic? Not sure it's going to be on Origin though.. buut I'm sure someone at epic will see this and offer him an exclusive deal, maybe..

I like the Epic store a lot. They only offer to get a 12% cut from the publishers/devs to sell their games in that store. Whereas Steam gets a whopping 30% cut if someone wants to sell their game there. I don't mind Epic's exclusivity deals - they don't offer it to just any game - the game has to be good. I bought Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls on sale from there. They also have some great sales for games that are also sold in Steam, but at better discounts - I actually bought Far Cry Primal, Apex Edition (DLC is included) for only $6.49!!! It is $11.99 when on sale at Steam.

I like Steam too though. Most of my games are purchased from there. But they need the competition. Currently they have a near monopoly on the online game store market at 75% so that's why I also shop at Epic and GOG (that's another game store I love and home of CD Projekt Red games - the devs get 100% of the money when you buy their games at that store, so I've bought all of them there!)

Anyway, where ever the dev for this life sim game chooses to sell his finished product, I'm going to buy it all the same!

Yeah I kind of neutral right now, previously I was a bit furious knowing most of my wishlisted games moved to epic, but I bought world war z over there and I realized that with more money for the dev they can push out free updates more frequently but I do a bit worried about the backlash it might cause to Paralives though.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    Man I'm so excited for this, whatever pc platform he is going to sell this at I don't really mind, Steam? Epic? Not sure it's going to be on Origin though.. buut I'm sure someone at epic will see this and offer him an exclusive deal, maybe..

He's stated that it will be coming to Steam, where it will have full workshop support - which means CC and player made mods.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

I like the Epic store a lot. They only offer to get a 12% cut from the publishers/devs to sell their games in that store. Whereas Steam gets a whopping 30% cut if someone wants to sell their game there. I don't mind Epic's exclusivity deals - they don't offer it to just any game - the game has to be good. I bought Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls on sale from there. They also have some great sales for games that are also sold in Steam, but at better discounts - I actually bought Far Cry Primal, Apex Edition (DLC is included) for only $6.49!!! It is $11.99 when on sale at Steam.

I like Steam too though. Most of my games are purchased from there. But they need the competition. Currently they have a near monopoly on the online game store market at 75% so that's why I also shop at Epic and GOG (that's another game store I love and home of CD Projekt Red games - the devs get 100% of the money when you buy their games at that store, so I've bought all of them there!)

Anyway, where ever the dev for this life sim game chooses to sell his finished product, I'm going to buy it all the same!

Yeah I kind of neutral right now, previously I was a bit furious knowing most of my wishlisted games moved to epic, but I bought world war z over there and I realized that with more money for the dev they can push out free updates more frequently but I do a bit worried about the backlash that might happen for Paralives though.

Borderlands 3 is experiencing that right now for agreeing to an exclusivity deal with Epic. I'm playing Borderlands GOTY Enhanced right now and its discussion board at Steam has a long running thread to gauge if people will buy it at Epic. Every time someone says they will, they get targeted. I've seen GOG get attacked too when a game sells better there than at Steam. Steam can be really viscious - they want to keep that 75% or more market share so....

I think Paralives can manage to be offered at both Epic and Steam without problems. Epic is careful about choosing which games they want to strike exclusivity deals with. The game should have already established popularity beforehand like with Borderlands 3 for example, because the previous games in that series had already proven great popularity. Since Paralives is new, I don't think Epic will strike an exclusivity deal with the dev for that. Maybe a future iteration if the games proves successful.

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

He's stated that it will be coming to Steam, where it will have full workshop support - which means CC and player made mods.

Ah, Steam. Another disappointment.
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member

I love Steam and Steam Workshop!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Honestly, as loyal as I've been to The Sims, if something even better came out by a different studio, I'd be willing to try it and maybe switch to it if it was better. I hope this project succeeds, personally.

Unless the Sims goes back to being the great series it was before, I have no problem leaving what-so-ever. People can keep wasting their money. I know I won't.

Nice of you to assume that those who enjoy Sims 4 are "wasting our money."

You're paying higher prices for packs with less content overall and lower game quality - it IS wasting money.

If I feel that I've gotten my money's worth on a product then it wasn't a waste of money. I consider spending money on designer handbags a waste of money when a nice leather non-designer bag can be just as, or more, attractive and functional. Someone else might disagree.
  • CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    I'm not sure how to include pictures in a post but if you go to the discord, the creator has posted an early image of the character creation. It gives me serious My Time At Portia vibes, which isn't the worst thing but I don't play that game for the CAS aspect.
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member

You know how easy it is to download mods on Steam?
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    I'm not a builder so the lack of the avatars/Sims being shown is disappointing. This sounds pretty on paper but if they're going to be just as dead-appearing as the TS4 Sims, why should I bother?

then dont and get off this thread lol
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I'm not sure how to include pictures in a post but if you go to the discord, the creator has posted an early image of the character creation. It gives me serious My Time At Portia vibes, which isn't the worst thing but I don't play that game for the CAS aspect.

I did see it, and yes it reminded of that game, I wish it still can be improved upon but I have yet to see people complaining about it over there.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • barbaraluv86barbaraluv86 Posts: 131 Member
    edited July 2019
    [Video removed due to requesting money~Rtas]

This should be a WAKE UP call to the Sims 4 team. This guy is giving me Will Wright vibes so you know the game will have so much love and care for the game. And it's only ONE person.
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited July 2019
    If the author is consistant and bring the best features that is not in Sims 4, I might bite. Take nice and slow and please do not rush. even the work is not in finished mode it does look like it has potential.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited July 2019
    Merging two threads together, and moving this one into the Off topic section! :)
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited July 2019

This should be a WAKE UP call to the Sims 4 team. This guy is giving me Will Wright vibes so you know the game will have so much love and care for the game. And it's only ONE person.

I was just wondering where your topic went! I watched the video and came back to comment, even though I should be getting ready for an appointment, and it wasn't there.

I know it's in the early development stages but my only issue so far with it, solely based off what they've shown, is the art style, which I can mostly overlook if the rest is done well. I want that kind of innovation and communication. Still waiting to see some of that stuff shown in the video in The Sims, some of which will never be done in The Sims 4, meanwhile Paralives plan is to have it from the start. They made an official place to talk about the game and they're actually there to talk about it while still developing.

It looks promising. It looks like a lot like what I want building wise in a life simulator and I can't wait to see more of what they plan to do. Hopefully this will also light a fire under EA and Maxis to start doing better by their players.

Edited quote to reflect change
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • CarerxCarerx Posts: 31 Member
    :o So excited~
  • CarerxCarerx Posts: 31 Member
    > @orangehippogriff said:
    > Honestly, as loyal as I've been to The Sims, if something even better came out by a different studio, I'd be willing to try it and maybe switch to it if it was better. I hope this project succeeds, personally.

Same. I justed Started Sims, so im not insanely loyal to it.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    edited July 2019
    I’m very hesitant about this personally, I still don’t believe this is real?? Remember that game thing a few years back which turnt out to be a hoax, can’t remember it’s name?

I have been playing the sims since the mid 00s and it’s one of my favourite games, super loyal to this series but I do believe competition would be healthy for the sims and could help it improve a lot.

Edit: I read the whole thing and watched a few yt videos, they’re for real.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited July 2019
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    I’m very hesitant about this personally, I still don’t believe this is real?? Remember that game thing a few years back which turnt out to be a hoax, can’t remember it’s name?

I have been playing the sims since the mid 00s and it’s one of my favourite games, super loyal to this series but I do believe competition would be healthy for the sims and could help it improve a lot.

Edit: I read the whole thing and watched a few yt videos, they’re for real.

There's a forum for this game, a youtube channel with little videos, somebody answering questions and promising future videos/informations, donations, a twitter page etc. At this point I don't think it could be fake.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I've seen this! Been watching it VERY closely! :open_mouth:

Could become my Sims5!

(hint-hint, EA!)
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • AntonAnton Posts: 35 Member
    This game looks so promising lol. I want a life sim to feel like you can do things. Sims 4 is just about choosing from a set of actions —> watch it happen. It gets repetitive although a life sim should never be repetitive. I actually remember sims 3 for mobile being 1000x better than sims 4 in terms of immersion.
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Anton wrote: »
    This game looks so promising lol. I want a life sim to feel like you can do things. Sims 4 is just about choosing from a set of actions —> watch it happen. It gets repetitive although a life sim should never be repetitive. I actually remember sims 3 for mobile being 1000x better than sims 4 in terms of immersion.

All of the sims games is click----watch sims perform action. Thats how the game works
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    'Bout time! EA could really use some good competition in the realm of life-simulation games. Will definitely be picking this one up, even if just out of curiosity, it looks fun so far. I suck at building so hopefully this system makes it easier, lol
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited July 2019
    I'm not a builder so the lack of the avatars/Sims being shown is disappointing. This sounds pretty on paper but if they're going to be just as dead-appearing as the TS4 Sims, why should I bother?

then dont and get off this thread lol
    That's a bit rude. Let people share their opinion. Besides, the title of this thread contains the question mark, which I assume your intent was to encourage exchange of varying thoughts :)

At least it's functional than Origin :D
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member

Bruh steam is 10000% better than origin. I hope I will never need to touch origin again.

kwdT9wX.gif