Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims future competitor?

Comments

• Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm not a builder so the lack of the avatars/Sims being shown is disappointing. This sounds pretty on paper but if they're going to be just as dead-appearing as the TS4 Sims, why should I bother?

It's still early in development. A developer would need to code the world the sims would live in before creating the sims, its animations and its AI and other mechanics. The dev will post media of what their sims are like when the time comes.

Then isn't it too soon for people to say this is going to be better than The Sims and a valid competitor?
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I'm not a builder so the lack of the avatars/Sims being shown is disappointing. This sounds pretty on paper but if they're going to be just as dead-appearing as the TS4 Sims, why should I bother?

It's still early in development. A developer would need to code the world the sims would live in before creating the sims, its animations and its AI and other mechanics. The dev will post media of what their sims are like when the time comes.

Then isn't it too soon for people to say this is going to be better than The Sims and a valid competitor?

I think they're so fed up with EAxis not listening to them and making them worry about the outcome of TS5, that they are going to be more enthusiastic about someone else working on another sim game. Because at least THIS dev says they are working on the very things simmers have been begging and asking for. We don't know if this dev actually will, but since he hasn't disappointed us yet, we can hope for what he promises.
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Things that I would like to see added to the video,
    1. The doll/avatar walk up the stairs
    2. The doll/avatar walk to the couch sit down, turn on a tv and watch it
    3. Doll/avatar goes into the kitchen, get food from the fridge, cook it then sit down and eat.
    4. doll/avatar then go upstairs get in bed and sleep.
    5. Doll/avatar goes into bathroom pee then wash hands and take a shower.
    6. I want to see it open a door and go outside.
    What I would like to see in the building area
    1. a builders grid, so things will look correct, and everything is the correct size for the avatar or doll.
    2. I want to see a door added to the walls, a working door that the doll would be able to go in and out of.
    3. I want to see windows placed on walls that we can see through.
    4. I am very interested in the way he builds his roofs, and how he will place different kinds.
    5. I would like to see different floor levels and the avatar going to each floor using steps.

How do the sky look, and the grass and the street? do the clouds move? show in the video, please
    Does he have realist looking water? will there be night and day? show in the video, please.
    I will be so happy to see these in his video.

I will love to see the gameplay with the Avatar moving about the house and the neighboorhood. maybe picking something up like a newspaper
    we must have Family and date in the game, and toddlers please, and pets.

Please show the video with most of these things included. I am sure he just did not show it yet, but I would like to see more of his game.
    If you do and it looks like a Sims-like game and not a build without a grid game think again on that because you need a grid to build correctly. (a grid is the white lines or squares we see when we go into builders mode so that everything is lined up perfectly.) Avatars/dolls must fit their beds, they must fit the couch, and so on. their feet must walk on steps correctly.

What I ask is to see these normal working game animation in his video. I am sure he can add them.

I just want to see a real game, let us be real here. If he makes a real game and if he shows me real gameplay, when he releases a finished game, I might consider buying.

I think this may not be a scam, only he forgot to show more of his game, but I want to be sure. Some may have seen too many scams, with let us get behind this, Why do they say it that way? maybe because they know we like friends and we like to feel we are liked. So maybe more and more will push get behind this and give your support, maybe the weaker ones will give it. The stronger ones will check it out first if they have money to give. What's the rush, why push for support. that makes some skeptical Sorry.

It's no reason to feel guilty not giving support or protecting your payment information. Sure it smart to check first who you are getting behind? Who is pushing you to get behind someone you do not know? Would you do that to a friend,? No, would you do that to your family? No
    in the end, it will be a personal decision of course.

I look forward to seeing him make a game. I must be truthful if the emperor is not wearing clothes I must say he is not wearing clothes. So, in this case, I must say I do not see a game.

Truth! ask yourself do you see a game?

we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

I think they're so fed up with EAxis not listening to them and making them worry about the outcome of TS5, that they are going to be more enthusiastic about someone else working on another sim game. Because at least THIS dev says they are working on the very things simmers have been begging and asking for. We don't know if this dev actually will, but since he hasn't disappointed us yet, we can hope for what he promises.

He's disappointed me by not showing me what the creation of MY style of gameplay will be. Not building, but actually LIVING.
  • Options
    RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    edited July 2019
    Stormsview wrote: »

Truth! ask yourself do you see a game?

It's likely that I'm seeing a game in development.

Games takes time to make. More so if it has few people working on it. And, which has been mentioned. The world needs to be done to a certain degree before you start define the avatars, and even then they usually have very bare animations to start with.

It's been stated to be a life simulator and not strictly a building game, so we just have to wait and see how it goes. But it can take some time.
    I'm not sending any money, because I'm poor and paranoid. But there are other ways to support people/games, such as spread the word about them so they get notice, and if it looks promising later on I don't see why I wouldn't.

There is little reasoning in denigrating a game this early.
  • Options
    munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    I don't think will be a strong enough game, honestly. I could see it being competitive LATER, but it will need serious help, the look of the game is so unpolished and without cohesion, and there has been NO demo of any 'Sims' or whatever in the game, which is half the fun of the game. Not everyone is a builder. And from what I have seen on the 'patting a dog' gameplay, man it looks terrible.

As much as TS4 isn't my FAVOURITE iteration of the Sims 4, it is the most aesthetically pleasing, and it is improving with each pack, patch and content update.

I see this as being too big a project for a team of so few, and being squashed due to lack of assistance/investment.
  • Options

He's disappointed me by not showing me what the creation of MY style of gameplay will be. Not building, but actually LIVING.

You haven't been paying attention to what he's been doing at all. Like I've said before, he's in the BEGINNING STAGE. He needs to work on the building and environmental processes first before implementing sims and game playing styles. How can sims do anything if they have nothing to walk on, to live in, etc? The work he has done so far looks good and should be encouraged.

• Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    What if this is a trick and its actually the sims 5 in the making to see our opinions :D
    Anyway, I am very loyal to The sims, but at this point with the start-upfail of The sims 4 and me not holding my breath for The sims 5 after seeing certain methods of the devs at this point of the game, I can consider moving to a game like this if it truly feels like the early Sims series.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Very excited to see where this goes. Love how the focus is gameplay first, just as The Sims used to be.

Maxis can have fun playing with Microsoft Paint.
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited July 2019

[/list]
    What I would like to see in the building area
    1. I want to see a door added to the walls, a working door that the doll would be able to go in and out of.
    2. I want to see windows placed on walls that we can see through.

How do the sky look, and the grass and the street? do the clouds move? show in the video, please
    Does he have realist looking water? will there be night and day? show in the video, please.
    I will be so happy to see these in his video.

we must have Family and date in the game, and toddlers please, and pets.

image0000a.gif
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm08XAI55Vk

Window shown. If you look at twitter, you'll see a door and dog exists. There is realistic looking coastline water in the trailer first seconds in briefly.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

I love Sketchup, this program was what made me fall in love with building houses, castles, buildings, you can build anything with Sketchup you can get Sketchup for free. Also, you can import and export the houses, scenery, and furniture as a hold or just one chair. to other worlds or games or programs.
    https://youtu.be/a2bffrHL3jk
    example of building in the Sims 4. Simmers love to build.
    https://youtu.be/sLYQkhxuFyw
    Simmers love Sims 4 create a Sim, there we make our on avatars/or pets, we can make up to 8 family members. here is an example: SIMS 4 PRETTY Sim & PERSIAN CAT Create A Sim + Speed Edit
    https://youtu.be/FINR7ZJnWRE

This is an example of a Sims 4 family and how our avatars look in-game.
    https://youtu.be/LZf0SmTaayI
    Warning Sims 4 can be addictive.
    If you want to know what Simmers want. just go to our favorite thread.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17158507#Comment_17158507
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    SimChiSimChi Posts: 143 Member
    Will be watching this one for sure.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2019
    munroele wrote: »
    I don't think will be a strong enough game, honestly. I could see it being competitive LATER, but it will need serious help, the look of the game is so unpolished and without cohesion, and there has been NO demo of any 'Sims' or whatever in the game, which is half the fun of the game. Not everyone is a builder. And from what I have seen on the 'patting a dog' gameplay, man it looks terrible.

As much as TS4 isn't my FAVOURITE iteration of the Sims 4, it is the most aesthetically pleasing, and it is improving with each pack, patch and content update.

I see this as being too big a project for a team of so few, and being squashed due to lack of assistance/investment.

Things haven't even went to alpha, not even in beta..hundreds and hundreds of games and very successful have been built by a handful of developers. Or Indie games wouldn't exist. ETA: *you never want too many cooks in the kitchen. And just as an off the wall example, Facebook was created with three people, who two sued Mark in the end. Nothing is impossible.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited July 2019
    If I were giving up my hard earned money to support a game developer. I would like a cut of the proceeds if it succeeded. (Like "Theatre Angels do when backing plays - lose or win). The Patreon way looks like giving money and credit card details but having no security or dividend over whether to developer sells up later, Some developers get a lot of money when agreeing to a takeover.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

LOL, it's like day two in development...games take years to develop.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Honestly, as loyal as I've been to The Sims, if something even better came out by a different studio, I'd be willing to try it and maybe switch to it if it was better. I hope this project succeeds, personally.

Me too! It's not "The Sims" im addicted to, its playing controller of a universe! And if a another game is better im here for it! <3@orangehippogriff
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    Doesn’t interest me at all. Sims has been in my life since I was a child in elementary, I’ll never look at anything else.

Sims have been my life since 2001 and I can't wait to see how others create a life simulation game. I'll continue to play The Sims, but I don't owe them any kind of loyalty 🤷‍♂️ It's just another product I bought.

I agree . They aren't loyal to me. I couldn't even get a refund when I had a legitimate issue using the features of one of their games, a day later [aftter purchase] so...Meh.
  • Options
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    Where is the video of the actual gameplay, looks like a money grab with friends people like this rarely work alone if they are scamming., Watch where you give your payment information or you will surely regret it.

And here is another picture? a picture are you serious.?

Game ?? these are pictures. before he begs for money he or she should show an example of gameplay in a link we can play on our pc. But pictures, of none moving avatar sitting on none moving objects . can pull something and it stretches, then leave it stretched, and keep building. show build from start, show the avatar walking, talking. show it talking to another avatar. show something not just pictures when asking for money.

And we wonder why so many get scammed every day over the web, over social media. one thing for sure we can trust our payment information with the maker of Sims and whoever they have on their list of trusted sellers.
    But on the other hand, if you have money to burn then yea give it away and well its lots of scams out there.

Why talk against an already true game for a maybe game. Why not just tell about this new game its a big world room for any real games. No need to put any other game down. If you do not want to play Sims you know what to do. If you want to put your money into the guy with the pictures and no real gameplay your welcome to do so. it's your money.

From day one the first Sims game talked, and built homes, went to work and had babies and kids, they watched tv cooked, cleaned their homes. kids did homework played with toys, Sims 1 was a real game not just pictures.

It's a new game so only pictures for now.
    if only pictures and no real gameplay it could be a scam. Sims was a great game from the start of the first Sims. If they even had something that great I could see people liking it. but nope just pictures, Sadly even the pictures look like a toy, the so-called avatar looks like a doll laid up against a toy boat, looks like a plastic toy, And I am totally for New game development. But I have to call it as I see it, plastic toys. Looks like a fake, for a money grab. once you pay into a scam you do not see your money again. Let them prove its a real game, have the person even showed themselves playing the game yet?

@Stormsview
    Not only they shared pictures, they shared gifs which would be harder to make wouldn't you think?

How can one make gifs of the gameplay to a game that you believe is not existant?

You're right about avatars looking like toys but keep in mind this is early development.

Plus he just released a video of build mode today.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm08XAI55Vk

But you're right on being careful with what to pay on that could possibly be a scam especially when this game is early days

I already want to buy this game...now! Those graphics look nicer than Sims 2! :|
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    munroele wrote: »

Things haven't even went to alpha, not even in beta..hundreds and hundreds of games and very successful have been built by a handful of developers. Or Indie games wouldn't exist. ETA: *you never want too many cooks in the kitchen. And just as an off the wall example, Facebook was created with three people, who two sued Mark in the end. Nothing is impossible.

Cities: Skylines also started out with only nine people and that game is a best seller! I also like Banished which is a village simulation game, and that was made by one developer. It's surprising because it's really done well as if more people worked on it.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Man I'm so excited for this, whatever pc platform he is going to sell this at I don't really mind, Steam? Epic? Not sure it's going to be on Origin though.. buut I'm sure someone at epic will see this and offer him an exclusive deal, maybe..
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    ElenPink wrote: »
    Honestly, as loyal as I've been to The Sims, if something even better came out by a different studio, I'd be willing to try it and maybe switch to it if it was better. I hope this project succeeds, personally.

Unless the Sims goes back to being the great series it was before, I have no problem leaving what-so-ever. People can keep wasting their money. I know I won't.

Nice of you to assume that those who enjoy Sims 4 are "wasting our money."
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    surprised to see simmers so turned off to the idea! Some healthy competition could up their game, seems like a win-win for everyone

We've heard big plans about new games before, only to see them turn out to be vaporware or just never come to fruition. And including pets and seasons in the base game sounds like they'll either be just bare bones stuff or the specs will have to be really high. Or maybe the base game is all we'll get -- no extra packs to expand gameplay.

I'm not against competition -- its a key part of a capitalist society -- but I'm just expressing a bit of skepticism at this point.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited July 2019
    surprised to see simmers so turned off to the idea! Some healthy competition could up their game, seems like a win-win for everyone

We've heard big plans about new games before, only to see them turn out to be vaporware or just never come to fruition. And including pets and seasons in the base game sounds like they'll either be just bare bones stuff or the specs will have to be really high. Or maybe the base game is all we'll get -- no extra packs to expand gameplay.

I'm not against competition -- its a key part of a capitalist society -- but I'm just expressing a bit of skepticism at this point.

He said that he has no plan to introduce dlcs but will give out free updates including occult later. This also doesnt mean he wont expand the existing feature
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    izecson wrote: »
    Man I'm so excited for this, whatever pc platform he is going to sell this at I don't really mind, Steam? Epic? Not sure it's going to be on Origin though.. buut I'm sure someone at epic will see this and offer him an exclusive deal, maybe..

I like the Epic store a lot. They only offer to get a 12% cut from the publishers/devs to sell their games in that store. Whereas Steam gets a whopping 30% cut if someone wants to sell their game there. I don't mind Epic's exclusivity deals - they don't offer it to just any game - the game has to be good. I bought Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls on sale from there. They also have some great sales for games that are also sold in Steam, but at better discounts - I actually bought Far Cry Primal, Apex Edition (DLC is included) for only $6.49!!! It is $11.99 when on sale at Steam.

I like Steam too though. Most of my games are purchased from there. But they need the competition. Currently they have a near monopoly on the online game store market at 75% so that's why I also shop at Epic and GOG (that's another game store I love and home of CD Projekt Red games - the devs get 100% of the money when you buy their games at that store, so I've bought all of them there!)

Anyway, where ever the dev for this life sim game chooses to sell his finished product, I'm going to buy it all the same!