Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which pack's features do you use most often, if any?

I recently realized I don't use any particular pack very often. The exception is Seasons, but that's because you can't not use it since it brings weather. Besides that, the only things I really use from the other packs are their CAS items and some build mode ones.

This isn't out of any dislike. The only pack I had zero interest in StrangerVille (though I bought it anyway, hoping I'd find some interest in it; that town is funny). I just noticed after playing through once just to explore, I don't really use the pack again unless it's for the purpose of storytelling, which isn't often.
752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif

Comments

• CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    I use seasons for the holidays and to arrange parties, I have socialites who arrange a party every day of the week. I also like planning a day for weddings in advance.

I use the club system extensively (I usually create a club for each family to aid in inviting them all round at once and having family night).

And I technically use a lot of aliens as I play ts2 recreations.

I also use the globe bar a lot
    caitytrina.png
  • Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    I actually use Get To Work's features frequently! Baking, Retail Stores and the Active Careers, plus Aliens, are usually part of my Households.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I use City Living and Get Together a lot. 90% of my sims live in San Myshuno or Windenburg, not to mention the clubs. I also use Vampires quite a bit.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I use the most :
    Get together clubs
    Parenthood traits
    Outdoor "stargazing /cloud gaze"
    Luxury party buffet table
    Fitness stuff earbuds
    Cats and dogs vet career
    Get to work "have baby at hospital"
    Jungle adventure just to go on holiday
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    Get Together: I'd be lost without groups and clubs (that and Windenburg is neat)
    Get to Work: I have tons of alien sims and many sims who are cops or scientists
    Vampires: Many vampire sims, as well as humans and now mersims with Vampire skin details for variety
    Outdoor Retreat: Stargazing / cloudgazing
    Parenthood: Traits
    Cats & Dogs: I have a some veterinary sims and some custom NPC animal adoption agent sims
    Jungle Adventure: I got a lot of use out of this when I was playing my Lara Croft parody sim, not so much these days
    Island Living: I made too many mermaids 👀

and I barely use their in-game functions but the CAS items in Spooky Stuff and Movie Hangout Stuff are cute, lol
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Parenthood
    Seasons
    Island Living
    Cats and Dogs
    Dine Out (when my sims eat out)
    Perfect Patio for the hot tubs
    Backyard Stuff for the CAS, pitcher, and lawn water slide

As for Get Together, my multi-sim families don't have time to pursue their own clubs, but my unmarried sims are part of a few.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • zanyshanezanyshane Posts: 62 Member
    I just started playing The Sims 4 again more recently since its release (so I'm like a new noob, lol). I would say the base game for this reason.
    But I picked up a few packs in a bundle that I felt would add real-life-like features to the game.

Get to Work is the pack I probably use the most with Seasons being a close second as they enhance work and home life a lot. But I've barely touched the surface with the interactive careers and have not actively used Seasons features. Might consider another pack as the game feels a bit on the emptier side but we'll see. :)
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    GTW:
    Scientist Career (the cloning machine is super useful, especially for restocking your retail stores)

Retail stores (I don’t think people realize how OP they are, you can unlock something super useful like the easel with the inspired bonus, or fungal infusion fertilizer, ambrosia, money seeds, etc, then have your other sims go buy them with $ instead of having to do all the work to unlock them)

GTG & CL:
    They have the 2 biggest worlds, super useful four placing more households. GTG clubs are great for leveling skills fast on multiple sims. “Night clubs are great to build multiple friendships at once, just form a group of multiple sims and dance at a DJ booth, the whole groups’s friendship will grow.

Vintage Glamour:
    Butlers are super great for keeping your social need high, especially for single sim households.

Parenthood:
    If you are able to unlock the polite introduction (I think from maxing manners), it seems to be the largest friendship builder in the game.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Hmm, this is going to take some thought. I'm pretty sure I use features from pretty much all the packs though in regular gameplay.

Clubs - Get Together
    Character Values/Traits - Parenthood
    Fame/Reputation - Get Famous
    Music/Video Stations - Get Famous
    All Skills - All Packs With Skills
    Aliens - Get To Work
    Vampires - Vampires
    Gardening - Seasons (overhaul)
    Fishing - pre-IL patch (overhaul)
    Butlers - Vintage Glamour

Hmm, I'm sure there is a ton more. But this is a good start. I don't have IL quite yet, but hopefully soon!
  • KristinaKristina Posts: 582 Member
    edited June 2019
    Clubs, festivals (mainly romance and spice), and holidays are the ones I make use of every single time I play.
    I love vampires and aliens. If there isn't one in the household there will be in the extended family (I play one household per save).
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Parenthood, all the time with the nooboos.

Spa Day, to give my adults long-lasting massage buffs, and for Yoga.

I am new to TS4 and am waiting to see which EPs I want before I splurge.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Seasons is the obvious answer. Its features are omnipresent.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    It would be easier for me to list the features I use the least often and that would be Vampires and Aliens. I pretty much use features from all packs in my gameplay.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Seasons and Parenthood.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Well, every pack has something that I like about it and adds to my game. It would actually be easier to list the packs I use the least I think. I probably use Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Vampires, Parenthood, Laundry Day and Backyard Stuff the most though.
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    I use the laundry pack in almost all my games. Next is the kitchen pack. Followed by the Cat and Dogs pack. there are other features that I also use but are too numerous to list easily.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Oh yeah, how could I forget about laundry? :p One of my favs.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Like others it be easier for me to list what I don’t use 😆. I feel like most packs are used very often in one way or another. My most used are parenthood, seasons, cats and dogs, and get together.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    I don't break them down by pack. I just use what I like, and/or what suits either the room or the Sim.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2019
    I use many things CAS and B/B from various packs, so I can’t really say which one I use the most.

But I do love the Parenthood actions, the toddler and children content, and all of the Seasons and Vampires content, especially. I’m a supernatural family player and romance player, so anything dealing with all that is going to be used a lot.

Oh! And I also often use Dine Out restaurants occasionally for romantic couple outings, too. ^_^

With Island Living, I can definitely see myself using mermaids a lot, lol. I just love merpeople that much. :)

Cats & Dogs is the one pack I rarely use. (None of my created sims has any dogs/cats in my game.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I actually use the wellness skill for at least one sim in every household which I play. So, I guess Spa Day is used most.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I'm sure I use something from all the packs at some point when I'm playing with my families. The only thing I really actively avoid is playing running a business cause it doesn't really interest me to do that.
  • sofasimsofasim Posts: 128 Member
    The interactions from Parenthood. I am a family player, need I say more?
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited July 2019
    Hm nice question.

It depends which rotational household I play with, but I play a lot with apartments and key giving from City Living, family interactions from Parenthood, the calendar from Seasons, restaurants from Dine Out and open/active careers.