Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking Forward To the End Of TS4

Comments

• LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    I played the Sims 3 on xbox (I know it was not the same as PC), and did not like it. I am now playing and loving the Sims 4, and that is with not being a fan of EA management. So for those who love the Sims 4, I completely support you, and for us who love the Sims 4 I completely support us too. We are all different.
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    One of my Sims 4's should have been Sims 3. You should be able to tell by the post. ☺
  • wamayeliwamayeli Posts: 147 Member

Yeah, but you have to want to taste it first and if it's not visually appealing that can be an immediate turn-off. I'd much rather dig into a plate of fluffy scrambled eggs than a plate of runny, watery, scrambled eggs even though the runny eggs might have the better taste.

Yeah, the first time. But after you learn the visually appealing one tastes bad, you are not fooled again.

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Lquinn wrote: »
    I played the Sims 3 on xbox (I know it was not the same as PC), and did not like it. I am now playing and loving the Sims 4, and that is with not being a fan of EA management. So for those who love the Sims 3, I completely support you, and for us who love the Sims 4 I completely support us too. We are all different.
    (fixed it, yes, it was clear what you meant ;))

That’s not the point here though. Sims 4 fans don’t need support, they are being catered the next, what, three years, five years? Those who love Sims 3 and 2 can be among those who love Sims 4 as well by the way, that does happen ;) This topic is for those who are not catered and who are wondering why this iteration that clearly has its flaws (as did Sims 3 as did Sims 3, I know) is the one that is going to take ten years of their gaming life. And for those who disagree with that and have arguments why (other than ‘go away you don’t belong here’). This topic is not about not granting others their own opinions. It’s to discuss them.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Then why do people pay 600-900 dollars or even more for a decent graphics card for gaming if graphics is not part of gaming? Maybe not in your world - but in my world - graphics matter.

There are also plenty of players out there spending money on games like Minecraft and Stardew Valley. Those games look like holdovers from the early eighties, but they've got lots of fans.

Know why?

Because the gameplay is there, including plenty of customization.

TS4 Sims look great, I find the rest of the art style meh. But at this point most of EA's budget and time are clearly being spent on building worlds rather than creating gameplay and improving player choice.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • AericiaAericia Posts: 110 Member
    edited July 2019
    I don't get one thing...
    Ok, so the developers decided to "dehumanize" our Sims and reduce to a minimum their relationships, maybe, for example, to stabilize the game (now we can for example cancel Sim immediately without consequences for our saves). Maybe this is the reason and I respect that (it's painful but ok).
    But why they still are so lazy (no offense for them, maybe I can't find better English word, but I have several in Polish) and do not focused on gameplay? Why they make an expansion, like IL, and do not test it? Why the players must write them what is wrong? Shame! Why they do not predicted, that many players want to mix supernaturals and the children will be bugged for eternity? Why there is only one collection (maybe I'm wrong), why we can't skill diving, swimming, ecology? There are no new dances to learn, no knowledge about culture like in Junge pack... These things are so obvious and I dare to think, easy to made!
    And what do we get? Let's swim in ocean, build a house by the sea and watch, when our Sims swimming around without a reason for him (when he is skilled already) and for us, because we knocking on the table and waiting for mercy or staring on walls (because how long we can watch the guy, who diving in circle around the buoy?).
    So, what is their strategy? Pretty cartoon?
    When I played (lots!) TS2 there was: "OMG, what a surprise! New interaction here!", playing TS4 is: "why this not working, why this do nothing? It should do something, this is natural!".

I'm not a fan of TS5 idea in a matter of fact because I do not believe, that the new one will be better. I'm afraid, that this is a direction for the company: pretty cover and little gameplay inside. I prefer to wait for TS4 resurrection (the Fame pack was brilliant because of fame and reputation, fantastic work for me!... But then we got SV, lame RPG for small children and IL...). I think that University will shoot my mouth for a moment (if it will be good for a longer moment).
    But now I'm disappointed and mad...
    Origin ID: ukyojin
    Unofficial Polish Forum - simtopia.pl
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    I am not being catered to by Sims 4. I am optimistic I will like Realm of Magic, however. I'm not saying I'm looking forward to the end of Sims 4, but I will say, wholeheartedly, I am looking forward to the beginning of Sims 5...once again, being optimistic that it will cater to some of my tastes better than the current iteration does.

I also don't want to need to buy all the packs in order for a game to be better for me. I want to be able to purchase the packs that interest me personally and still have a wonderful time playing. For me, Sims 4 has been a game I play to kill time (I can enjoy a game like that, just don't want to spend hundreds on it). Sims 1-3 were much more important to me, and I still play 3 regularly.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited July 2019
    I think they mean "TS4 is getting better If you fork 400$ to it.

If it's getting better, why at some point TS4 was for free forever even when the installment hasn't even ended? It's a foolish business bargain that only shows it's lackluster game nobody wants to play it at full or even any price. Get freebie, and If even not a lot still buy out DLC, will drop the price of them above 50%. Maybe it was succesful at start, but it starting to fail as every redudant content diminishes more hope and trust. The controversy it receives than other games shows it fails to comply with majority of the fandom. I don't think it will be missed that much when memories from other games will often overshadow it.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited July 2019
    NAPK1NS wrote: »
    Anyone else just going to move onto that newly announced paralives? I’m getting the urge to boycott ts5 cos this 1 person dev fan game is shaping up to have more content in its base game than the sims 4 has ever had and it’s nowhere near alpha yet.

You mean that mobile game that they call a PC game? No thanks. Unless the graphics surpass TS4, I'm not wasting my money on it.

I prefer eating a hamburger that doesn't look good but tastes good than a good-looking hamburger that tastes bad.

Yeah, but you have to want to taste it first and if it's not visually appealing that can be an immediate turn-off. I'd much rather dig into a plate of fluffy scrambled eggs than a plate of runny, watery, scrambled eggs even though the runny eggs might have the better taste.

You understood what I was saying. :smile: I was making a comparison, I don't want to dig into a culinary discussion.

Of course I understood what you were saying. But it seems you didn't understand what I was saying. Which is unappealing graphics can be such a hindrance that you don't want to hang around and discover if the gameplay is worth it.

Ok, anyway we are different people so you seem to really enjoy TS4 but it's not the case for me. However I like The Sims, (probably the reason why we are all here) and I can understand that sometimes people who don't like TS4 are a bit harsh but you (in general) also need to understand that we give our feedbacks cause we care about The Sims and we want it to be good, otherwise we wouldn't spend our time here giving our ideas and taking the time to explain why we don't like TS4.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited July 2019
    NAPK1NS wrote: »
    Anyone else just going to move onto that newly announced paralives? I’m getting the urge to boycott ts5 cos this 1 person dev fan game is shaping up to have more content in its base game than the sims 4 has ever had and it’s nowhere near alpha yet.

You mean that mobile game that they call a PC game? No thanks. Unless the graphics surpass TS4, I'm not wasting my money on it.

I prefer eating a hamburger that doesn't look good but tastes good than a good-looking hamburger that tastes bad.

But a TS3 "hamburger" doesn't even look bad, but oh my gosh, it's SO DELICIOUS!

A TS4 "hamburger" on the other hand is deceptive - it's just a cardboard picture of a hamburger that also tastes like cardboard. What's worse is that cardboard picture of a hamburgers was expensive. And for what? There's nothing there!

The way I see it.
    TS1 - the first invention of a original burger.
    TS2 - glorious taste of the burger. Groundbreaking upgrade of the first burger
    TS3 - not much, as pickles taste odd, meat a bit undercook but cheese well melted. Other supplements, like drink, french fries and chichken nuggets are amazing.
    TS4 - different type of two buns, and an option to choose what things are stacked on top of each by the register. However, that's all much it has going. Questionable polygon of the sandwhich though.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2019
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    But why should a game so many enjoy have to come to an end just because some of you are bored? Isn't that a bit selfish? The longer it goes on the better your possible Sims 5 might be. Sims 3 went on right to the time Sims 4 came out and came unplayable for lots of us, with warnings to limit playing with the packs we bought for it. Sims 4 is getting better but as you haven't bought all the packs you haven't noticed.

Optimism, that's the thing! :)

I think selfish is to want some to keep buying and playing when each new patch and or pack breaks what things in the packs I already have. Look at the things I did enjoy. Dine Out, and Vampires are maybe the two best things about TS4 in my opinion. However, look how long they have been broken. And will continue to be rebroken over and over when a new patch or pack is released. They came out before Parenthood released in 2017. Who is being selfish?

It's not about feelings, it's about if the game is going to continue this path (and it has for at least the past two years) then why would anyone who enjoyed some packs which remain broken, GTW and GT remain unfixed, too, feel the need or want to spend more and not want them to hurry up and get on with the development of a game engine that might be able to handle a patch.

Look at it from that point of view. Someone liked the early packs and tolerated the base, but for three years no new content made it worth it to them to suffer through more bugs which would rebreak and rebreak what they already have. How in the world is that selfish? IL sounded good on paper, but would it really be worth it, to get half done simulation (like diving as rabbit holes) only to break even more what they already own?

If anyone is selfish it might be EA.
    Besides, “Sims 3 went on right to the time Sims 4 came out” isn’t true. The last pack was added almost a year before Sims 4 was released (October 2013). The only thing added after that were expensive, highly advertised (that was new, I remember my confusion, what is this...) Store... things that were more paint and looks than... wait... it had started right there and then hadn’t it, we just didn’t realize because yeah, well, Store. The ‘warnings’ to limit the packs to play with was just a way to ‘sell’ us patch 1.69 (which actually came more than a year after Sims 4 had been released). You can play the game perfectly well with all packs installed, on a computer that meets the requirements. And if it really takes hundreds of whatever valuta you pay with to make a game enjoyable (I spent up to €200 and it wasn’t enough), there just really is a problem I’d say.

And as for selfish, this game is the same age as any of the predecessors so many of us do enjoy playing (no, older actually). Sorry but I don’t feel selfish. Everybody can enjoy this version, just as we can enjoy the others. Nothing wrong or selfish about longing for a successor and hoping it will cater everyone this time around.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i apoligize in advance if it puts your thread a bit off topic @Cinebar i fully agree with you for me the perfect sims5 game would be that it have options customization so that each player can customise there game to fit there play style exemple say you went thw sims 5 to be like sims2 all the player would do is click a toggle sims2 style and there game feel just like sims2 same for players that would went a sims3 style or a sims4 style its not just the question of playstyle all players are diffrent and make choices in game like in my case i chose to keep aging fully turn off but thats my own choice, when it comes top the sims game each player make choices depending on there play style some like do story some like to rotate some play legacy ect all players are diffrent so the sims game should fit each player 's play style its not just a question of rating or player age so the next generation of the sims should be made to fit all players no matter the choices they make or play style.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Then why do people pay 600-900 dollars or even more for a decent graphics card for gaming if graphics is not part of gaming? Maybe not in your world - but in my world - graphics matter.

There are also plenty of players out there spending money on games like Minecraft and Stardew Valley. Those games look like holdovers from the early eighties, but they've got lots of fans.

Know why?

Because the gameplay is there, including plenty of customization.

TS4 Sims look great, I find the rest of the art style meh. But at this point most of EA's budget and time are clearly being spent on building worlds rather than creating gameplay and improving player choice.

Sure enough Minecraft and Stardew Valley is about customization and at the same time the graphics are not horrible as it is not the type of game that relies on out of this world graphics. There is an upsurge in pixelated games today which is an tribute to the games of old but the gameplay is good. Yes, EA/Maxis has an chokehold on creating neighborhoods where as in past version it was in the hands of the customers.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    But why should a game so many enjoy have to come to an end just because some of you are bored? Isn’t that a bit selfish? The longer it goes on the better your possible Sims 5 might be. Sims 3 went on right to the time Sims 4 came out and came unplayable for lots of us, with warnings to limit playing with the packs we bought for it. Sims 4 is getting better but as you haven’t bought all the packs you haven’t noticed.

Optimism, that’s the thing! :)

That same thing could be said about any of the previous games. Why should Sims 3/2/1 have to end because people are bored? I don’t think it’s about simply being bored, that’s just a symptom. What is causing the boredom? That’s getting to the root of the problem(s) and has been answered numerous times before. But if those things can’t or won’t be fixed, or the game starts to feel like it’s course, then why shouldn’t the players feeling that way be hoping for The Sims 5 to come along and for it to be better? I’m sure some players felt the same way about 3, 2 and 1.

Optimism is great and all but what about innovation, advancement, and substance? That's what I want to see. That would make me optimistic for The Sims 4 but there's always a catch or sacrifice and it's become clear that some things just aren't going to happen in The Sims 4. So if some of us are looking to a Sims 5 I would say that's optimistic. We haven't abandoned all hope yet, even though some of us may be annoyed at ourselves because of it. We're still willing to wait and see what the next game has to offer and to give it a chance, to believe that maybe, just maybe they can get get it right or close to right all the way around. Some of us are even hoping that competition makes Maxis and EA want to do better by us, not just hoping the competition is better to leave The Sims altogether. I think we who aren't happy with the game still being here and willing to voice our opinions and concerns is a testament to how much we still love The Sims and want it to be better.

Also, what we're generally told, those of us not happy, is if we don’t like it we shouldn’t buy it (not saying you ever said that, I don't recall) but now we won’t know it’s gotten better because we haven’t bought everything? :confused:

Some of us don’t need to drop hundreds of dollars to know what we can learn for free. There are a number of different, legal, avenues one can take to learn more about features, gameplay, etc. in all the packs for free.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited July 2019
    But why should a game so many enjoy have to come to an end just because some of you are bored? Isn’t that a bit selfish? The longer it goes on the better your possible Sims 5 might be. Sims 3 went on right to the time Sims 4 came out and came unplayable for lots of us, with warnings to limit playing with the packs we bought for it. Sims 4 is getting better but as you haven’t bought all the packs you haven’t noticed.

That same thing could be said about any of the previous games. Why should Sims 3/2/1 have to end because people are bored? I don’t think it’s about simply being bored, that’s just a symptom. What is causing the boredom? That’s getting to the root of the problem(s) and has been answered numerous times before. But if those things can’t or won’t be fixed, or the game starts to feel like it’s course, then why shouldn’t the players feeling that way be hoping for The Sims 5 to come along and for it to be better? I’m sure some players felt the same way about 3, 2 and 1.

Optimism is great and all but what about innovation, advancement, and substance? That's what I want to see. That would make me optimistic for The Sims 4 but there's always a catch or sacrifice and it's become clear that some things just aren't going to happen in The Sims 4. So if some of us are looking to a Sims 5 I would say that's optimistic. We haven't abandoned all hope yet, even though some of us may be annoyed at ourselves because of it. We're still willing to wait and see what the next game has to offer and to give it a chance, to believe that maybe, just maybe they can get get it right or close to right all the way around. Some of us are even hoping that competition makes Maxis and EA want to do better by us, not just hoping the competition is better to leave The Sims altogether. I think we who aren't happy with the game still being here and willing to voice our opinions and concerns is a testament to how much we still love The Sims and want it to be better.

Also, what we're generally told, those of us not happy, is if we don’t like it we shouldn’t buy it (not saying you ever said that, I don't recall) but now we won’t know it’s gotten better because we haven’t bought everything? :confused:

Some of us don’t need to drop hundreds of dollars to know what we can learn for free. There are a number of different, legal, avenues one can take to learn more about features, gameplay, etc. in all the packs for free.

I like this one and want more. That's all. It'll end eventually. Be patient.
    I've never taken notice of critics myself. 👵
    I got very upset when 2 ended. 😥
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

If it's getting better, why at some point TS4 was for free forever even when the installment hasn't even ended? It's a foolish business bargain that only shows it's lackluster game nobody wants to play it at full or even any price. Get freebie, and If even not a lot still buy out DLC, will drop the price of them above 50%. Maybe it was succesful at start, but it starting to fail as every redudant content diminishes more hope and trust. The controversy it receives than other games shows it fails to comply with majority of the fandom. I don't think it will be missed that much when memories from other games will often overshadow it.

I honestly believe it was free because it’s not doing as well as they would like.

I can’t think of a single game still in its run that got given away free. I’ve saw trials of games being given but I’ve never saw a company give their current product cash cow away free. I’ve never saw any other company put their dlc on sale for said cash cow as much as they do. There is no point in buying full price for sims 4- Wait a maximum of three months and it will be on sale anyhow.

I think it’s telling when not long after they begged people to take it off their hands, they rebranded the whole game design. I just hope people know that underneath the new box is the same game. And I say that because I’ve spent ages trying to convince my niece that the new story mode for sims 4 is not a full on story mode a la Bustin Out. That it’s simply a quick process to make new sims and once that sim is out of CAS it’s the same game with the exception of your sim now has skills you didn’t ask for but got anyway.

Don’t be too harsh; she is eleven. I’ve also saw similar comments made by adults in some very casual sims communities elsewhere.

It’s not selfish to be looking to the next big thing in this genre. It’s human nature. Those that love the game can continue to enjoy it. That can’t be taken from you.
    edited July 2019
    I've got the sneaky feeling that Sims 4 was given away free because EA didn't want to lower the prices for Sims 3 which is still selling well. Better to get those can't face those prices onto Sims 4 and Simspack bundles and get them addicted to that, not having played any Sims games before.
    Therefore cannot compare them!

This is a joke. B)
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited July 2019

I honestly believe it was free because it’s not doing as well as they would like.

I can’t think of a single game still in its run that got given away free. I’ve saw trials of games being given but I’ve never saw a company give their current product cash cow away free. I’ve never saw any other company put their dlc on sale for said cash cow as much as they do. There is no point in buying full price for sims 4- Wait a maximum of three months and it will be on sale anyhow.

I think it’s telling when not long after they begged people to take it off their hands, they rebranded the whole game design. I just hope people know that underneath the new box is the same game. And I say that because I’ve spent ages trying to convince my niece that the new story mode for sims 4 is not a full on story mode a la Bustin Out. That it’s simply a quick process to make new sims and once that sim is out of CAS it’s the same game with the exception of your sim now has skills you didn’t ask for but got anyway.

Don’t be too harsh; she is eleven. I’ve also saw similar comments made by adults in some very casual sims communities elsewhere.

It’s not selfish to be looking to the next big thing in this genre. It’s human nature. Those that love the game can continue to enjoy it. That can’t be taken from you.

I remember when they let us play the game for 2 days as a demo and recently they just gave the game and patch in some dlc for free. They didn't give sims 2 away for free until it's 10th anniversary, they haven't given sims 3 away yet and still priced for 19.99 online and in stores. Sims 4 is only in its 5th year, if they giving the game and it's dlc away back then and now, then sims 4 clearly isn't making them the sales the same way 2 and 3 did.
    giphy.gif

edited July 2019

I remember when they let us play the game for 2 days as a demo and recently they just gave the game and patch in some dlc for free. They didn't give sims 2 away for free until it's 10th anniversary, they haven't given sims 3 away yet and still priced for 19.99 online and in stores. Sims 4 is only in its 5th year, if they giving the game and it's dlc away back then and now, then sims 4 clearly isn't making them the sales the same way 2 and 3 did.

Sims 3 is still selling well but EA are still making good money out of it from those who didn't buy all the packs originally. They are not likely to lower those prices yet.New young players might not have the money to start it anyway. A bit daunting to see how much they will play eventually for the complete set. I believe it's intentionally kept high.

What EA seem to be after, (only my opinion though), is those who haven't played a Sims game, start them off and offer cheap bundles and get them addicted to Sims 4 without knowledge of earlier ones. 1 and 2 are not available and Sims 3 expensive. (Not that Sims 4 won't be expensive in the long run but they feel they are getting a bargain)!
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    In my experience, when something is heavily marked down on sale, there’s a reason. And you often don’t see the reason until you use the item. It might be something insignificant to you, but important to someone else, but there is a reason. I hesitate to take things even for free because then I am the person stuck with that thing. The fact that TS4 was given away for free and the sales occur so often reflects its low desirability and poor delivery.
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

I like this one and want more. That's all. It'll end eventually. Be patient.
    I've never taken notice of critics myself. 👵
    I got very upset when 2 ended. 😥

That's great for you then, and I truly hope The Sims 4's foundation can stand more. One of my concerns is that by year 7 even the most optimistic players are frustrated because nothing is being fixed and the game is too buggy and too laggy but the team is no longer focused on that, they're onto the next game. I hope that doesn't happen.

And thanks, but I'm already pretty patient. Waiting on the next game and getting in ideas for that. I'm so patient I was willing to wait a year or more for them to do The Sims 4 base game right, but we were told the game is complete when they say it's complete. Was also patient enough, against my better judgment, to wait and see if my two favorite packs would change my feelings but no such luck.

:confused: I could say more about the rest of your statement but I'll just leave it there.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top