Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking Forward To the End Of TS4

Comments

• Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    NAPK1NS wrote: »
    Anyone else just going to move onto that newly announced paralives? I’m getting the urge to boycott ts5 cos this 1 person dev fan game is shaping up to have more content in its base game than the sims 4 has ever had and it’s nowhere near alpha yet.

You mean that mobile game that they call a PC game? No thanks. Unless the graphics surpass TS4, I'm not wasting my money on it.

I prefer eating a hamburger that doesn't look good but tastes good than a good-looking hamburger that tastes bad.

Yeah, but you have to want to taste it first and if it's not visually appealing that can be an immediate turn-off. I'd much rather dig into a plate of fluffy scrambled eggs than a plate of runny, watery, scrambled eggs even though the runny eggs might have the better taste.

I mean, I personally love TS4's art style and Sim appearances, and really want to like it, but it still falls short for me, mainly due to shallow live mode gameplay.

I don't think everyone that dislikes TS4 is out to really dislike it for the sake of it; I wish I could like it more.
  • Mikado-chanMikado-chan Posts: 108 Member
    Renato10 wrote: »
    well... I grew up in an era that graphics were terrible for nowadays standards in almost every game. Maybe its your priority but I don't know... I personally prefer to pay for playing and having fun than paying for taking good pictures but maybe Im just "old" despite having only 24...
    I'm older than you and I remember those "terrible" graphics. They didn't bother me at that time. But I've always wanted games to improve. In EVERY aspect - gameplay, graphics, stability etc. That's why I'm not a fan of new games with low-poly meshes and low-res textures. It's 2019 and I want better than that.

Nevertheless, I don't expect an indie game with just one dev to have amazing graphics :joy: It's probably not a game for me, so I'll just wait and hope for another life-sim. Although I'll keep an eye on this game.
    I prefer eating a hamburger that doesn't look good but tastes good than a good-looking hamburger that tastes bad.
    I guess it depends on the person. I would never eat something that looks disgusting, even if someone assured me it's delicious :lol:
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Anyone else just going to move onto that newly announced paralives? I’m getting the urge to boycott ts5 cos this 1 person dev fan game is shaping up to have more content in its base game than the sims 4 has ever had and it’s nowhere near alpha yet.

You mean that mobile game that they call a PC game? No thanks. Unless the graphics surpass TS4, I'm not wasting my money on it.

But a TS3 "hamburger" doesn't even look bad, but oh my gosh, it's SO DELICIOUS!

A TS4 "hamburger" on the other hand is deceptive - it's just a cardboard picture of a hamburger that also tastes like cardboard. What's worse is that cardboard picture of a hamburgers was expensive. And for what? There's nothing there!
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Just rip that bandaid off. I'm ready for this horrible rollercoaster ride to be over with

I agree with everything except the rollercoaster ride. Rollercoasters denote some sense of excitement, anticipation, and thrills.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited July 2019

Yeah, but you have to want to taste it first and if it's not visually appealing that can be an immediate turn-off. I'd much rather dig into a plate of fluffy scrambled eggs than a plate of runny, watery, scrambled eggs even though the runny eggs might have the better taste.

Runny eggs... yuk. My own poor looking good tasting hamburger OK but when eating out I want it looking good! Once bitten twice shy though. That goes for videogames as well.

Some games though I loved in spite of the simple graphics, I just loved the little golfers in SimGolf for example grumbling or praising the holes as they went around your course giving you an insight into how bad your decisions were! :)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member

A TS4 "hamburger" on the other hand is deceptive - it's just a cardboard picture of a hamburger that also tastes like cardboard. What's worse is that cardboard picture of a hamburgers was expensive. And for what? There's nothing there!

Who said anything about the Sims 3? I love the Sims 3. Gameplay and graphics. I thought the reference was for the new simulation game currently in development. 🤔 Which I'm also looking forward to.
    i feel ready to move on to the sims5 even do i still love the sims4 right now feel ready to move on to sims5

That's strange coming from you who loves TS4 so much and was putting down Paralives so recently. Are you trying to get rid of the people who hate TS4 and encouraging them go to the Paralives Discord forum? o:)

I love TS4 and while not ready to move on I'm sure I'll enjoy Sims 5 if and when it makes an appearance. There's nothing strange about that. What's strange is your claim to love TS3 yet spend all your forum time in TS4 forum criticising the game with hardly any postings in TS3 forum.
    i feel ready to move on to the sims5 even do i still love the sims4 right now feel ready to move on to sims5

That's strange coming from you who loves TS4 so much and was putting down Paralives so recently. Are you trying to get rid of the people who hate TS4 and encouraging them go to the Paralives Discord forum? o:)

I love TS4 and while not ready to move on I'm sure I'll enjoy Sims 5 if and when it makes an appearance. There's nothing strange about that. What's strange is your claim to love TS3 yet spend all your forum time in TS4 forum criticising the game with hardly any postings in TS3 forum.

It was such a quick and sudden about face. It looks suspicious.

I DO have the TS4 game and it's far from being good - it needs SERIOUS work. Glossing over all its problems doesn't help it to do well in the long run. There's still bugs in there that the devs haven't addressed yet IN YEARS. And EA expects it to keep going for another few years? People are already catching on that this is an unplayable mess. It's not going to take long for parents to realize that it's a waste of money to buy for their young kids, and teenage girls will just end up getting some cheaper dress-up doll app. EAxis needs to focus more on fixing it - at least for a period of time - before coming out with new packs that will just add even more bugs to it. They also need to play any new features themselves in a game with all previous packs to ensure that there are no conflicts - because it doesn't seem like they check AT ALL. So I'm not criticizing it for nothing - I want it to do well, but it can't if the gameplay is so buggy.

TS3 is way better than TS4 all around so I don't need to go to its forum to criticize it. I do write long posts to praise what I love about it and to promote it anywhere I see the opportunity - not just in the TS3 section. I do read that section though for news on any new builds, worlds and stories that I can download or get inspiration from and sometimes I post if I can help someone there. You see, TS3 is doing fine on it's own and I don't need to encourage EAxis to do anything for it.

TS3 is way better than TS4 all around so I don't need to go to its forum to criticize it. I do write long posts to praise what I love about it and to promote it anywhere I see the opportunity - not just in the TS3 section. I do read that section though for news on any new builds, worlds and stories that I can download or get inspiration from and sometimes I post if I can help someone there. You see, TS3 is doing fine on it's own and I don't need to encourage EAxis to do anything for it.

Exactly my point. You spend all your time in the Sims 4 forum trying to prove why you think the Sims 3 is superior to the Sims 4 instead of just enjoying your version and sharing your love of the game and gameplay with your Sims 3 peers. But hey, you do you.
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member

Now I want hamburgers :'(
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member

Exactly my point. You spend all your time in the Sims 4 forum trying to prove why you think the Sims 3 is superior to the Sims 4 instead of just enjoying your version and sharing your love of the game and gameplay with your Sims 3 peers. But hey, you do you.

Yesssss!!! THIS ^^^^
  • AericiaAericia Posts: 110 Member
    edited July 2019

There is no "love" and "hate" here.
    This is a scale ;):
    Completely catastrophic -(here is somewhere TS4) ->(Perfect, absolute)
    :) We all want to TS4 move on Perfect direction.

You say, that You love TS4. I love some points too: the graphics is amazing, the Sims as they look, their face expressions, the humor... But I can't love bugs and lazy work (poor playable content compared to older titles).

I don't believe that You are easy with all bugs, old and new, even if you like game play (and staring when your Sim snorkeling around without reason). ;)

We are clients, who bought this expensive game. We bought it with hope, that Maxis do it very good, because they do it very good in the past. Maybe not perfect but very good. And we bought expansions because we knew the politics: more expansions - more content - better game.
    I think, that complaining, when is constructive, is good. If people were always love what they get, there will be no progression at all and still we will sleep in tents and hunting with spears. :)

Origin ID: ukyojin
    Unofficial Polish Forum - simtopia.pl
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2019
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

I mean, I personally love TS4's art style and Sim appearances, and really want to like it, but it still falls short for me, mainly due to shallow live mode gameplay.

I don't think everyone that dislikes TS4 is out to really dislike it for the sake of it; I wish I could like it more.
    Exactly. I actually don’t think anyone that dislikes TS4 is out to really dislike it for the sake of it.

If I may speak for myself, I play Sims 3 but don’t really feel like sharing that experience anymore. I write down their stories still, but only for myself. For years I’ve shared every adventure my sims had on a forum, I actually enjoy just playing now and keeping it all to myself.

As for posting here, what people maybe don’t realize, is that it’s just fun to share opinions about a game you love with like-minded people. And for me there are a lot of like-minded people here. People who express their opinions and views quite thoroughly and share visions I even learn from, because I never played Sims 1 and 2 and actually also what people write about Sims 4 is informative for me (and no, definitely not always negative; I do realize that certain things that matter to me don’t matter to others and vice versa).

This section is the place where people discuss this franchise and I just love that. Over at the TS3 section people help each other or post pictures. From time to time I enjoy that too (also because it’s a nice bunch of people), but my enjoying Sims 3 doesn’t depend on it.
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited July 2019
    Constructive criticism. It's a good thing. From those who enjoy the game and want it to be better and continue to succeed.
    Complaining and negativity. Not so much.
  • AericiaAericia Posts: 110 Member
    edited July 2019
    Constructive criticism. It's a good thing. From those who enjoy the game and want it to be better and continue to succeed.
    For me it is only semantic. All criticism starts from complaining.
    And negativity coming with frustration, when Your constructive criticism won't work and nobody wants to listen You, in a matter of fact.

Origin ID: ukyojin
    Unofficial Polish Forum - simtopia.pl
    edited July 2019

You've entirely skipped over that I own the TS4 game and want it to be better. But I know it's because you can't think of a retort for that.

I'd rather give people frustrated with TS4 better options with TS3 if EAxis won't or can't fix TS4.
    "We watch our forums a lot, because we care about what our players have to say. If what makes you happy is to go on the forums and complain, you get to complain."
    - Rich Hilleman, EA's Chief Creative Officer

ClarionOfJoy can say what they want, so long as they follow forum rules.

Thanks. My complaints aren't just to complain for the heck of it - I really do want TS4 to be better. I'm a live game player and the bugs are much more apparent because that's where most of them are, not in CAS or build mode. Also, fixing the bugs would be the real solution if they want more people, both new and returning, to buy it, not trying to silence or push out the complainers.

If the bugs were fixed and prices reflected the content more accurately (make it cheaper for the fewer content) then there would be far less complaints.

• ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Aericia wrote: »
    For me it is only semantic. All criticism starts from complaining.
    And negativity coming with frustration, when Your constructive criticism won't work and nobody wants to listen You, in a matter of fact.

Exactly. Some of us have been saying the same things, in even more detail, from the start and still no change with just the issues we commonly share, that even people who speak positively of The Sims 4 agree with.

We all want this game to be better or we wouldn't be here.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2019
    There was a lot of complaining and negativity this last week and it came from people who play and love Sims 4. They didn’t like the new look and for some it even caused health issues. It wasn’t the people who don’t play Sims 4 that were complaining (why would we). Same happens when a bug hits, or a pack is disappointing. The ‘negative nancies’ are often just sharing their opinions in very recognizable topics that you can perfectly well avoid if you don’t like that discussion. Those topics are highly constructive by the way, filled with suggestions and ideas for the game, that’s what makes them so interesting for me. And everyone is welcome to participate but you don’t have to. Do you think for one minute the currents devs mind about us? They don’t. Most of us are too old anyway :p

I see a lot of frustration in this section, but mainly by people who do play Sims 4, and though their tone may be loud and angry at times (like with the new look), it’s also committed and genuine. I also see how feedback and critique often is labeled ‘complaining’ when it’s not.

If I may give one more motivation to post here: defend Sims 3 (or rather, what it stands for). No, not its bugs and not its flaws, but a lot of the features that are really important to me and that I see slated on here frequently for reasons I happen to know are unjust. If no Sims 3 fan ever showed up here, the team might think no simmer in this world loved for instance CASt or open world. That is just not going to happen. I’m here to tell them there actually are players who mind those amazing features are gone and also tell them that no, their game wasn’t unplayable and a lot of issues mentioned the players’ own fault and not the game’s. That’s not negativity (going on about the ‘ugliness’ of the predecessor is negativity), that’s giving feedback. And I know Sims 4 will never have CASt nor an open world, but I still want the creators of this game to know both are highly missed by some and we’re still here. We’re super super loyal. That’s not negative, that’s as positive as it gets.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited July 2019

You understood what I was saying. :smile: I was making a comparison, I don't want to dig into a culinary discussion.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

LOOOL! :smiley: Love your humor.
    Lu4ERme.gif

You understood what I was saying. :smile: I was making a comparison, I don't want to dig into a culinary discussion.

Of course I understood what you were saying. But it seems you didn't understand what I was saying. Which is unappealing graphics can be such a hindrance that you don't want to hang around and discover if the gameplay is worth it.
    You've entirely skipped over that I own the TS4 game and want it to be better. But I know it's because you can't think of a retort for that.

Yeah, right. Thank you for your concern. :)

'Yeah, I can't wait for EA to put TS4 out of it's misery and move on to TS5.'
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    But why should a game so many enjoy have to come to an end just because some of you are bored? Isn't that a bit selfish? The longer it goes on the better your possible Sims 5 might be. Sims 3 went on right to the time Sims 4 came out and came unplayable for lots of us, with warnings to limit playing with the packs we bought for it. Sims 4 is getting better but as you haven't bought all the packs you haven't noticed.

Optimism, that's the thing! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top