Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which mod let you pick your child's school?

Kawaiistacie used to have a mod that let you pick which school your sim kids went to. Most (if not all) were named after Gossip Girl characters. Does this mod still exist? I have an older version of it, and when I went to update it, the only one I could find was the Better Schools mod. I know she mentioned in one of her updates that all of her school mods might be combined into one mod at some point, so does that mean the mod is gone for now but will return as a bundle in the future?
Gallery ID: floridameerkat
Family trees:
Young
Pearce
Niner

Comments

• XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I think it is still broken as she hadn't put it back up on the site yet.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,777 Member
    According to her updates page, she is only updating Better Schools and her Preschool Mod. The other school mod will not be updated as it has been problematic for awhile.
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    According to her updates page, she is only updating Better Schools and her Preschool Mod. The other school mod will not be updated as it has been problematic for awhile.

That's unfortunate. It wasn't a mod that did much, but I still liked having it in my game. I guess I'll just stick with the Better Schools mod.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • LynnziegoLynnziego Posts: 9 New Member
    Speaking of the Better Schools mod, is there a trick to getting it to work? I use the Preschool mod by KawaiiStacie and it works like a dream. But I can't get any of the better schools options in the game. I unzipped the folder and placed it in my Mods folder, but it does show several versions in there. Do I just need one of the versions? Could that be the problem?
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i know you could with the private school mod. since i only used it for a while i can't remember the creator
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Lol this modder has a lot of mods she decided to no longer update and support because “updating mods to make them compatible with the game is not fun” for her. It’s beyond annoying and I’m surprised to hear she still has supporters.
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    I have all three of her school mods (preschool to college) and the only problems I've had is the fact that the college one doesn't always show up in careers, I get an error message when promoting my sims in college from level 3 up, and the fact that it hasn't been updated.
    I can deal with those problems, as they don't bother me much. If another, similar, school one becomes available then I might consider changing it, but right now I like using these because it helps my toddlers-teens build up their character traits faster. If done right I can have all five of them maxed out at the toddler stage.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.