Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is there a feedback section if our ideas are barely, if ever, implemented?

2...Next

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    Cinebar wrote: »
    The following is a reaction to the Fengs. AHAHAHa ;) . Sorry, I was laughing hysterically about them always being sick. Not at you but with you instead of crying. That has been my experience with GTW also. Tick tock, tick tock, the mouse ran up the clock, and still there are bugs with the detective career, I just read the same dang bug here today. The player had somehow reached level six, (astonishing it even half works now) but the existing bug of not being able to find the suspect at the station, after the APB was issued, never mind how hard it is for the game to generate the right suspect to arrest to begin with since three years ago and the CL pack was released. That's how long those two bugs have been popping up. :s I will not buy one more thing (and haven't) until it is fixed correctly, and if I ever install Seasons they also better not be wearing coats or fix the dang clues. Hospital, cure one back in five minutes to go through it again. Shallow. See them outside they aren't sick if you didn't get to them that day. See them at hospital back for the tenth time.

Why do devs never implement what we want? Well, what they want is more important.

1. General Manager stated she couldn't understand what in the world players would build on a 64x64 lot. Been with Maxis since TS2. Are you kidding?

2. One said dog houses are immoral..no dog houses.

3. One is a foodie, so lots and lots of food! Woot, yay, never mind gameplay we need pixelated food.

3.2 One said they are proud of the fact choices Sims can walk through or 'clip' objects and or other Sims and don't regret their choice with removing the block.

4. One said they love pet clothes, so therefore, tons of pet clothes in a stuff pack for more money after the EP of pet clothes.

5. One said they love collecting in real life...yes, sure, why not, but do people just collect stuff found under rocks? Shallow

6. One said they think the Sim pc is the best thing eva, since so many things can be done on a pc...real reason saves money on a new and different object or activity. Just reuse the same animation for everything on the same old pc. Why not...cheaper. Just add another task on the pie menu. $2 cost.

7. One said all forums are trash and doesn't read them.

8. One said lounge chairs are hard and expensive. Let them eat cake?

9. And the best one of all, Now that they have the big EPs out of the way (Seasons and C&D) they can add what they wanted to do. So, there you are..the devs build a game for themselves.

The dog house thing still annoys me to no end....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    If they had listened to us, IL wouldn't have been that lacking.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    The following is a reaction to the Fengs. AHAHAHa ;) . Sorry, I was laughing hysterically about them always being sick. Not at you but with you instead of crying. That has been my experience with GTW also. Tick tock, tick tock, the mouse ran up the clock, and still there are bugs with the detective career, I just read the same dang bug here today. The player had somehow reached level six, (astonishing it even half works now) but the existing bug of not being able to find the suspect at the station, after the APB was issued, never mind how hard it is for the game to generate the right suspect to arrest to begin with since three years ago and the CL pack was released. That's how long those two bugs have been popping up. :s I will not buy one more thing (and haven't) until it is fixed correctly, and if I ever install Seasons they also better not be wearing coats or fix the dang clues. Hospital, cure one back in five minutes to go through it again. Shallow. See them outside they aren't sick if you didn't get to them that day. See them at hospital back for the tenth time.

Why do devs never implement what we want? Well, what they want is more important.

1. General Manager stated she couldn't understand what in the world players would build on a 64x64 lot. Been with Maxis since TS2. Are you kidding?

3. One is a foodie, so lots and lots of food! Woot, yay, never mind gameplay we need pixelated food.

3.2 One said they are proud of the fact choices Sims can walk through or 'clip' objects and or other Sims and don't regret their choice with removing the block.

4. One said they love pet clothes, so therefore, tons of pet clothes in a stuff pack for more money after the EP of pet clothes.

5. One said they love collecting in real life...yes, sure, why not, but do people just collect stuff found under rocks? Shallow

6. One said they think the Sim pc is the best thing eva, since so many things can be done on a pc...real reason saves money on a new and different object or activity. Just reuse the same animation for everything on the same old pc. Why not...cheaper. Just add another task on the pie menu. $2 cost.

9. And the best one of all, Now that they have the big EPs out of the way (Seasons and C&D) they can add what they wanted to do. So, there you are..the devs build a game for themselves.

Me too. Dogs like dog houses. A person calling them cruel doesn't understand that dogs are den animals. IOW, not only should they have consulted a behavioral psychologist or three when developing the base game to get realistic reactions and emotions, they probably should have consulted a zoologist to at least have a basic understanding of animals.
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    edited July 2019
    Felicity wrote: »

Me too. Dogs like dog houses. A person calling them cruel doesn't understand that dogs are den animals. IOW, not only should they have consulted a behavioral psychologist or three when developing the base game to get realistic reactions and emotions, they probably should have consulted a zoologist to at least have a basic understanding of animals.

If they really had just 50% basic understanding of animals they wouldn‘t have had created pet cages whom just hold ONE animal! That to me is more cruel than dog houses.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Well, I realize that I personally don't have a say in what will be added and featured. I know the team probably derives some inspiration from us players, but to expect them to let us be in charge is a little too self-important in my mind. It's business and their call. I am aware that I pay for what they think should be in the game, and I'm fine with it. I'm just a consumer, and they provide.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited July 2019

Especially since there are things in the game that are already far more immoral than dog houses. Alien abductions/pregnacies. Forced deep feedings for vampires. Mermaids being able to drown Sims. Starving a baby. Assault and murder are possible in this game, but dog houses? Nooooooo...

Frankly, I don't care about dog houses, but even I can admit how absurd that is.

Edit: Not to mention what's already possible for the player to do to their Sims.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Well, I realize that I personally don't have a say in what will be added and featured. I know the team probably derives some inspiration from us players, but to expect them to let us be in charge is a little too self-important in my mind. It's business and their call. I am aware that I pay for what they think should be in the game, and I'm fine with it. I'm just a consumer, and they provide.

The consumer is the raison d'etre of a company, which exists to serve us, not the other way around. Back in the 60s & 70s a certain car company said, often, "Putting you first keeps us first." That company utterly dominated the American auto market for roughly half a century living by that philosophy.