Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims getting stuck on pool floats?

Anytime a sim uses a pool float that current sim is stuck on the float. If there are other sims on the lot while one sim is using the float those sims will also be stuck in place, unable to move. The only way to cancel the pool float action is to reset the sim using the pool float. Once I reset that sim all sims go back to acting normal. Anyone else having this issue? All my mods are up to date. Just thought I would ask before going through a more extensive search of what’s causing it.

Comments

• BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Still seems like a mod issue .
    I have only MCCC and no issues at all with this pack. No faceless sims, no "can't tan" issues, no sims running on water and not this.

So my guess is either a mod or CC glitch.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • godfatheroz2godfatheroz2 Posts: 87 Member
    yupp wrote: »
    Anytime a sim uses a pool float that current sim is stuck on the float. If there are other sims on the lot while one sim is using the float those sims will also be stuck in place, unable to move. The only way to cancel the pool float action is to reset the sim using the pool float. Once I reset that sim all sims go back to acting normal. Anyone else having this issue? All my mods are up to date. Just thought I would ask before going through a more extensive search of what’s causing it.

I had this exact issue in St. Lania Taz, the beach lot. I've never played with mods. There is a bug thread in HQ that touches on this.
  • yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member

I had this exact issue in St. Lania Taz, the beach lot. I've never played with mods. There is a bug thread in HQ that touches on this.

I removed my mods and still have this issue. I’ve only played in St. Lania Taz and that’s where it keeps happening so it might be that section of the island.
  • KiwiliciousKiwilicious Posts: 6 New Member
    I am having this exact same issue. Disabled all mods, tested out with a few different save files. Finally started to notice sims stopped moving once one of my sims got onto the floating pool lounger and I had to reset them to get everyone moving again. I've not testing other areas of Sulani yet, but this keeps happening to me on the Sand Simoleon Beach in St. Lania Taz.
    I am having this exact same issue. Disabled all mods, tested out with a few different save files. Finally started to notice sims stopped moving once one of my sims got onto the floating pool lounger and I had to reset them to get everyone moving again. I've not testing other areas of Sulani yet, but this keeps happening to me on the Sand Simoleon Beach in St. Lania Taz.

Ok I’m glad it seems to be a known bug. Hopefully they fix it soon. I will year in other areas of Sulani later today to see.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Yep this just happened to me on st. Lania taz. Tried adding floats to beach lot and the whole game went glitchy with sims freezing every time someone used a float. This is a messy area that needs to be patched big time. Hopefully it will have a fix soon. This essentially means floats aren’t usable in that neighborhood.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited June 2019

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-IL-Freezing-and-lags-in-Lani-St-Taz-lot/m-p/7978720#M94812

This is the report for this issue. The user who initially reported specifically mentions pool floats being an issue anywhere in this neighborhood. It doesn’t cause lag for me but the sims freezing yes. Putting this here for others to click me too as well.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member

I removed my mods and still have this issue. I’ve only played in St. Lania Taz and that’s where it keeps happening so it might be that section of the island.

That whole island area is BORKED!!!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    I hope it gets fixed before the consoles get this pack in a little over 2 weeks. Consoles get the PC bugs.
    I repaired my game again and all the sudden the pool floats work fine again.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member

There is still an issue with floats close to the lot that causes sims to freeze. Chances are you'll have this happen again till it's fixed in a patch.

There is still an issue with floats close to the lot that causes sims to freeze. Chances are you'll have this happen again till it's fixed in a patch.

Alright, that’s good to know. So far so good still. We’ll see.