Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kalua pork recipe

So in the odd jobs it keeps popping up that the job is too bring some kalua pork to the client. but I cant figure out how to cook it. I have looked through the fridge... i have talked to some of the locals and i dont see anything i can ask them about it, when the locals bring over the kalua pork to my house i tried to "ask about food" but still nothing, i have no recipe. Help!

Comments

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Buy the banana leaf grill and you can make it with that.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    Do you have the new cooking pit? I think you can only make it there.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I didn't feel like buying the pit yet so I always prepare the meal at the pit in Ohan'ali Town center across from the beach there.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Posts: 6,143 Member
    oh great! yeah i dont think my sim would have the pit on their house yet so ill check out the community one. thank you!!!
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I didn't feel like buying the pit yet so I always prepare the meal at the pit in Ohan'ali Town center across from the beach there.

This is where I made the local recipes too, before my sim could afford to get much stuff for his house. Then, of course you have neighbours coming by with "extra food" and its always the Kalua Pork dish. I had so many servings in the fridge...really limited what one single sim can eat :D
    edited June 2019
    Kathykins wrote: »

This is where I made the local recipes too, before my sim could afford to get much stuff for his house. Then, of course you have neighbours coming by with "extra food" and its always the Kalua Pork dish. I had so many servings in the fridge...really limited what one single sim can eat :D

They do that, don't they. :D Every time my Sims are cooking because they're hungry, the neighbors come over with more food. It always turns into a dinner party. At least my Sims' social need never gets low in Sulani.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required

we all try ...

They do that, don't they. :D Every time my Sims are cooking because they're hungry, the neighbors come over with more food. It always turns into a dinner party. At least my Sims' social need never gets low in Sulani.

Right?!? He juuuust had a good meal, THEN they come over! And they STILL raid his fridge....sheesh.
    I do like it when they bring over Kava though. Free kava bowl! I always use it for the odd job where you send someone a bowl of kava through the mail.

we all try ...
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    or hosting a kava party, since you so frequently roll 'prepare a bowl of kava' and 'call sims to get a drink'. it's actually wound up being handy having 3 bowls at my merman's place when he hosts those parties
  • SxyPeytonSxyPeyton Posts: 27 Member
    I cannot for the life of me figure this out. My cooking skill is 2 but clicking on the fire-pit doesn't give me any option to cook anything, only add fuel, change color.. and so on
    SxyPeyton wrote: »
    I cannot for the life of me figure this out. My cooking skill is 2 but clicking on the fire-pit doesn't give me any option to cook anything, only add fuel, change color.. and so on

That's the bonfire, you need the cooking pit that looks like its covered in big leaves. Its in the outdoor cooking category :)
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Wait you don’t have to buy that pit where is the one just on a lot?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    There's one at the community center, where some of the festivals are held too, yes :)
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    There's one at the community center, where some of the festivals are held too, yes :)
    Wait where are the community centers? I haven't seen one.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    the community center is the non-visitable lot on the main island where most of the festival things occur. the place that changes and has balloons some days and sims crowded around it. it's near the 20x20 lot and the bar
  • SxyPeytonSxyPeyton Posts: 27 Member
    Thank you sooooo much Kathy.. I just couldn't figure out what the heck I was missing :)
  • MichlyntyresMichlyntyres Posts: 112 Member
    I have made the kalua pork for my odd job, but the mail box says it is missing something. Cannot figure out what it is
    did your sim have a single serving in inventory or the entire dish? if i recall, mine needed just a single serving for it
  • br00k3rsbr00k3rs Posts: 1 New Member
    You have to get the sulani grill