Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you want my money, how about you fix the game!

2...Next

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited June 2019
    Ranting and complaining on forums never does any good. If it did Sims 3 would be perfect in every way when it finished, so what makes Simmers think it will do any good with Sims 4? It's more like divide and rule with the various iterations.

Having been on the Forums for over 10 years now I have noticed that civil threads, requests suggestions, and lately, polls get more notice and the Guru's do resort to the latter themselves on occasion. Everything else gets shifted to EA Answers.
    My advice is keep things short and concise. Sometimes it is like being trapped up against a party wall by the geek with a grievance everyone else at the party has avoided at all cost.
  • JPsimmerJPsimmer Posts: 109 Member
    I agree with OP. Some features that are advertised as key features don't even work properly. TS4 is a scam
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited June 2019
    Renato10 wrote: »
    Long time simmer who just got the game a month ago?

Is that really weird? Theres a lot of long time players that refuse to buy The Sims 4.

I mean, I think it's weird to have been such a huge fan but to have never tried the Sims 4, which tells me you are assuming you will hate it all by what other people are saying about it despite your own love of all things like it that have come before. As a person who's experienced this a lot, I've come to learn that the degree to which people complain is usually only rivaled by their love and/or passion for it, which suggests a worthiness to me. It's a weird stance to take from the get go, to not like a game you've never played...and then to go on complaining about it? Yea, weird is just one of the things you could call that.

I agree. If you've played it and don't like it , after giving it a try. Fine. But to hate it when you yourself havent dabbled in it, is just strange.

SOMEONE who gets it. Amen indeed. Thanks.

Also, not trying to "hi-jack" a discussion, but I forgot how much people just like to complain unproductively, it really brings y'all together so I will kindly step back and let you take it away, and remember why I left the forums in the first place! Buh bye, now.

It's not about not being allowed to have an opinion and it's hilarious to me that y'all keep going there. It's stupid however that you would encourage players to have opinions about things they haven't even tried, instead of encouraging them to play it and decide for themselves. It makes sense threads get shut down because things are just backwards around here apparently. Lastly, if you cannot see how a player who has never played a game starts making complaining posts about the game just to garner more negative discussion about a game people apparently all LOVE to hate...I mean it's all so twisted and I guess y'all have a found a simbiotic relationship...pun intended.

Except the OP got the game during the free game week. They're giving their feedback after playing the game and getting frustrated by the bugs. I understand the reason for your rant; it just doesn't apply to the OP.

Edit: I think a problem is, though, when a game is expensive -- not everyone has a large entertainment budget, and they often need to go by word of mouth. I never encourage people to pay often over a day's wages for a game I see as buggy and will explain why I feel either a hard pass or waiting for a big sale is in order.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited June 2019
    i think some need to realise that no matter what game is played on pc or console eather that game is the sims4 or the old kingquest game now on steam no games are 100% bug free or perfectand i am saying this as a player of the sims since sims1

Many people have a clue that games can have bugs, are broken and cannot be 100% bug free. However, the highlight is a shipped (*analogy*) scammed laptop from internet/store that is severely broken after unpacking day 1 after purchase. It flickers, glitches, certain program don't work, etc. Compare it, to that of a laptop that serves greatly for 10 years or more before its ultimate well-aged death comes. Laptop that's hardly functional from display shelves is how I can match the significiant issue with TS4 being buggy.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I don't know if this helps you at all, but I just have one of my Sims set the table. If you set the dining room table they will eat there.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited June 2019
    Set it as in "serve" regularly or that Parenthood feature of setting up plates and utensils?
    NNpYlHF.jpg
    Set it as in "serve" regularly or that Parenthood feature of setting up plates and utensils?

Setting up plates and utensils. I was unaware that was parenthood though, as I bought parenthood and several other packs the same time I bought the game so not sure what's from what lol.

But serve or call to meal might work too as that's how I normally feed my Sims and they always eat at the table, I do set it first all the time too though.
  • JPsimmerJPsimmer Posts: 109 Member
    edited June 2019
    So basically, a workaround for a glitch is to purchase DLC...How very “EA”
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    Fwiw, in my games 'call to meal' does not reliably result in sims sitting together at the table. I'll try having one of the sims set the table, though! :smile:
    edited June 2019
    Thanks @Tiarella, Yes, I'm pretty sure it's the actual setting the table that is doing it for me, but just couldn't say 100%. I just always have a kid set the table before a meal and they all come sit at it (except toddlers who can't of course.) Hopefully you'll find the same thing :)
  • Sinfulleaf12Sinfulleaf12 Posts: 2 New Member
    I personally agree with what the OP is trying to get at. They put out the base game, it's broken. They might MIGHT fix it in a patch, that is if a Modder doesn't fix it for them. (Pure and I mean PURE sloppy coding and laziness on the Sims Team's Part). Just so a month or two later they break it again in another game pack, stuff pack, or expansion. Take the latest update for example, they put out Island Living and break vampires with just one, Just ONE line of code. Do they fix it? No. They are to busy working on something else to fix it, and why would they? A modder fixed it, so they figure "why bother." So in short, they expect us to buy something that ships broken, might get fixed, gets broken again, might get fixed again, if someone else fixes it for them they just don't bother. Can anyone and I mean Anyone else think of a product or service that you would even think of using, or buying. If you knew that it would remain broken or messed up? Would you buy your current cellphone if you knew the company would just give you a broken product, or o a update that would break it? Just to turn around and shrug their shoulders because someone else would fix it for them?

The only way that a business relationship works is they expect us to buy their products. As consumers of said product we ALL have the right to expect a product that is working properly, or is/will be fixed in a timely manner. Beta Testing is there for a reason, to see what the bugs are, break the crap out of stuff. Then fix it, or start working on a fix in a timely manner. Not expect someone else to do your job for you.

Been playing since Sims 1, and I know I don't have a Million post count like a fanboy or fangirl. Still enough is enough, maybe if the Guru's had to each give up a day's pay, and give it to the Modder that fixes their code that would fix the issue of laziness. I don't care what anyone says, it is Laziness on their part. That is coming from someone that has a advanced degree in programming. Build it, test the hell out of it, beta the hell out of it, then when it is ready to go live you release it. Not "OH well someone else will fix it for us."
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I personally agree with what the OP is trying to get at. They put out the base game, it's broken. They might MIGHT fix it in a patch, that is if a Modder doesn't fix it for them. (Pure and I mean PURE sloppy coding and laziness on the Sims Team's Part). Just so a month or two later they break it again in another game pack, stuff pack, or expansion. Take the latest update for example, they put out Island Living and break vampires with just one, Just ONE line of code. Do they fix it? No. They are to busy working on something else to fix it, and why would they? A modder fixed it, so they figure "why bother." So in short, they expect us to buy something that ships broken, might get fixed, gets broken again, might get fixed again, if someone else fixes it for them they just don't bother. Can anyone and I mean Anyone else think of a product or service that you would even think of using, or buying. If you knew that it would remain broken or messed up? Would you buy your current cellphone if you knew the company would just give you a broken product, or o a update that would break it? Just to turn around and shrug their shoulders because someone else would fix it for them?

The only way that a business relationship works is they expect us to buy their products. As consumers of said product we ALL have the right to expect a product that is working properly, or is/will be fixed in a timely manner. Beta Testing is there for a reason, to see what the bugs are, break the plum out of stuff. Then fix it, or start working on a fix in a timely manner. Not expect someone else to do your job for you.

Been playing since Sims 1, and I know I don't have a Million post count like a fanboy or fangirl. Still enough is enough, maybe if the Guru's had to each give up a day's pay, and give it to the Modder that fixes their code that would fix the issue of laziness. I don't care what anyone says, it is Laziness on their part. That is coming from someone that has a advanced degree in programming. Build it, test the hell out of it, beta the hell out of it, then when it is ready to go live you release it. Not "OH well someone else will fix it for us."

Amen.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Thanks @Tiarella, Yes, I'm pretty sure it's the actual setting the table that is doing it for me, but just couldn't say 100%. I just always have a kid set the table before a meal and they all come sit at it (except toddlers who can't of course.) Hopefully you'll find the same thing :)

I believe that setting the table will push sims to use it before a table that isn’t set. I’ve experienced this awhile ago when sims were going outside to eat in the rain because the outside table had place settings (thanks goodie two-shoes kid that I tried to make evil) and the indoor one did not. For awhile my Sims were just obsessed with setting the table, any, and every table they could.
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member

The only way that a business relationship works is they expect us to buy their products. As consumers of said product we ALL have the right to expect a product that is working properly, or is/will be fixed in a timely manner. Beta Testing is there for a reason, to see what the bugs are, break the plum out of stuff. Then fix it, or start working on a fix in a timely manner. Not expect someone else to do your job for you.

100% agreed! That‘s what I‘ve been thinking for the longest. We have too many GREAT modders out there whom fix their bugs for the players and even add or readd what EA didn’t add or took. They do know that. So they just take their time and rather scrolling Twitter.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “