Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WE NEED AN URGENT GAME PATCH!

Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
edited June 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
After the recent patch we get a lot of bugs that need to be fixed! Off the rid objects that don't work are not the only issue but they are taking the spotlight recently.

First and probably the worst of them is that the option to show user interface in picture capture is totally broken! I changed the settings and even with the option selected the UI continues not appearing in the pictures!

Theres some objects that just duplicated in catalog (they are all clutter). One of its swathes is appering as a separate object from the others. This objects are the little globe, the little sculpture from the chinese update, the butterflies picture frame and the red roses (why this isn't in plants category is another question...)

Sulani have the option to make rental lots but is probably a bug since appears twice and none of them works.

Theres also a lot of bugs related to the last pack that need to be fixed, a lot related to swimming and lounge chairs.

Now this is just a little request: I was happy when I saw you liberated base game public bathrooms. Since City Living, Cats and Dogs, Island Living are liberated to Im requesting the ones from Get Together, Outdoor Retreat and Jungle Adventure that still part of debug! Theres also three Get To Work objects that are only appearing in commercial lots catalogue (A shelve, a floor sign and a wall sign)

I hope you can fix all the problems tho. Thank you!
Post edited by Renato10 on

Comments

• WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    There's nothing particularly game breaking that I've seen, so they'll probably get fixed when they get fixed. Nothing urgent about it.
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    There's nothing particularly game breaking that I've seen, so they'll probably get fixed when they get fixed. Nothing urgent about it.

People walking above water, mermaids swimming outside the water, weird glitches when sims are trying to sit in lounge chairs. I am seing a lot of problems with my game.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Oh, I'm not saying there aren't issues. There are always issues.
  • MissSpiffeyMissSpiffey Posts: 212 Member
    edited June 2019
    The things they need to focus on are QOL changes to Island Living that don't make sense....specifically Off The Grid related issues. The biggest glaring issue is the cooking one. It makes sense that you can't cook just anything per usual, seeing as how groceries are automatic in this game from the fridge assuming you have electricity. However, it doesn't make sense that you can't use Gas Burning stoves to cook more than 2 recipes if you have more ingredients on hand. I can't even make fresh fish tacos on my gas burning stove! This situation SHOULD lend itself ideally to gardening, which is why I made a garden and started storing veggies in the antique fridge. They need to make an Ice Box ( also maybe the Antique fridge) that works Off the Grid in tandem with the gas-burning stoves. They also should update the coolers in the game so that you can stash food items in them, such as fish, especially if they don't intend fridges to work as ice boxes off the grid. It could be too much to suggest, but having Ice Vendors in the game could make sense to add if they don't want us using fridges, but bottom line is that the current setup is just plain nonsensical and makes a true Off the Grid option technically unfinished until they round it out with QOL updates like I've suggested.

The rest of the off the grid problems have reasonable solutions. Cooking is a big problem right now.
    Gallery: #ItzSpiffy - I make custom NoCC Wall Art for the game using only my sim's camera and in-game scenery! I also love building modern mansions among other things.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Those are not major bugs though. In the past, the blurry screenshots bug was the most game-breaking for me and they held off quite long to fix that one. Don't think they'll fix any of those before the next patch...
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I heard a lot of complain about people stealing foods and strangers making themselves comfortable in player's house like sleeping (by stealing their bed), eating, taking trash and watching tv cannot be asked to leave.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2019
    Renato10 wrote: »
    After the recent patch we get a lot of bugs that need to be fixed! Off the rid objects that don't work are not the only issue but they are taking the spotlight recently.

First and probably the worst of them is that the option to show user interface in picture capture is totally broken! I changed the settings and even with the option selected the UI continues not appearing in the pictures!

Theres some objects that just duplicated in catalog (they are all clutter). One of its swathes is appering as a separate object from the others. This objects are the little globe, the little sculpture from the chinese update, the butterflies picture frame and the red roses (why this isn't in plants category is another question...)

Sulani have the option to make rental lots but is probably a bug since appears twice and none of them works.

Theres also a lot of bugs related to the last pack that need to be fixed, a lot related to swimming and lounge chairs.

Now this is just a little request: I was happy when I saw you liberated base game public bathrooms. Since City Living, Cats and Dogs, Island Living are liberated to Im requesting the ones from Get Together, Outdoor Retreat and Jungle Adventure that still part of debug! Theres also three Get To Work objects that are only appearing in commercial lots catalogue (A shelve, a floor sign and a wall sign)

odd - i do not see any programming for this world to make rental lots. All I see is the ability to own a house period. Where are you seeing the ability to make rental lots in Sulani in the programming data. Rental are only available in vacation destinations for houses and for apartments just the CL world - period. Are you sure it is not just wish ful thinking as technically this world does not meet the requirements for rentals of any kind in the game.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited June 2019
    I’d say the worst thing is that genetics are broken for mermaids - born in game kids do not at all resemble their parents if one parent is a mermaid (or if both parents are mermaids). This needs fixed ASAP.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-IL-Mermaid-genetics-dont-work/td-p/7965782
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I’d say the worst thing is that genetics are broken for mermaids - born in game kids do not at all resemble their parents if one parent is a mermaid (or if both parents are mermaids). This needs fixed ASAP.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-IL-Mermaid-genetics-dont-work/td-p/7965782

Yep - genetics are seriously lacking in the programming looks like.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    I also have a rental lot type in Sulani and it doesn't work either.

Writin_Reg wrote: »

odd - i do not see any programming for this world to make rental lots. All I see is the ability to own a house period. Where are you seeing the ability to make rental lots in Sulani in the programming data. Rental are only available in vacation destinations for houses and for apartments just the CL world - period. Are you sure it is not just wish ful thinking as technically this world does not meet the requirements for rentals of any kind in the game.

• twilight1028twilight1028 Posts: 4 New Member
    I just wish I had mermaids...I downloaded the expansion pack at midnight on friday and I have yet to see one mermaid and I dont have any mermaidic kelp in my satisfaction rewards and since you cant just uninstall a pack I had to uninstall the entire game so heres to hoping it actually downloads right for me this time!
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I just wish I had mermaids...I downloaded the expansion pack at midnight on friday and I have yet to see one mermaid and I dont have any mermaidic kelp in my satisfaction rewards and since you cant just uninstall a pack I had to uninstall the entire game so heres to hoping it actually downloads right for me this time!

I think you can uninstall EP by going to your sims 4 installation folder, usually in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4
    and delete the EP07 folder, and force redownload by repairing the game via origin client.

ihavemultiplegamertags
  • MarvinKoshMarvinKosh Posts: 20 Member
    I knew just from the release schedule that the expansion was going to have problems. I even tweeted SimGuruLyndsay asking her to consider that people are going to want content which has few to no problems because of existing bugs in already existing expansions.

You know, there exists a program for people to test this content before release, and having a lot more testers would probably help the development team get ahead of problems... instead of seemingly being blindsided when the game releases and the customer base at large is finding bugs on day 1.
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    Are the rental lots from a mod, perhaps? I don't have IL, but have seen plenty of posters who do have IL saying that you can't vacation in IL--& the only rental lots I know of in the game are from Outdoor Retreat, where the new world is strictly a vacation world. IL is not a vacation world.

So it sounds like a mod. :)
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    I have no mods, just cc.
    Tiarella wrote: »
    Are the rental lots from a mod, perhaps? I don't have IL, but have seen plenty of posters who do have IL saying that you can't vacation in IL--& the only rental lots I know of in the game are from Outdoor Retreat, where the new world is strictly a vacation world. IL is not a vacation world.

• Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I agree. We need something soon. And I hope it doesn't end up breaking updated mods or the fixes included in the pre-ep update. Two-thirds of my game-fixing mods were broken by that update, so I am not very happy about the new bugs that have cropped up on top of losing mods I have been relying on since Seasons was released that take care of all the unfixed bugs from past packs. I had to resort to using several mods just to play Dine Out in a way that made sense and now that's impossible because the update borked those. And Simmers are now reporting a new problem where random Sims are stealing plates of food from restaurant patrons? I have been waiting for over a week for some of the key mods I use to be updated. I refuse to play the game without them because some things are just too irritating and useless to put up with. None of these mods change anything other than bugs that have been happening since Sims4 was released. When the game does not do what it was intended to do, and the devs break so many of their own fixes, we have a big problem. If not for some of these mods, I wouldn't be playing, or buying new content. Something has to change or I won't be buying new packs in the future. Fix the game, please.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    The only real bugs I have experienced that needs to be fixed as it is actually affecting the game play is broken vampires. Biting some occult sims where there shouldn't be an option to transform due to no hybrids and sims are now stuck in that phase before transitioning into vampires and has been that way for awhile now, can't preform dark mediation or use the control emotion ability, etc...

I thought they would of made an emergency patch to fix vampires at least.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    jooxis wrote: »
    Those are not major bugs though. In the past, the blurry screenshots bug was the most game-breaking for me and they held off quite long to fix that one. Don't think they'll fix any of those before the next patch...

We all have different priorities. Neighbors being too friendly, so much so that my Sim comes home from work and finds one or two in the house reading or using the computer (basically my only two entertainment options). Or going to a restaurant and a Sim grabbing my food plate and walking away with it -- my Sim lost her veggie burger and had to order a piece of apple pie to complete her hunger bar. I don't want to send my Sims out to restaurants until it's fixed. It doesn't make the entire game unplayable, just that portion. (I'll skip the clueless neighbors who brought my vegetarian Sim Kalua Pork...)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • SimChiSimChi Posts: 143 Member
    MarvinKosh wrote: »
    I knew just from the release schedule that the expansion was going to have problems. I even tweeted SimGuruLyndsay asking her to consider that people are going to want content which has few to no problems because of existing bugs in already existing expansions.

You know, there exists a program for people to test this content before release, and having a lot more testers would probably help the development team get ahead of problems... instead of seemingly being blindsided when the game releases and the customer base at large is finding bugs on day 1.

Yep.. Basically EA/Maxis found a way to make money from Beta Testers- that is what people are doing (one need only look at the bug reports, and technical issues reports on the site). It's great that we like the game, and want to see it actualize (properly), but kinda shady that they've done this. It would have been nice to see them not charge players for Beta Testing, and we all know they needed the money (?)..
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited June 2019
    Lania St Taz is just a mess. I have endless looping for sims at the sand simoleon beach. I have seen reports of the 50X50 lot being a mess everything from the see through floors disappearing to random sims walking through the house.

Toddlers are a MESS. They are getting stuck in an endless loops when they play with toys. I literally cannot play my household with toddlers at the moment because I am constantly resetting.

Restaurants seem borked. I literally have sims not eating their food all the time only drinking the drink.

Some are saying they cannot see rental lots in sulani but I was building today and noticed it was there. I was going to ask if anyone tried to use it. Anyways, I am not sure if that is a true issue or not because basemental added gangs which included a change with the venue list. I want to make sure it is not his mod adding it to the list before reporting it on the AQ.

Genetics broken for mermaids at least is what I am hearing.

I feel like these issues, except the unverified venue list warrant an emergency patch. These issues are pretty game breaking especially with the endless loops. missing floors, etc.
    Post edited by keekee53 on
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    Tiarella wrote: »

I have 0 mods and this type of lots are appearing TWICE in a row when I open the list to change lot type in Sulani water lots. I think is a bug!
  • Itskristabro3Itskristabro3 Posts: 8 New Member
    I am having a huge problem with sims coming inside my house and doing anything they want! It could be 2 AM and neighbors are coming in and eating my food, using my shower, sleeping in my beds, etc. and it will NOT let me ask them to leave. It's very frustrating. However, I was able to fix this to lock the door for all sims except household. Since then I have not had a random sim come in!
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited June 2019
    I haven't got many issues, but as usual when I install an expansion pack, the restaurants are severely broken. My sims order their food, they start to eat, and all of the sudden somebody else in the restaurant comes by and takes their food and eats it. Likewise are my sims able to go to their tables and take their food and eat it. I sincerely hope this bug will be fixed ASAP. I use the restaurants a lot. My sims love to go out eating, but NOT to go out and remain hungry!
    OtfnzXA.jpg

I also have a toddler who played with a toy, and then it got stuck to her hand, so she couldn't eat.
    Post edited by Simsister2004 on
  • kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    Those are not game breaking bugs but they are really quite annoying .
    Especially sims can not clean dishes on the round table. They can only do it one by one.
    There are so many beautiful round tables in the game.
    It’s a shame that we can’t use them just because an annoying glitch.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

There is when you're playing a household of toddlers who can't put toys or food down. It's really annoying having to reset the Sim after every action. I'm doing a hundred baby challenge and my toddler's keep getting close to being taken away because they can't eat because there's other things stuck to their hands. They walk around with empty plates and can't play, can't eat, can't look at books, can't get into bed excetera