The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

July Patch Speculation 2019 (Coming July 16th) (Now Released)

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member
Normally I'd wait till close to a new month but I want the gurus to see this so maybe they have time to implement these fixes.

This is what I'm hoping to see fixed.

From the June Update

Broken lighthouse woohoo Sims can no longer woohoo in the lighthouse

Lots breaking and changing eg a residential lot may change to a bar.

Error code 13 which won't let you load or save.

Not being able to take UI pics when UI is on.

Sims stealing food at restaurants

Beds breaking so sims keep waking up.

Island Living
Various bugs
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• SparklyBeccaSparklyBecca Posts: 106 Member
    One of my Sims has seemed to have developed a chill from swimming, even when he hasn't been swimming. Both of my Sims were in the house, the thermostat was on warmer as it was cooler and my Sim turned blue. His wife was fine, even though she'd been swimming. He however had a chill from swimming, even though he hadn't been.

I've noticed a few other people have been getting this. It doesn't seem to bother him that much though, and tends to get overridden if he's happier about lots of other things. Just weird to see him going blue off and on quite randomly.
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    I hope they fix the bugs for Mac users. Those weird shadows sims cast and the skin details bug in CAS. (And pretty much everything you said!)
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2019
    Normally I'd wait till close to a new month but I want the gurus to see this so maybe they have time to implement these fixes.

From the June Update

Island Living
    Various bugs

Seashells overlapping

No vampire dark meditation

Mermaids not being able to use the Spa Day items and interactions

No mermaid transformation

No multitasking while lounging

All need to be fixed/added as well.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    Mostly what everyone has said but I really hope they fix the glitch that makes the floor disappear on stilted foundations from certain angles.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    There's still the sack lunches causing an error when sims eat them at work or school. It's been there since last year and it hasn't been fixed. I think Parenthood will always have at least one bug at any given point, because before this we had the disappearing table settings and the removed pajama pants. :(
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Sims randomly getting the overheating moodlet and notification despite being in their hot weather clothes.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Inventory objects vanishing/deleted... not seen that reported but my mersim lost so much stuff! Not sure what is causing it either but I think it may have to do with the Conservationist career??
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

From the June Update

Island Living
    Various bugs

Seashells overlapping

No vampire dark meditation

Mermaids not being able to use the Spa Day items and interactions

No mermaid transformation

No multitasking while lounging

All need to be fixed/added as well.

Agreed.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Personally, my top priority is the Toddler "sticky hands" glitch where, after picking up a toy, tablet or book, they are unable to be bathed, fed or to potty.

But I imagine that bug fixes are ongoing. We'll get a patch, but it will be the ones they are able to solve. None are intended, so even figuring out the why of a bug is tricky. Making it work without breaking something else is often more difficult than what looks from our end like a "simple fix", and I am in no position to begin to guess which are going to be the difficult ones.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Toddlers are broken. They're not sleeping or eating. Their needs seem to decay faster and most interactions given are cancelled. Others have said it's bcuz they're getting objects stuck in their hands.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I just want my vampires fixed so I can play them again. That is the only issue I am having. My toddlers and eating and sleeping, so I don't have that problem.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    The toddler bug is something I need fixed ASAP.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Has there been any confirmation we will even get a patch in July? We don’t get patches on a reliable schedule anymore so this thread might be jumping the gun a little bit.
  • CIASimtridgeCIASimtridge Posts: 31 Member
    AphoticLee wrote: »
    Toddlers are broken. They're not sleeping or eating. Their needs seem to decay faster and most interactions given are cancelled. Others have said it's bcuz they're getting objects stuck in their hands.
    this is so frustrating to me! I have found that resetting the object in the hand of the toddler helps. I was getting so annoyed at my toddler sleeping for a second and waking up even more angry about being tired but eventually got rid of anything they could have in their hands (food, toys)
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Beds are breaking? I haven’t had this but what’s going on with that? I’m intrigued
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Since many of us are having game-breaking issues, EA would be smart to release at least a small hot fix patch before too much longer. Must we constantly be forced to rely on mods to solve the issues? I'm still waiting for twenty nine mods to be updated, and adding more just isn't part of my plan. Oh wait, this is EA we're talking about. They'll drag this out as long as they can before making any attempt to resolve the problems. How long did we wait for the stinky leaf piles to be fixed? Yep, I see more mods in my future. So not cool. :s
  • EchovaEchova Posts: 144 Member
    This game has become unplayable for me. All my mods/cc are updated and do not conflict. The ones that did? I got rid of them, cleared my cache and repaired my game before loading again. When I did load I saved so I had a new save file. And yet I have:

1. Broken toddlers (sticky hands).
    2. Missing inventory items.
    3. Mermaid tails bugging out and showing floppy feet.
    4. Sim will get stuck doing things but won’t actually do them. When I go to reset them they’re stuck in a T-pose until I exit the lot and reload it.
    5. The vet clinic is broken. I go to sign my pet in and the vet sees them....only to stand there and stare. Nothing happens. My pets have been sick ever since. The vets also run outside to shower naked instead of doing their jobs. That’s always nice :^)
    6. I can’t have kava parties as no where I place the kava bowl is ok for my sim to get to. I’ve tried resetting /everything/.
    7. Sinks don’t work, nor do dishwashers. Instead my sim places plates in the bin and trash on the firepit?
    8. Lots with the volcanic trait will get volcanic rocks falling from the sky onto the lot only to be stuck and not able to be accessed. The sim complains of a routing issue.
    9. My mermaid had full hydration but still suffered the dry scales debuff.
    10. Pets are picking up the pet bowls when hungry only for them to disappear (the bowls).
    11. Food is being stolen at restaurants.
    12. Sims can no longer multitask and will stand when eating and will ignore commands to sit until they finish their meals.
    13. I’m constantly getting upgrade parts appearing all over the floor for no reason.

Do I think they’ll fix these bugs? Probably not.
  • silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    Omg the vampires. My main sim is one, and the dark meditation and the no back float are driving me up the wall. Also the toddler bugs - was going to add one to the family, but after seeing/hearing the horror stories, I'm going to wait.

I also would like:

- Fixes for 'off-the-grid-looking-but-not-actually-off-the-grid' items such as the laundry day tub, the citronella candle (backyard stuff?) and other things.

-Also, changing up the tepid moodlet from showering off grid would be nice. I have some rellies who have tank water, and while you do need to save water (aussie droughts haha), it's generally fine to shower with. A nice 'saved the planet' moodlet, would work well for child of the ocean sims.

- More swatches, counters pleeeease (I know they're hard to make, but building a matching kitchen even with most of the packs is a nightmare, and the counters we got with IL, while appreciated, only suit 'luxury' style). Also some more 'off grid' toilet swatches (again, the IL ones are 'luxury')

- Improved emotions (haha not likely, but I can still dream about it right?)

- and finally swimmable oceans in other worlds.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited June 2019
    I saw sims being stucked while swimming against stitlt... Generally I don't expect it to be a big bug fixes.
    Oh and can we please have a ''roof'' above stilt? Cause it's a little bit weird to have a terrace where you look at it from the water but there's nothing, just floating objects.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I doubt there will be a patch in july no matter how many game breaking bugs are introducted looking back at the previous months, we only got patch bi-monthly now.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    I doubt there will be a patch in july no matter how many game breaking bugs are introducted looking back at the previous months, we only got patch bi-monthly now.

I think they'll fix the toddlers pretty quickly - that's a big one. I'm expecting a hotfix, actually.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    And why can't the fan stop in a smoother way? Cause for the moment it's a little bit brutal and unrealistic when you click ''stop''.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    The main glitch I noticed was the restaurant people took food my sim ordered. My guest was glitching out so no one can move until I could find a way to reset her I was like nope this restaurant is bad.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    my sims keep eating spoiled food
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member
    Has there been any confirmation we will even get a patch in July? We don’t get patches on a reliable schedule anymore so this thread might be jumping the gun a little bit.

No I'm just putting this up just in case.