Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's with the beds ??????

Here we go again.....really cool bed with newest pack but the energy, distress, and comfort suck, they don't all have to be really high but one would be nice !!!

Comments

• floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    You'd think a bed made for a tropical paradise-like world that looks as nice and fancy as the one they gave us would be uber comfortable.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    Wait until someone rips them apart. Then you can use the frame with a very comfortable cc mattress.
  • AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    Beds mostly sucking combined with our inability to upgrade them is why I eventually resorted to a 'all beds give the same comfort/energy' mod. I've played the game long enough that getting a high tier bed isn't a challenge so I don't feel bad about it. I was just tired of never being able to use the beds that match my decor without my sims (some of who are very well off) suffering.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    I just give my sims the seldom sleepy reward.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    @Akil That's an awesome mod. It makes it so much easier to decorate bedrooms without worrying about the stats. I find it very odd when expensive beds aren't maxed out at 10 for comfort and stress relief.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Why am I the only one who doesn't like the beds to have high stats? :D

If my sims have high end beds they end up waking at like 3 or 4 am but then are tired too early and their waking cycle is just constantly getting out of synch with normal hours.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member

If my sims have high end beds they end up waking at like 3 or 4 am but then are tired too early and their waking cycle is just constantly getting out of synch with normal hours.

I wouldn't mind if I didn't get that uncomfortable moodlet. Honestly, they should give us a range each pack...a cheap one, mid range and top end. It does get old when you don't have choices and you are stuck using the same high stat bed over and over.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member

I'm the same, even my rich sims don't have the high end beds, it just doesn't work with my gameplay.

Even the uncomfortable moodlet I like, because it adds variety. You don't always wake up peachy and well rested.
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    This is something I wish we could fix. I would like a way to upgrade mattresses in the game. Then players could have it both ways. I know there is a mod but I would like to see this added to the game itself.
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 454 Member
    Akil wrote: »
    Beds mostly sucking combined with our inability to upgrade them is why I eventually resorted to a 'all beds give the same comfort/energy' mod. I've played the game long enough that getting a high tier bed isn't a challenge so I don't feel bad about it. I was just tired of never being able to use the beds that match my decor without my sims (some of who are very well off) suffering.

@Akil Oh, wow! Which mod is that?
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    Its extremely rare that I use the expensive 10 energy beds, when I have sims that actually sleep. I use anything above 4-5 that fits the rest of the furniture and decor. I'm quite happy if my sims sleep all night, instead of waking up in the middle of it, like elanorbreton said. Can't say they ever wake up uncomfortable either. At least not that I've noticed. Of course, using the cheapest beds, which ARE uncomfortable, the sims will be also. I just don't like how they look, they're too plain
  • TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    I do like the idea of having three different mattresses and having the ability to mix and match your bed. I use mods to achieve both, but it should be implemented into the game.
  • SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    Same w/the other new furniture -- pretty low levels of comfort overall. Why give us new furniture when using it will not create a comfortable place for our sims to sit and relax? So tiring and redundant.
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Mine have beds with at least an 8 and the 'seldom sleepy' trait, and I put them to bed at two and wake them at five. Works fine, they never get tired during the day. With the low-rated beds, all they do is sleep, and they've got things to do.

We've hardly got any decent beds at all, and I don't like using mods. I just want one single bed bed aside from the Cordelia bed with better than a 5 rating...just one. I don't mind using a 5 for my Sim kids, since it's more realistic for kids to need more sleep, but the double beds are hard to fit in the second bedroom, so my teens are always stuck with the Cordelia bed. And anything less than a 5 is pretty worthless - they'd never get enough sleep.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

I'm with you on this. But I do have the UI Cheats Extension mod that lets me click off annoying moodlets :D
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I prefer beds with an energy rating of 4 or 6. Sims go to bed about 11 and get up at 6-7.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    That is annoying !! I was wondering why they don't sleep at night, why didn't I think of that ??

• RaevynRaevyn Posts: 428 Member
    I've got a great idea. I was just thinking "too bad we can't upgrade our bed (like toilet, sink etc). Then it just occurred to me. Every bed should have a option to "replace mattress " "$300 cheap mattress" "$500 mid range" "$1000 high end". This will allow our Sims to use any frame they want. And also provide good, or poor comfort/speed of recovery.

It would be fairly easy to do and implement, wouldn't require any animations at all.

Cool idea I thought.
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    I just dont like the uncomfortable moodlet, turns out I want most of my sims to be comfy....most! o:)<3
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,166 Member
    The beds need to have more of a choice of comfort ranges , Also i wish it was like sims 2 where if you were asleep at midnight then your sim slept through till 6am
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member

I see...I have the sleep all night mod LOL I don't experience this. My biggest issue I think is the moodlet ugh.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I find the ideal comfort level really is around 6. 4 is... hard to do if you try to raise a skill or seduce someone and it's suddenly 2 am...
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    ???? You just keep your Sims up later so that they're waking at a normal hour. They can do things instead of sleeping twelve hours a day.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    I'm bad. I select the bed to match the decor I'm going for then use cheats to make happy.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/