Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Living is a Great Disappointment (Sort of a Rant)

Comments

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited July 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed that even in the new recipes they cheapened out in this EP?

Literally the white cake and coconut cake use the same plum model/texture. WTH

BV3PZ0O.png

o5uqeW0.png

KXNLNm7.png

It's the exact same recipe except one uses coconuts as a possible requirement, (it's not even mandatory). lmao

Though, Sugar Free Carob Coconut Cake uses different model than white cake, if they had to reuse the same model, why didnt they use this one instead?
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    izecson wrote: »

BV3PZ0O.png

o5uqeW0.png

KXNLNm7.png

It's the exact same recipe except one uses coconuts as a possible requirement, (it's not even mandatory). lmao

Though, Sugar Free Carob Coconut Cake uses different model than white cake, if they had to reuse the same model, why didnt they use this one instead?

Because that recipe is exclusive to Spa Day.... Still, this is an EP...are you telling me they couldn't afford to make a new cake mesh?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited July 2019

BV3PZ0O.png

o5uqeW0.png

KXNLNm7.png

Because that recipe is exclusive to Spa Day. Still, this is an EP...are you telling me they couldn't afford to make a new cake mesh?

Maybe because they hired expensive voice actress thats why they cant afford it lmao
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    edited July 2019

BV3PZ0O.png

o5uqeW0.png

KXNLNm7.png

Because that recipe is exclusive to Spa Day. Still, this is an EP...are you telling me they couldn't afford to make a new cake mesh?

Maybe because they hired expensive voice actress thats why they cant afford it lmao

LOOOL Probably. :D
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • DeadInsid3_plur2EDMDeadInsid3_plur2EDM Posts: 44 Member
    I have every pack besides Island living, strangerville, and the fitness stuff pack. Yes you've heard that right I have everything besides those three. When I watched Lazy Game Reviews on the Island Living even before knowing about this game I was super disappointed. He cut right to the facts no 🐸🐸🐸🐸*t. The funny part this entire time I'm thinking it is a game pack due to the lack of content. Of course there was the numerous Youtubers hyping it up but to be frank, I had this feeling they were trying way too hard to make it look so magical and captivating. I think the people who like Island living are the ones who settle. I love mermaids and the ocean, and the scenery is beautiful but its more than just looks to keep me interested. From all the research I've done it turns out I was right. This game is not worth 40 and thus while time I thought it was 20 😂😂. Anyways I do want to know should I get stramgerville instead? I heard that one sucks too. Also if anyone has any questions about all the other sp, gp, or ex, please feel free to ask. I spent so much and wish I had more opinion of others. I've been playing since the original sims and I will absolutely agree there are numerous bugs and lags so much. I also don't use any Mods or CC. Sorry for the long post please dont flag me or w.e that means 😭😭
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,183 Member
    I am so much a fence sitter but though I am enjoying the island experience I do agree on so much not being there in this ep. and can see how much gameplay has missed the mark so badly.

On another note I would like to say I so love it when @CK213 enters the room and brings his game with him. <3
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited July 2019

BV3PZ0O.png

o5uqeW0.png

KXNLNm7.png

I know; they really need to update it at least to make it look like there are coconut shavings in the icing, like coconut cakes often have.

They also should add some of the recipes from the food stands, like the Poke bowl and the fish stew, to the fridge and stove.
    edited July 2019

BV3PZ0O.png

o5uqeW0.png

KXNLNm7.png

I know; they really need to update it at least to make it look like there are coconut shavings in the icing, like coconut cakes often have.

They also should add some of the recipes from the food stands, like the Poke bowl and the fish stew, to the fridge and stove.

I seriously hope they can update this. It looks really sloppy and lazy. One more stab at the lack of depth in this pack.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    im furiously mad right now. @Cinebar just got banned. im crying. we lost another woke and brave simmer in the forums.
    y'all got bread?
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    im furiously mad right now. @Cinebar just got banned. im crying. we lost another woke and brave simmer in the forums.

That's really unfortunate. I'm sorry you're upset. But I think she was well aware she was pushing forum rules, but she just didn't care anymore. She was interesting to talk to.

But "woke and brave" is a little melodramatic. She had strong opinions for sure.
    #Team Occult
    edited July 2019

Ban is only temporary right? her forum's posts are always interesting to read tbh.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • tadeoalonso2tadeoalonso2 Posts: 35 Member
    So have any of the SimGurus addressed this or not?
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    So have any of the SimGurus addressed this or not?

no. but they said they were listening about our complaints on the new loading screen. well, they only listened cuz we are all aware anyone can fix a jpeg.
    y'all got bread?
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    wow, cinebar was banned? That's sad. It's probably a temporary ban and she'll be back soon. Even if we don't agree on some things I still enjoy the conversation. :)

Ban is only temporary right? her forum's posts are always interesting to read tbh.

Yes.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited July 2019

Yes.

Bans tend to be 24hr, a week and so on. I've had both in my ten years on the forum, Some get banned for ever though.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited July 2019

BV3PZ0O.png

o5uqeW0.png

KXNLNm7.png

I really don't mind.

those basic cakes look terrible anyway :#

http://sims4updates.net/tag/cake/

Custom ones are so much better <3
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    I like the black and white and white and black cakes (with their chic looking toppers) quite a bit; my trendy sims use those as wedding cakes instead of the boring normal one. I also like the carrot cake, the carob cake and the bundt cake (with its various toppings).

That’s why the coconut cake is such a disappointment, because they could have introduced a nice new mesh, with coconut shavings and tropical fruits or flowers on top. Such a missed opportunity! I think with longing of the lovely Monte Vista wedding cake from the TS3 store world. It is about time we had some new cakes.
    marcel21 wrote: »

BV3PZ0O.png

o5uqeW0.png

KXNLNm7.png

I really don't mind.

They look good but some wouldn't fit the game. Too realistic looking.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2019
    Nevermind
    5JZ57S6.png
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

BV3PZ0O.png

o5uqeW0.png

KXNLNm7.png

I really don't mind.

They look good but some wouldn't fit the game. Too realistic looking.

it amazes me just how good some of them look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJpaPXEeNsk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z_3ZElH5KM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e97vro2pH2Y

https://simsvip.com/2016/02/19/the-sims-4-custom-food-showcase/
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Desperately still trying to make these Mersims a bit more interesting for myself... they should've at least given a 'rock' seat for mermaids to sit on in the water and have it useable for multiple sims. For now this will have to do...
    2tkDbq8.png
    Her face is literally my face when I try to play this pack for any length of time! :'(
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    Hah! Yeah--when I was a little girl, a neighbor & I used to pretend we were mermaids. We'd pretend we were sitting on rocks near the shore, brushing our hair (a scene from Peter Pan, iirc--the book, not the movie). Mermaids in TS4 ought to be able to do that!
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited July 2019
    Ok I think I've cracked it. Not exactly how I envisioned it but it will do for now... Lot is on the gallery (listed as Mermaiden's Cove (2)) for anyone looking to make their mermaids (or Island Living in general :D ) slightly more interesting. Fully play tested with 2 sims - I uploaded a first try without making sure 2 sims could sit and talk next to each other! #makemermaidsfun #islandlivingshouldvehadunderwaterlots
    FzQAJTz.png
    V0Hcnj6.png
    PPzhoyn.png
    ZCcLmRO.png
    If you do download make sure to enter the mermaid tail on land cheat for any mersims! Enjoy :)