Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sulani Mana Trait

KscSimmerKscSimmer Posts: 126 Member
Anyone know how the trait is attained?
Post edited by KscSimmer on

Comments

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited June 2019
    I found this:

Sulani Mana (Inherited Trait) This Sim is imbued with Sulani's elemental energy due to their heritage. They can increase the quality of plants as well as summon Volcanic Bombs. (From Elemental Heritage)

I don't know if it has to do with the elementals, or just through generation?
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i'll try adding it onto a sim later on (got the perfect one for it, if it works like it should). i've only seen it on the island elemental sims and did indeed notice one of them summon a volcanic bomb...so i want it to work...

if it's an inherited trait, it seems you either have to give it to a living sim or bring one of the island elementals back to life to have them able to have kids
    edited June 2019
    so, i just put the sulani mana trait onto my 'evil' mermaid sim and he can now summon the lava boulders like i saw one of the ancester ghosts do. that's quite, quite nice

here's the cheat if you want to do it, and though it's called 'hidden' in the name here, it shows up under reward traits: traits.equip_trait trait_Hidden_IslandAncestor_Elemental

e7a764e46febf01ba41c0faafb5bc962.png
    there's a cooldown for the lava bomb

and they also have a 'gift of sulani' option with plants, though i haven't done anything with that yet
  • TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    Oooooh, I’m gonna try this.
  • RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member
    Your Sims can only get this trait if they have the “Child of the Island” trait because it’s a trait that the ancestors grant you for being an active part in the Island life.
    Children of the Island can do Sulanian stuffs (festivals, cleaning up, Island radio and recipe and kava party) and if their connection with the Island is high enough they will get this trait. (Only teen or up and get this reward trait)
    This trait really should have been the reward trait for the new aspiration. That aspiration is lazy and the reward is broken. You don’t forget about tenses after sleeping on a lounge chair.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    By the description I'd guess that a sim needs to have a kid with an elemental.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    so, i just put the sulani mana trait onto my 'evil' mermaid sim and he can now summon the lava boulders like i saw one of the ancestor ghosts do. that's quite, quite nice

here's the cheat if you want to do it, and though it's called 'hidden' in the name here, it shows up under reward traits: traits.equip_trait trait_Hidden_IslandAncestor_Elemental

e7a764e46febf01ba41c0faafb5bc962.png
    there's a cooldown for the lava bomb

and they also have a 'gift of sulani' option with plants, though i haven't done anything with that yet
    Your Sim is AWESOME :+1:
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    To receive the trait without cheating your Sim has to befriend an elemental ghost and ask him to move in. He will become a human sim and his/her offsprings will inherit the trait.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited July 2019
    That is so cool! Is it possible for sims to become elemental spirits too?
    Post edited by annaliese39 on
    the elemental ghosts also reward it to a sim with the 'child of the islands' trait if they've done enough to really appease the spirits (as rexzheng said earlier). that can take quite a while, though, ensuring you've got tons of kava to offer to everybody ever (except the ghosts. they won't accept it, but get happy if your sim makes/offers it to others), attend all the island celebrations so many people hate and so on
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Oh I didn't know about this... want to try this out. I think I'll take the move in a ghost route :).
    egTcBMc.png
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    This is awesome. I love when a few of my sims have some type of power(s).
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • millers72011millers72011 Posts: 47 Member
    Hahah. I didn't read that correctly and spent a bunch of time trying to collect all of the ingredients for ambrosia! Turns out I could just ask the elemental to move in, no ambrosia necessary!
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Ohh... I had no idea about this. Lovely little detail and I am glad that it is only for descendants :)
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    edited July 2019
    That's Haych, an offspring of one of the elementals:

px13uewevt0l.png
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    Can an adult sim be gifted with this trait? I read somewhere that if your connection with the island is strong enough, the elementals can grant an already adult sim with the mana sulani trait. Has anyone accomplished this?
  • sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    edited July 2019
    Now I understand why (Donovan's Reef family) Leilani Dedham (who has the Child of the Islands trait) did not impress the Elementals when she summoned them. She's been so busy practicing piano that she hasn't had time to heal native plants or attend festivals. LOL

zYe5MO.png

sddefault.jpg#404_is_fine

hqdefault.jpg

I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • 112061112061 Posts: 273 Member
    what is an elemental?
  • sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    112061 wrote: »
    what is an elemental?

They're kind of special ghosts that can be summoned if your Sim has the Child of the Islands trait. They aren't the same as Island Spirits, which give your Sims boosts to their moodlets and needs.
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Can anybody perhaps tell me exactly which hated island parties are needed to please those elementals, as it isn't really clear to me. My sim is a conservationist that cured the entire Island, completed the Island aspiration and keeps cleaning it up. But still those pesky elementals keep telling him that he is doing good but there is room for improvement. I want HIM to get the trait (he is a Child of the Island) and not some offspring. What else is there to do?
  • jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    meeoun wrote: »
    Can an adult sim be gifted with this trait? I read somewhere that if your connection with the island is strong enough, the elementals can grant an already adult sim with the mana sulani trait. Has anyone accomplished this?

I hope that's possible. I want to know this too. :o
    @AlHollandiyah @jj_____ @meeoun just nearly a month late replying to these (oops), but adult sims can indeed be gifted with this trait, but it's not easy. a big thing that makes it so difficult is the fact that a lot of the stuff that counts for it (cleaning the island, island parties, even making/serving kava) only seem to count when the spirits are around to see it. and, of course, only sims with the 'child of the islands' trait can be judged, so without cheats, the first sim in each family tree you want to have the sulani mana trait needs to start with 'child of the islands' (unless they bring an island ancestor ghost back, but someone needs to have the islands trait so they can be summoned in the first place)

the sim i wound up getting the trait for 'the proper way', i would have 3 empty kava bowls up, have him invite a few sims over (not an actual party, or can't summon the spirits), then summon the spirits, brew up all 3 bowls of kava and start making everybody drink and toast those until they were super dazed. the spirits ate that up, but it still took ingame weeks of doing that once a day nearly every day before they decided 'hey, you did an awesome enough job, here's a reward trait'

there's probably a quicker way to do it than the kava bowls, but again, things only seem to count for the spirits if done while the spirits are around, which slows things down quite a bit. it could be quicker to have multiple 'child of the islands' sims in one household, though i haven't checked if they share a summoning cooldown or not
  • AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    @kalaksed Whoa, that is super helpful. Thanks a lot. I think I'm going with a cheat, lol. There is a fine line between 'legit' and 'workable' that this whole explanation crosses big time!
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    @kalaksed Oh wow! Thank you very much. I will try this out tonight.
  • jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    @kalaksed Better late than never in this case. Thank you so much for this!