Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ocean swimming doesn't contribute to weight loss?

Bert1701Bert1701 Posts: 159 Member
I just wanted to canvass for opinions before I posted as a bug to make sure I don't waste any time for the devs. My Sim lives in Sulani and does a LOT of swimming but keeps gaining weight. She has been eating rather well thanks to fishing and neighbors bringing food, but I expected all the swimming would counteract this, however she's more of a voluptuous Vixen than the svelte sim I expected the swimming would result in. Has she just been eating too well, or has anyone else found that ocean swimming alone isn't curbing weight gain?

UPDATE: I've played a little more and my Sim did finally drop some pounds! Although I had to supplement her swimming with a bit of jogging to make it happen but it can't have been the jogging alone that did it.
So I think maybe it does contribute to weight loss, just maybe not as much as I expected. I guess maybe she was just enjoying all that fish a bit too much, plus a couple of grand meals over Winter Holiday. I'm going to put her on a yoga programme to get a bit of muscle so she looks more like someone who spends their day doing physical work and I think she'll be there!
Post edited by Bert1701 on

Comments

• Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    My sim also lives in Sulani, and of course he swims a lot. I can't say I've noticed him losing weight from all that activity. He's pretty much stayed the way I created him. I've had a couple of grand-meal-holidays, but haven't let him eat all that much. Usually he cooks the fish he catches, or grab a quick meal. Other than swimming, he's also using the sparring dummy (LOVE that thing!) and doing a lil bit of yoga. But yeah, I'm really not sure swimming contributes to weight loss at all, which it really should.

I've only had the neighbours come by with food once, my sim isn't home much. He's usually been out fishing and cleaning up Mua Pel'am (its fully restored now, so guess there won't be any more trash to clean up). Also exploring the cave, in hopes of getting the kelp :# no luck so far.
  • Options
    aabroadyaabroady Posts: 59 Member
    My Sim is a mermaid that lives in Sulani and she swims A LOT and has a decent fitness level because of it. She also eats well, including when extra food is brought over, but her weight and figure appear to be the same as when I made her, which I'm okay with. I'd be less okay if I had a Sim I was trying to get into better shape and nothing was happening despite all the swimming.
    tumblr_inline_pthe8zHeJT1rorsjo_1280.png
    Gallery ID: aabroady
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    My sim is a mermaid with the child of the ocean trait, so the only exercise she gets is swimming and she hasn't gained any weight (and she would eat whatever is available or in the mood for) and maxed out her fitness skill quicker than any sim I ever had. I have to go into CAS to see how much muscles and weight she has.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    On a related note, I've noticed that snorkeling does not increase fun AT ALL. I've had my sims snorkel for hours, and it literally just drives their fun levels down into the red. Why on earth would snorkeling not be fun?

It's interesting, I feel like this pack is a 10/10 for the artwork... the location is stunning, as are the CAS updates and the new build/buy items. For that reason alone, I would recommend that people buy the pack (although if I had it to do over, I would have waited for a sale).

Even the gameplay options are, in theory, decent, though I would call them more like 7 or 8 out of 10, IF they worked. But so many of them don't. And I don't mean in totally normal, to-be-expected sense that there are early bugs... I've been playing games long enough to know that there's no point in being anxious about that. Bugs get fixed. This is more like... things they never even anticipated. Things that just don't work in an even remotely logical way.

And that's before we even get to the epic fail of the new lot and personality traits.
  • Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    Do you have any mods? All of my sims have lost an insane amount of weight swimming!!! They've got zero fat on them! They look weird!
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Thank god if it's true because I want fat mermen.
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    Kamio wrote: »
    Do you have any mods? All of my sims have lost an insane amount of weight swimming!!! They've got zero fat on them! They look weird!

How long did it take for them to lose weight? My active sim gained some weight even tho he swims and exercise almost every day, he only didnt exercise for two days but never over eat, mostly eating salad too, I had to cheat and go into cas to change his body it was annoying..I don't have mods except MCCC and no censor that I recently installed (it happened before installing it so..)