Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

the annoyance that is weather/holiday talk

It might not be that important to many but i am really getting annoyed by this unknown need for sims to spam those stupid weather related socials. is is REALLY necessary to complain about the Sunny weather 5 times in a row????! and the holidays are even worse -.- i already pretty much cancel out any holidays on the calendar because well...they are just boring checklist things to begin with except for the Christmas day, i'll give them that. but really….if left active sims will do nothing but complain or sing about this stupid random holiday!!

Dates are also a nightmare because of this because the autonomy keeps ruining the mood by forcing my sims to spam those stupid seasons socials everytime the conversation is going somewhere causing me to have to build the mood all over again! and i already had 3 proposals fail because the game rushed in ...yup...complain about love day >.< i am on the verge of uninstalling seasons JUST because of this! i am THAT annoyed by those stupid lame weather socials! who the F cares about the ffing weather when on a romantic date??? i certainly wouldn't and i would get quite annoyed if i had a date with someone and that person would not shut up about the weather...who cares!!!

Comments

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited June 2019
    I just ignore social options that I don't like. Nobody is forcing you to use the weather socials. Nothing bad happens if you ignore them.
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    I do agree, that holidays are pretty boring and NPCS are not even anticipating in it. Like when i have a ''wear a costume day'' i want to see the town wearing costumes. The holidays are really shallow and a big flaw for me. I rather have some more customizable party events,
    over this and i miss those Seasons festivals from the Sims 3. That felt more alive.

• DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I just ignore social options that I don't like. Nobody is forcing you to use the weather socials. Nothing bad happens if you ignore them.

that's the whole thing: i never use them myself. the sims autonomy rushes those in, especially if i try to set the mood for proposals and such. and they Always set the mood back to everyday conversation causing the proposal to fail. sometimes i can just cancel out, but more than often there is nothing i can do to prevent the game forcing these in just as i had the mood right for proposals.
    PreCiious wrote: »
    i miss those Seasons festivals from the Sims 3. That felt more alive.

same here! they were fun.

TS 4 holidays are nothing more than checklists and that's it: no special parties, no ferstivities around town...just a lame checklist... and apart from new years eve and xmas i Always end up removing any other from the calendar. harvest day is just stupid in general and love day… well i pretty much stated why i dislike it: romancing is a nightmare if the sims autonomously spam complain about love day whenever i have the mood set right...

• KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    I agree with you about how holidays are done, they are just a checklist of things that don’t feel very festive to do, they feel forced.

But I have never had sims spam complain about weather or any other weather related social.
    edited June 2019
    I agree with you about how holidays are done, they are just a checklist of things that don’t feel very festive to do, they feel forced.

But I have never had sims spam complain about weather or any other weather related social.

right? altho the Christmas one is kind of ok imo and the new years eve one can be fun too, but all the others are just lame and to have them sing Christmas songs for some lame day where you have to talk like a pirate -.- poorly designed if you ask me... at least use a sims version of a pirate's life for me for that day, that would actually make sense and even be amusing! but they sing xmas songs all day during every single holiday if they are nort complaining about it that is.

count yourself Lucky then… just had another date gone awkward because my guy felt the need to complain about the Sunny weather 4 times in a row once again, and since i try to simulate reality in my games the girl got annoyed by it and told him to get lost and cry about the weather to someone else. i swear...sims autonomy is the worst! this is exactly why i never turn this on but during conversations the game still baffles me with it's stupidity >.< why even complain about good weather anyways?? why do my sims Always LOVE to complain all the time about anything possible -.- even gamers on forums don't complain as much as my sims do XD it is that ridiculous!

• drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    Holidays in general are pretty annoying. You either do the tasks or get a negative moodlet. Even just cancelling the holiday gives you a negative moodlet. Not a fan of that type of forced feature.
    edited June 2019
    Holidays in general are pretty annoying. You either do the tasks or get a negative moodlet. Even just cancelling the holiday gives you a negative moodlet. Not a fan of that type of forced feature.

this is exactly how i think about them!! and i agree with you that forced features are extremely annoying… and this is a major problem i have with TS 4 in general: it is filled with forced features! just like the whole celebrity feature: ok cute we have celebs but if even one small 2 star appears the whole lot goes nuclear and everyone will do nothing but fawn over the celebs… and i don't think i nhave to say much about the dancing celebrities… think everyone's annoyed by that. and then there is the whole deal with vampires.. they show up every day knocking at my door or breaking in -.- i know my sims look tasty but this is overkill...kind of the trademark of EA: overkill!
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    don't do goaled dates then. No rush whatsoever.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
    Simpkin wrote: »

you'll have to if you want to complete the soulmate aspiration or want to do love day righjt, but this is indeed a reason why i hardly ever do the goaled dates anymore… avoiding all kinds of gameplay just because EA botches up with their tendency to go all overkill. same reason why i never visit nightclubs anymore: some celebrity will just show up and clog up everything when dancing anyways, and if i wanna dance alone i can just stay at home right?

• KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Not sure if you'll know, but you can delete the official holidays from the game or edit them. You just can't stop the sims from talking about the wheter... We hate chitty-chatting in rl, we would never love that in the game. hahaha
    Its cool to have that option? yes, but i understand that the sims will choose to complain about the weather more than anything.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »

you'll have to if you want to complete the soulmate aspiration or want to do love day righjt, but this is indeed a reason why i hardly ever do the goaled dates anymore… avoiding all kinds of gameplay just because EA botches up with their tendency to go all overkill. same reason why i never visit nightclubs anymore: some celebrity will just show up and clog up everything when dancing anyways, and if i wanna dance alone i can just stay at home right?

You can have the love day date without goals too. I'm not sure about the aspiration though as I haven't played it in a long time. Have you actually tried?
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Personally I feel that the holidays can add a lot of variety to the game, especially ones you create yourself, but at the same time you can always delete them if you don’t like them. Delete them in advance and you won’t get a sad moodlet either because you won’t have to cancel the holiday when it comes up.

I’ve never had my sims autonomously spam holiday/weather socials though? It sounds almost glitchy?
  • trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    They're really interesting and cool in theory but would be better if we had some sort of festival to attend. I like the fact that we can add our own holidays to the calendar or plan parties ahead of time (like weddings and stuff) but yeah, otherwise, there's really nothing to it. It feels empty and the content that it does have can get pretty annoying.
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • amande80amande80 Posts: 4 New Member
    I love the Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day holidays in the game. They all have a fun feel to them. The minor holidays like Neighborhood Brawl and Talk Like a Pirate Day are just annoying to me. I almost always cancel them, even if it means a few hours of a depressing buff.

I've never had Sims get stuck on the weather, though. They rarely ever seem to mention it.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I love the holidays, I try to make different types, usually geared toward the type of SIM I'm playing, if she's mean lots of fighting or air grievances, I just generally enjoy them and most of what is game generated
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    I don't really have a problem with my sim's autonomy but maybe cuz I don't leave them on for too long on their own while socializing. What are you actually doing that makes your sim choose the talk about weather option 5 times? LOL. You can't be that far gone from your sim for that long especially if it's a date.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    Excessive autonomous talking about the weather and holidays? Sounds pretty accurate to people in the real world, to me. Perhaps the implication is that ultimately, sims are just as awkward as their living counterparts. In that respect, I think it's more hilarious than anything else. Perhaps your sim should judge the quality of their date by how much they bring up the weather, and choose to continue to date them or not, accordingly.

I go back and forth on the holidays, sometimes I go all out with them, sometimes I forget and everyone is sad, and sometimes I cancel them early and everyone is sad. But then, I've had my fair share of sad holidays so it seems fitting to me in that regard, too.
    a63ftuN.png
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I keep an eye on the calendar. If one of the random holidays is coming up and it's one I don't like, I cancel it days before it starts, and my Sims don't get a negative buff from it because it never happened. I've also edited or deleted the scheduled holidays to work with my play style. ('Love Day' is the first to go in all my saves, and since Father Winter was mean to my Sim kid, he's been given the heave-ho. Can't get the Flower Bunny to show up at all, so he's gone. Gnomes were fun at first, but got tired of picking up the bloody seed packets.)

And I'm guessing the OP never lived in the UK, where there are two basic topics: the weather and everything else. My Sims seem perfectly normal in that respect.
    I just want things to match. :'(
    edited June 2019
    Monday wrote: »
    Perhaps your sim should judge the quality of their date by how much they bring up the weather, and choose to continue to date them or not, accordingly.

Morgan Fyres ahem… probabely the prettiest female premade in the game imo...yes i like her even more than Bella lol but that could be my irl love for redheads maybe… i deffo would not complain about the ffing weather if i was on a date with her lol i don't even know what's to complain when it is a pleasant Sunny day XD but sims just looove to complain in my games for some reason and their favorite subject of complaint is the weather… so much that they do it multiple times in a row even when flirty.
    i avoid autonomous flirting like the black plague because for some reason my sims Always rush flirts with those hideous pearshaped random generated freakazoids. don't get me wron: i LOVE unique sims like the Bunches in ts3... well maybe not Arlo but Lisa, Darlene and Ethan are deffo not models and yet are very interesting sims, just like the Alto parents. Holly is a stunner! yet Vita and Nick are not and generally make terrible nooboos but i like Vita's demeanor: she really looks like that evil woman she is portrayed as and Nick has that mob boss vibe… but most ts 4 random generated are not just ugly, they are plain weird and almost Always have terrible traits, but i noticed a lot in my games at least that the game seems to favor them over the premades or sims i placed in town for some reason ergo premade/custom are used as bouncers and such while those freaks pollute my town and force themselves onto my sims even tho i don't want to interact with them at all.
    And I'm guessing the OP never lived in the UK, where there are two basic topics: the weather and everything else. My Sims seem perfectly normal in that respect.

actually, i live in the Netherlands and even here people don't complain this much...and believe me i often get bored when talking to my fellow Dutchies because they do complain a lot about the weather...but mostly about rain or cold...never about a pleasant Sunny day XD and they deffo do not yap on about the rain non-stop when indoor for example >.< who cares if it's raining when you are nice and cozy indoors with a lovely person next to you….

edited June 2019
    Karon wrote: »
    Not sure if you'll know, but you can delete the official holidays from the game or edit them. You just can't stop the sims from talking about the wheter... We hate chitty-chatting in rl, we would never love that in the game. hahaha
    Its cool to have that option? yes, but i understand that the sims will choose to complain about the weather more than anything.

wow...even when on a date?? guess i lucked out then in my life hahaha because the weather was the least of my interests when i am on a date, and so far none of my dates cared either XD and it would be fine if we had that system of ts 3 where the other would get bored/annoyed if you repeated the same old interactions over and over. that would at least make sense like: "ok dude it rains so ffing what nobody cares!" :p

• BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Complain about the Weather, hmmm sounds like most conversations here in the UK.
    "Yay party! Lets Dance"
    UK. "Can't it's too hot, don't you just hate the sticky heat when it's too hot?"

"Great date, lets snuggle"
    UK. "Are you kidding, it's freezing out here in the park! What are you? Insane and don't even think about whoohoo in that bush, I'll freeze my berries off!"

"You look a bit sad, what's wrong"
    UK "Rain it's always raining and if it's not it's drizzle, you know that fine rain that you don't see, but it gets you wet all the same. Brings me right down, I wish it was sunny!"

"How are you doing?"
    UK. "Nice weather we are having!"

Seriously I live here and that's exactly how it is so one up for the Sims 4 for realism.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    Its the same in Norway where I live. We (generally) LOVE to talk and complain about the weather (we have a lot of it, OK?). Any weather, on any occasion.

Can't say the complaining isn't bothering me in game, though. I've canceled my fair share of "Complain about ....." from simmies that should have more interesting things to talk about.

The holidays aren't bothering me quite as much. I delete the ones I don't like (Prank Day comes to mind....) and edit the ones want to keep, but have goals I don't like.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Sims autonomy deserves it's own thread. I have a list of complaints that on on for days. Omaiga
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top