Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't learn Island Living recipes

I'm not sure if this intentional or a bug, but when my sim orders food from the food stall on Sulani he doesn't get the "<sim> has learned how to make..." notification like you get in San Myshuno, Brindleton Bay & Selvedorada. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

• smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    My sim has not either, but she gets a cool confident buff saying it's an Old Recipe
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    edited June 2019
    @smurfy77 hmm...didn't notice the buff. Thanks ☺
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    My sims aren't learning them either and it bothers me now that you mention it. Maybe it has something to do with the level of cooking skill?
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    My sims aren't learning them either and it bothers me now that you mention it. Maybe it has something to do with the level of cooking skill?

Not sure, my sim has maxed skill, but wasnt there something about culture? I havent noticed anything to learn that, maybe thats something
  • TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    Have you tried learning the recipe with Sims that have the island trait? Idk if that’ll work.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Maybe they are already unlocked? And not like in CL? Sims can already make Kava drinks without having to learn how to do them. I know that some stalls sell food that you can make on grills, but I have seen something like "tropical vegetable dish" and I think that's a new one.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I have only been able to cook them on the new pit that came with Island living. The in the ground one.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Once you eat them, you know them. To cook Island recipes, you need the Sulani Volcanic BBQ Searer found in Appliances>Outdoor Cooking. It took me three sim-days to figure it out.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • aud_limhingaud_limhing Posts: 53 Member
    Unless I'm wrong, the pit only allows you to cook the kalua pork and island vegetables. I thought my sim could learn how to cook poke LOL I had her eating that thing 3 times a day for days trying to figure out why she can't learn it!She has the child of the islands trait too
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    In regulara worlds I'm had sims with 0 cooking skills get the learned to make notice, so it's not skill level dependent. What is skill related is how well they make the food item in question. Sounds like one more bug/glitch in a pack that seems full of them.