Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does deleting the original Sulanians have an effect on gameplay?

I deleted all of the original inhabitants as soon as I got the game. Will that affect gameplay, or can I just replace them with new townies and Sulani life carries on as normal?

Does deleting the original Sulanians have an effect on gameplay? 5 votes

Yes - interactions change if you replace original Sulanians
0%
No - interactions will be the same as long as sims live there
80%
taydevEnkiSchmidtEgonVMSimtown15 4 votes
Other - please explain
20%
LaBlue0314 1 vote

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited June 2019
    Other - please explain
    With this pack, I'm not sure and this is why. I was reading somewhere on this forum the other day where EA did something to try to make this community more secluded from the rest of the worlds. Something I have noticed in this game, my sim live's in Sulania, and not once have I seen any walk-bys of other sims from other worlds. I ended up having to move in my sim's best friend and his family so he can stop by for a visit now. So I would suggest that if you do add your own sims, make sure you put them in homes that are in Sulania to make sure they are actually on this island.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    No - interactions will be the same as long as sims live there
    I haven't deleted the premades, but moved in a few of my sims in addition to them. Some merged with premade households, some on lots of their own. The game seems to use my own sims no different from the original locals.

As for passersby, I get a few, few enough that I can name them: Three played sims and one townie visited Sulani on their own. I'm not counting the fans here, as my celebrity sim caused a few of them to come after him. They even follow him into the water. No paparazzi so far, sadly.

Lots of new townies get generated, all appropriately tan looking (may be coincidence) and those do appear in the other worlds. (I had one as a bartender at Romance festival).