Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mermaids can drown?

BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
so i saw a random mermaid drown in a swimming pool... i’m guessing they’ll also drown in the water garden. makes me worried they may drown in the ocean too lol.

is it possible for drowning deaths to be disabled for mermaids?
Fairies & real Plantsims please!

Comments

• Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    They...drown?
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    How did a mermaid drown in a pool? Was she using the tail?

The water garden death I think is by shark?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I didn't know this. Is it because they can't get out as they cannot use ladders when still tailed and die of starvation? Shades of Sims 1!
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Simburian wrote: »
    I didn't know this. Is it because they can't get out as they cannot use ladders when still tailed and die of starvation? Shades of Sims 1!

I guess mermaids can die of starvation in pools, but they can sleep in the water so they can't die by drowning when out of energy.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I guess mermaids can die of starvation in pools, but they can sleep in the water so they can't die by drowning when out of energy.

Shouldn't skipped over the implementation of eating kelp underwater.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options

Shouldn't skipped over the implementation of eating kelp underwater.

I agree, but in pools there's no kelp to get to so they can die of hunger there.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    How did a mermaid drown in a pool? Was she using the tail?

The water garden death I think is by shark?
    yeah she had her tail. and i’m not sure, maybe it is supposed to be and just uses the drowning animations. but i’ve seen a sim die from jumping in with the sprites when get famous first came out, but maybe it was a bug? no clue if it was supposed to happen or not, i haven’t used the item in a while.
    she wasn’t in my household so i couldn’t see her motives. i just saw a mermaid drowning, but if starvation uses the same animation then maybe.

tho idk why she didn’t get out and eat, first townie i’ve seen starve themselves if that’s the case lol.

guess i’m gonna test starvation and then no energy to see what happens.
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!