Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So a kid disappeared at a party???? (Monster involved?)

So my sim's kid was having a sleepover and I saw one of the guests go upstairs to check under the bed and saw a monster and then immediately I swear he just flew under the bed and disappeared. His arms and legs got all stretched out which makes me wonder if this was a glitch but the timing and location was crazy. I can't find him, I have no idea where he could've gone. It had me kashook.

Is this a thing that can happen or an uncanny glitch?
Wearing a gas mask to flex on the coronavirus.

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited June 2019
    I've never seen it happen. Sounds a bit scary.

Is it in Sims 3 or 4?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Although it will end a party/sleepover scenario, can you not reset the guest sim child (by way of testingcheats resetsim or MasterController) to return him to a safe place? I think it's hilarious, although sometimes inconvenient to my gameplay, when children check for monsters under the bed and actually find one there but I don't think I've ever seen this happen with overnight guests.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • ARRenschARRensch Posts: 694 Member
    edited June 2019
    Karritz wrote: »
    I've never seen it happen. Sounds a bit scary.

Is it in Sims 3 or 4?

It's Sims 3. (Also, I saw the 'Cake Island' picture in your signature and totally misread it, thinking it said 'Coke Island' and I was like dang your sims must be high af-simscensorshipno)

Anyway,
    igazor wrote: »
    Although it will end a party/sleepover scenario, can you not reset the guest sim child (by way of testingcheats resetsim or MasterController) to return him to a safe place? I think it's hilarious, although sometimes inconvenient to my gameplay, when children check for monsters under the bed and actually find one there but I don't think I've ever seen this happen with overnight guests.

"Actually find them there" do you mean there's a chance they won't find one? And I'll try resetting them. The house caught fire so the party's already gone downhill, might as well end it altogether. A mercy kill, really.
    edited June 2019
    When my sim children check for monsters under the bed, the vast majority of times they don't find any so nothing happens except a look of relief on their faces and they then go to sleep. On rare occasions, they actually find one (in their imaginations of course, but we see the effects on screen) and then they are too scared to sleep in their own bed.

Or maybe the game knows I am too old to believe in under the bed monsters myself so the scenarios play out differently for me. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • ARRenschARRensch Posts: 694 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    When my sim children check for monsters under the bed, the vast majority of times nothing happens and they then go to sleep. On rare occasions, they actually find one (in their imaginations of course, but we see the effects on screen). Or maybe the game knows I am too old to believe in under the bed monsters myself so the scenario plays out differently for me. ;)

Cool, I can't think of a time when my sims haven't found a monster under the bed. Maybe when I wasn't looking, but it seems to happen pretty often.

Also another kid in the party just checked under the same bed, found a monster, and went through the floor and then the fire started (granted, I'd forgotten to put out the fireplace) so maybe my game's just cursed. That kid didn't disappear though, he just ended up on the first floor (the bed was on the second). I have no idea what's happening but at least it's eventful. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I find with my games, if there is more than one child only one of them will worry about monsters under the bed and will most likely find one just about every night.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    When my sim kids check, they find them more often than not. The funniest time was when the little girl wet herself as she ran out of the room looking for her big sister. That was the only time that ever happened. I have also once had a visitor check under the bed, when my sim's child was having a slumber party. I don't remember if they saw a monster or not.
    edited June 2019
    Hmm, now I wonder why my sim children have been so relatively unattractive to monsters then. Possibly the chance of finding one could be trait based, or maybe more expensive beds have fewer or higher quality monsters under them (yeah, that makes no sense). :/

Edit: Okay, got it (I think). The base chance of finding a monster under the bed is 60, reachable by Retuner. The base chance of then being terrified is 50, with a 20 percent chance increase for those who are Coward, Neurotic, Easily Impressed, or Supernatural Skeptic.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    My child that wet herself didn't have any of those traits. The one thing that was different that time from any other time before that was that the monster hands reached out from under the bed, instead of her just seeing glowing eyes looking back at her. I don't have children do it very often, so I don't remember whether I've ever seen the hands come out again.
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited June 2019
    The chance of a sim wetting themselves when Terrified is 0.1, the scale given in the notes is: [0,1]; multiplied by 1.25 if having the traits Coward, Excitable, Insane, Neurotic, Over-emotional, or Unlucky. I would wildly guess the multiplier is per trait. The extra added chances of behavioural tendencies does not exclude the here so called base chance; the child does not need to have those traits to still be subjected to the chance of finding monsters under the bed; be terrified if so; and wet themselves if unlucky - so to speak; not traitwise. :smile: I do not know what animations go with what; not playing children that often.