Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone able to answer some store questions?

AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
I was wondering how gift giving of istore items went? If you own the item, do you have to buy the item again to give it as a gift? Or if you gift it, do you lose the item yourself? I'm not talking about in-game gifting of elixers and such, but rather stuff purchased from the Sims 3 store. Any help would be most appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

iirc, they have to have it on their wish list for you to be able to gift it to them.

You don't loose yours, you bought it.
    You have to pay for the gift you give to give. :)

• Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    You don't lose your items, however you do have to spend simpoints to gift.
    Last I remembered it didn't have to be on the wishlist, as long as the person didn't own the item.
    However, gotta be careful nowadays there's a glitch(and I had it happen) where the receiver never receives the gift.
    Someone gifted me door of life and death and I never received it.
  • Options
    ok, so it can't be something you've already purchased then is what you're saying? Reason I'm asking is because somehow I ended up with 2 sets of the same items so I thought I'd see if I could gift one to someone. lol
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Yeah unfortunately you can't.
    You might have had that set as part of a ultimate collection set or world and then got it individually as well.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    ok, so it can't be something you've already purchased then is what you're saying? Reason I'm asking is because somehow I ended up with 2 sets of the same items so I thought I'd see if I could gift one to someone. lol

If you paid for it twice accidentally, you should contact the customer support. I had that happen to me a couple of times. At first they wanted to keep my money twice but I gave them a bit of a headache over it and eventually someone reversed the charge for the second purchase. I got my points back but the two versions of the same item stayed in my purchase history which is a bit annoying. In my case the second purchase happened at the same time as the first purchase.

With gifting though, you have to pay full price for it and I could never gift something when it was on sale. While it is on sale it loses the connection that says 'Gift this item'.

• Options
    Karritz wrote: »

If you paid for it twice accidentally, you should contact the customer support.

yep did that part, they were super helpful and gave me my points back immediately - but I still have 2 of the items (the drifter's desire set, the tennis dress and a cirque outfit x 2 ) so I thought I'd find someone to gift them to if that's how gifting worked. But of course it's not lol

Thanks for the help guys. Was hoping I'd be able to but alas, looks like not. :/