The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why have not new toilet?

Why have not we new toilet ideal for OFF Grid? WHY?!

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited June 2019
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Too much money to build a pot you slide under the bed and dump in the yard.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2019
    Use the bush. Or pee in the ocean. You choose ;)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited June 2019
    There are plenty of public bathrooms. Gee, off the grid is like...really off the grid. It's meant to be inconvenient and challenge the player. Look around. What's the point if off the grid just has its own version of everything? *rolls eyes*

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    A few toilets do work off the grid, but I wish they had had an option for a composting toilet. I mean, a septic field would be amazing and all, but that is a bit too much to ask for.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    My sim doesnt even use any of the toilets for off the grid depending if I have just the bush. There's also the public restrooms (jungle adventure one works nicely) or the wooden DIY toilet your sim can make.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    The new IL toilet and shower do work off the grid. But your sim will sometimes get a moodlet because 'showering with lukewarm water'.
  • ApocNizmithApocNizmith Posts: 13 New Member
    Wooden toilets crafted from bench still work. But wish they would have given us a outhouse.
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Lol you can literally build an outhouse??? Hello people this is the sims we are talking about!

And like someone else mentioned, off the grid living is of course gonna have different gameplay, ie use public toilets...I think they didn’t add any real off grid items, coz they already sprinkled those items in amongst all the other packs.

Tbh the off grid aspect feels kinda last minute in my opinion, or half baked at least.

Like they didn’t have enough features for actual island living and were like oh well we’ve been meaning to add off grid for a while, here ya go, now this pack is worth $40 lol!
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited June 2019
    OH man, I want a composting toilet and/or septic field that can have, well, negative results on occasion. Like a really strong "discomfort" buff for 24/48 hours unless you spend too much to have someone come out and repair.
    > @ddd994 said:
    > Lol you can literally build an outhouse??? Hello people this is the sims we are talking about!
    >
    > And like someone else mentioned, off the grid living is of course gonna have different gameplay, ie use public toilets...I think they didn’t add any real off grid items, coz they already sprinkled those items in amongst all the other packs.
    >
    > Tbh the off grid aspect feels kinda last minute in my opinion, or half baked at least.
    >
    > Like they didn’t have enough features for actual island living and were like oh well we’ve been meaning to add off grid for a while, here ya go, now this pack is worth $40 lol!

You can take a dump in a bucket in rl, find a bush, dig a latrine. The sims evidently are not smart enough to just find a bucket, or dig a hole. Limitations in the games engine coupled with highly overpriced dlc to answer this is the real problem.
    When I was 17 I participated in a month long off the grid camping trip in boy scouts. Fishes/hunted for food, as wel as scavenged for wild veggies and herbs. We also dug a latrine. This is possible in rl, not in the sims, they have to provide a toilet.
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    Save it for a farming expansion, the new off-the-grid lot trait seems to be buggy anyways
    y'all got bread?
  • IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    Reminds me of some of the stuff you have in The Sims Castaway Stories.
    Does anyone remember that game? Being on a deserted island is kinda like living off the grid, in a kind of extreme way.
    That game had outhouses, and of course you could just use the bushes and ocean. (At least that last one if your Sim could use the bathroom while standing)
    Though you could also build a water tower sort of thing to be able to enable some kind of rudimentary plumbing system and a wind-powered generator if you wanted to power electrical items.
    They had limitations, like if it went too long without raining, then the water tower would end up empty, or if there wasn't enough wind then the generator couldn't provide energy.

That kind of stuff would fit well as a combo with Seasons, since it can be rainy and windy, though... I guess that'd be like DLC for DLC, like MFPS.
    > @Iyasenu said:
    > Reminds me of some of the stuff you have in The Sims Castaway Stories.
    > Does anyone remember that game? Being on a deserted island is kinda like living off the grid, in a kind of extreme way.
    > That game had outhouses, and of course you could just use the bushes and ocean. (At least that last one if your Sim could use the bathroom while standing)
    > Though you could also build a water tower sort of thing to be able to enable some kind of rudimentary plumbing system and a wind-powered generator if you wanted to power electrical items.
    > They had limitations, like if it went too long without raining, then the water tower would end up empty, or if there wasn't enough wind then the generator couldn't provide energy.
    >
    > That kind of stuff would fit well as a combo with Seasons, since it can be rainy and windy, though... I guess that'd be like DLC for DLC, like MFPS.

Wind turbine generators store power in battery banks, not to mention you can run all electrical items via gas. I know my rl home runs on propane, satellite internet, and main heating is gas in winter or wood burning stove and fire place. We have a septic field, prior to instillation of that we used a incinerating toilet. "Off-the-grid" did so many, many things wrong. It is completely 100% feasible to exist, live and thrive without plumbing or being connected to a cities power grid. Not to mention it is far cheaper.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    ddd994 wrote: »
    Lol you can literally build an outhouse??? Hello people this is the sims we are talking about!
    Oh mood. People want to play off the grid but won't think out of the box, what's even the point ?
    Make your own gameplay, make the most of what's already in the game. I checked the lot I made last year for the challenge ami de la forêt, after the patch and the lot trait everything works the same, including the outhouse with the bucket toilet.

If you're not the tiniest bit curious, it doesn't matter how many patches we get, you'll always need the game to hold your hand.
    happyopi wrote: »
    ddd994 wrote: »
    Oh mood. People want to play off the grid but won't think out of the box, what's even the point ?
    Make your own gameplay, make the most of what's already in the game. I checked the lot I made last year for the challenge ami de la forêt, after the patch and the lot trait everything works the same, including the outhouse with the bucket toilet.

If you're not the tiniest bit curious, it doesn't matter how many patches we get, you'll always need the game to hold your hand.

Curious? Wouldn't creative work better?
    Anyways, what's the bucket toilet come from?
    Though if it works with Off The Grid, then I guess you wouldn't even need it to be an outhouse, it could just be... er, an inhouse, pfft.
    Not like the game could tell the difference.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    The way I see it, not everyone can be creative, like me i.e., I know I can't build houses, it's painful, but everyone can try new things.

b0YFVGOl.png
    This is the low quality version of handiness furniture (image from simscommunity.info). It's been in the game for a while.
    happyopi wrote: »
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    The way I see it, not everyone can be creative, like me i.e., I know I can't build houses, it's painful, but everyone can try new things.

b0YFVGOl.png
    This is the low quality version of handiness furniture (image from simscommunity.info). It's been in the game for a while.

Oh wow those are a sight to behold.
    I'd only seen poor quality chairs before. I mean, aren't toilets and bathtubs unlocked at high handiness level?
    How do you get Poor quality at that point? Just crafting while Very Uncomfortable or something?

Also that toilet is definitely very much just a bucket, at least visually. But does it change how Sims interact with it? Or do they still somehow flush the bucket?

Actually, it reminds me of a toilet from the Sims 1's Livin' Large expansion.
    a82a26128a.png
    Actually called the "In-house Outhouse", too lol.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited June 2019

I guess you expected new toilet like the bamboo bush from The Sims Castaway Stories.