Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Living Disappointment So Far

IceAxe18IceAxe18 Posts: 78 Member
edited June 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I'm thankful for Island Living, but theirs barely any new clothing for Guys, and Girls. Plus the tropical shirt for guys should have a option for a button up shirt not just an open up shirt. In the Style section please put way more styles you can choose from.
CyberpowerPC Core I7 6900K / 3.2 GHZ
Ram 32 GB
SSD 500 GB
HDD 3 TB
GTX 1080 8 GB
Win 10 Home 64 BIT

Comments

• ThenyoukissmeThenyoukissme Posts: 304 Member
    Im really happy with the clothing and hair we were given.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Im really happy with the clothing and hair we were given.

Same here....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    To be honest, the more I learn about this pack the more I feel it should have been a game pack.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited June 2019
    StrangerVille was a "Gamepack" and this has much more "stuff and gameplay" and I don't think anyone with no exceptions has had time to explore the world fully in depth. Their complaints are after a very shallow look through. Get to Work was the same and it is only now that Simmers are awakening me to what can be done with the Science career for example. Detractors put me off playing it fully.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I love the clothings!
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited June 2019
    Simburian wrote: »
    StrangerVille was a "Gamepack" and this has much more "stuff and gameplay" and I don't think anyone with no exceptions has had time to explore the world fully in depth. Their complaints are after a very shallow look through. Get to Work was the same and it is only now that Simmers are awakening me to what can be done with the Science career for example. Detractors put me off playing it fully.

I know what you are saying, but I kind of disagree with not being able to have time to explore the world fully in depth. I’ve been playing since Thursday 11pm:

I’ve built all the sandcastles I want to,
    Swam in every ocean, performed all the scuba “activities” and snorkelling.
    Explored that darn cave that was said to be dangerous its really not
    Played with the new lot traits
    Completed the aspiration and used the new traits.
    Did odd jobs
    Did the new part time careers.
    Played with dolphins
    Made the volcano erupt.
    Saw three “festivals”
    Saw baby turtles hatch
    Upgraded a jet ski
    Used a Float
    Got sun burned and sun tanned.
    Woohooed in the waterfall
    Played in the waterfall

I have saw a friend use a mermaid and try to lure a sim to their death repeatedly, but it didn’t work.

I’ve lightly touched upon the conservation career.

There isn’t that much new game play I don’t think. Toddlers get no new play equipment. There’s no new skill that I can see.
    A lot of the game play is rabbit holes.
    I honestly feel I’ve saw everything I wanted too.
  • ThenyoukissmeThenyoukissme Posts: 304 Member
    edited June 2019

I know what you are saying, but I kind of disagree with not being able to have time to explore the world fully in depth. I’ve been playing since Thursday 11pm:

Did odd jobs
    Played with dolphins
    Made the volcano erupt.
    Saw three “festivals”
    Saw baby turtles hatch
    Upgraded a jet ski
    Used a Float
    Played in the waterfall

I have saw a friend use a mermaid and try to lure a sim to their death repeatedly, but it didn’t work.

There isn’t that much new game play I don’t think. Toddlers get no new play equipment. There’s no new skill that I can see.

I was a little disappointed that we didnt get many new toddlers things, like hair styles or even new beds. I feel like the toddler beds dont fit in with many themes

• rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    What i find really weird is that the box art is the same as game packs instead of the expansion pack one
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

Did odd jobs
    Played with dolphins
    Made the volcano erupt.
    Saw three “festivals”
    Saw baby turtles hatch
    Upgraded a jet ski
    Used a Float
    Played in the waterfall

The cave is dynamic. The more you explore the more options you get to have different experiences.

The longer you work the conservation career, and the more you clean up the Island the more the island changes for the better.

Lava bombs can be opened for collectables once they cool.

• drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member

The only thing I will say about the world is that it seems to have the largest playable area - at least from the looks of it. That’s a GREAT THING, and I haven’t seen much “fakeness” littered about either which I really do appreciate. Design-wise this world is really good for Sims 4. Hopefully they try to keep the playable areas fake-building-free going forward.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I know - I love everything - I cannot figure out those complaining.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Mermaids don't kill Sims but they can keep them in the sea, far from home and the Sims might die if they can't get home to fulfill their needs in time.

I'm still waiting for someone to find what is the shark's bigger "friend" that @SimGuruGeoff talked about, anybody know yet?
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I don't often find many things I like for clothing in alot of the packs, no matter which type pack it was. I love Vampire one and such because I like older styles that can also be different and not always older. This exp pack, however, I have found many outfits that I love. I had so many different ideas I would need more slots open to allow more outfits, gonna have create a beachy type clothing retail so I can do them all.
    Mermaids don't kill Sims but they can keep them in the sea, far from home and the Sims might die if they can't get home to fulfill their needs in time.

I'm still waiting for someone to find what is the shark's bigger "friend" that @SimGuruGeoff talked about, anybody know yet?

Me too.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Barbie430Barbie430 Posts: 97 Member
    edited June 2019
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

That’s great for you, however others are not as satisfied. Nothing really to figure out, it’s just a difference of opinion.

Based on what I’ve seen and read, I think I’ll wait for this pack to be half off or more. While the buy/build items look nice, mermaids and ocean swimming isn’t really worth $40 for me personally. My biggest gripe is the fact that diving and the lifeguard career are rabbitholes.

With all due respect, you said you don’t even have the expansion. People “complaining” do and have experienced it.

@Pamtastic72 My sim has explored the cave at least twenty times. All that happened was I got fish and moodlets. It’s a very disappointing rabbit hole.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2019

Is it a kraken? Is there any secret game changers haven't told? ETA: or maybe a whale?
    edited June 2019
    Barbie430 wrote: »

That’s great for you, however others are not. Nothing really to figure out, it’s just a difference of opinion.

Based on what I’ve seen and read, I think I’ll wait for this pack to be half off or more. While the buy/build items look nice, mermaids and ocean swimming isn’t really worth $40 for me personally. My biggest gripe is the fact that diving and the lifeguard career are rabbitholes.

Yep - some people did not like that - it seemed to work though and in Sims 3 having diving and setting up did not always go well. So this could be a better work around in the long run. Who knows the changes they can add as it goes along too. I am sorry you are not happy - and for me waiting is not a good idea - time is my enemy. For me it is day by day.

In dreams - I LIVE!

Cinebar wrote: »

Is it a kraken? Is there any secret game changers haven't told? ETA: or maybe a whale?

There is no kraken, confirmed by the devs. They said you may notice a dark shadow in the water but there’s no creature. I sent one sim into the cave (rabbit hole) trying to find the danger within allegedly, I had another sim out in the ocean and I wondered if anything would happen.

Well nothing did. My sim drowned because she ran out of energy. But thats definitely all it was, the camera was on her the whole time.
    I understand you @Writin_Reg I hope not though. Time is my enemy too as I'm getting too old so the longer Sims 4 goes on the better.

Complaining all the time never helped me, in fact the reverse, and I am selfishly enjoying the game for what it is. Maybe some of those who don't like it have helpful suggestions they can put in the ideas section or to Gurus on Twitter?
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    What i find really weird is that the box art is the same as game packs instead of the expansion pack one

Right? I don't get that.
    This is the right version, I don't understand why Origin doesn't have that. It's bothering me ahaha

SIMS4EP7_RETAIL_2160x3048cmyk_en-2.png
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1

There is no kraken, confirmed by the devs. They said you may notice a dark shadow in the water but there’s no creature. I sent one sim into the cave (rabbit hole) trying to find the danger within allegedly, I had another sim out in the ocean and I wondered if anything would happen.

Well nothing did. My sim drowned because she ran out of energy. But thats definitely all it was, the camera was on her the whole time.

Maybe Nessie or a whale.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited June 2019
    I understand you @Writin_Reg I hope not though. Time is my enemy too as I'm getting too old so the longer Sims 4 goes on the better.

Complaining all the time never helped me, in fact the reverse, and I am selfishly enjoying the game for what it is. Maybe some of those who don't like it have helpful suggestions they can put in the ideas section or to Gurus on Twitter?

Yep - in my case I wish it was just an age thing - oh well. Must keep on Keeping on as as my grandmother used to say. (Or try to. Find joy where it comes). LOL. And I can't help it - I am having fun. I wish I didn't feel like I have to keep apologizing for laughing and having fun finally though. I guess that all depends on us.

In dreams - I LIVE!

Maybe Nessie or a whale.

It could have to be unlocked by doing certain actions as lots of Sims 4 things are. SimGuruGeoff mentioned it as coming around the same time or after you encounter the sharks. I really would like a sea serpent or Nessie and would be disappointed if it was just a shadow. :/

Sims can sleep on one of the boats they mentioned (I don't know if you can do so on the yacht) so I suppose it is advisable to use the boat when going into the open sea.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Even though sharks can hunt with other species of sharks, I do not know if it could be an Great White as they are huge.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen