Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Strangerville Activity Retention?

I'm about to get Strangerville and I have a question pertaining to the Military Career Track (sparring, spying, etc.). I'm wondering if the special activities and interactions you get are still usable if you quit the career, like if you've finished it and want to move onto a different track. I wasn't too thrilled with how the Science Career handled this. If you quit that, you can no longer use certain things you earned the use of along the way. For example, you have to earn your way up to Level 8 to be able to upgrade a Cloning Machine. If you quit, you can't do that since you can't access the Invention Station to do it, and you can't make Serums anymore because that machine is off limits too. It's the first time I can recall a Sim basically "unlearning" something after quitting a career and I'm hoping the Military track hasn't followed that same system. Since it's been out a little while, I'm sure some players must know by now how it works.
9ndehwc.png

Comments

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    It seems to be standard in TS4 that you retain interaction from a Career track only while you retain that Career. If you want access to those interactions, don't quit your job. If you want to know for sure, do make the change, and see. If it is not the result you want, don't save the change.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited June 2019
    I think since get famous the chemical anyliezer was changed to a regular object and all though serums should be available once placed on your lot and discovered. It was just for get to work, but I think the gardening career can use it if yu have the Get To Work pack.

Edit: I think I was look at the wrong thing the chemistry lab is a reward object for level 4 of the scientist career. I think the reward object will still work once you retire from that career.

Most stuff you get from the military career should work for non military because its part of the Strangervillie story, and the civilians have a harder time getting the items, from the military, because they are civilians.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    You retain objects. You lose Career-specific interactions with those objects. I can keep my Style Boards once I retire as a Style Influencer, but only have the interactions with them that any Sim not in that profession does. I think that is pretty consistent across the board.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I'm not sure of the sparring part, but the spying part, that is something any sim is allowed to do.
  • Options
    Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    It's a bit of a bummer in some cases, but a blessing in others. There would be so many interactions in your wheel after a while it would become even more of a hassle to find the action you want :)

Like, I wanted to be able to continue to invest after finishing the business career, but some other actions I wouldn't be as interested in. Having them all would just be crazy though, but some for sure I'd love to keep.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Options
    KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    Idk about the military career stuff, but I feel the same about the scientist career stuff! We should start a petition to make it all stay unlocked once learned!
  • Options
    iamsweetmysteryiamsweetmystery Posts: 250 Member
    Thanks to some of my mods, I already have a much more expansive interaction wheel than is typical. I can't say I particularly mind. I like having options and at least everything is broken down into categories.
    9ndehwc.png
  • Options
    Idk about the military career stuff, but I feel the same about the scientist career stuff! We should start a petition to make it all stay unlocked once learned!

It's not very immersive to have Sims suddenly "forget" how to use the scientific equipment they used throughout their entire career and find themselves so completely incompetent they can no longer use them at all. It's bad enough to lose progress in a career itself if you change jobs. Sims games didn't used to do that. When it comes to the Renaissance Sim Aspiration, it's wholly detrimental.
    9ndehwc.png
  • Options
    It would be cool if you would unlock Life Skills at rank 10, like you get something special that stays with you through the rest of your Sims life if you reach the career end. Like in the business career, you could keep on investing money even if you switch career. And well, you get the idea :D
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Options
    I actually just had an idea concerning the locking in of career abilities. What they could do is implement a Retirement system. Once you get to the top level of a career, you could have the option to "retire". At this point, all career-exclusive abilities and interactions would lock in permanently. After retirement, you could also collect a weekly pension (the same way you collect "investment" dividends and IP royalties) for each career you retire from and it would lock your career level. Instead of returning to the job via the Find Job menu, you would have the option "Come Out of Retirement" and select any career track you've retired from, leaving the other branch of the career available from the beginning. This would allow players to put a single household through many careers and be able to return to the high-paying top jobs when they want, and multiple career retirements would help them build wealth a bit faster by collecting multiple pensions (which would be slightly less than the actual wages and not apply to a career the Sim returned to, as they would be getting wages again when coming out of retirement.)
    9ndehwc.png
  • Options
    It would be cool if you would unlock Life Skills at rank 10, like you get something special that stays with you through the rest of your Sims life if you reach the career end. Like in the business career, you could keep on investing money even if you switch career. And well, you get the idea :D

It actually seems the conservationalist career actually does exactly this, nice :D
    You're Breathtaking!