Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Only one child cannot enroll in after school activities?

I'm currently playing an overstuffed household, and one of the families has 2 children, a son and a daughter. The son can enroll in activities on his own, or be enrolled by parents. His sister however cannot sign up for them on her own or be signed up for them by her parents.

I have tried resetting her via console and master controler, and have moved her into another household and back, but she still cannot seem to be signed up for activities.

Bother her and her brother attend the same school everyday. The only difference between the two is that her age bar is full green and his is gray, but I have aging disabled.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this issue?
"Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    When a sim is close to the end of either their child or teen age spans, they are unable to sign up for new after school activities. The theory must have been that they wouldn't have time to progress through them, there are I believe three hidden levels for each that lead up to potential awards at a ceremony that takes place just before they move on to the next age stage. I admit that makes less sense when aging is disabled, but it's still reasonable because players can switch aging on and off on the fly.

Not sure how "close to the end" of a stage is defined, it might be by percentage so that it depends on how long the stages are. If you are using NRaas mods, you way want to make her a bit younger within the child stage by way of MasterController (MC Cheats add-on module required).
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    When a sim is close to the end of either their child or teen age spans, they are unable to sign up for new after school activities. The theory must have been that they wouldn't have time to progress through them, there are I believe three hidden levels for each that lead up to potential awards at a ceremony that takes place just before they move on to the next age stage. I admit that makes less sense when aging is disabled, but it's still reasonable because players can switch aging on and off on the fly.

Not sure how "close to the end" of a stage is defined, it might be by percentage so that it depends on how long the stages are. If you are using NRaas mods, you way want to make her a bit younger within the child stage by way of MasterController (MC Cheats add-on module required).

I use a few (by which I mean many) nraas mods. Where would this particular setting be located?
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    NRaas > MC > (Sim) > Intermediate > Age: Absolute (or Relative, either one). You cannot make a sim instantly cross age stages that way, but you can add or subtract sim days from their age within their current stage.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    NRaas > MC > (Sim) > Intermediate > Age: Absolute (or Relative, either one). You cannot make a sim instantly cross age stages that way, but you can add or subtract sim days from their age within their current stage.

Worked like a charm! Thank you!