Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Child of the Ocean Trait?

Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
Have any of the early access folks played with this trait yet?

I was really hoping for a "loves water" type of personality trait, but from an earlier post, it looks like maybe this trait would be accompanied by sad moodlets when eating fish. I can kind of understand this for mermaids, but if that's the case, I really wish there were also a second trait related to loving the water/water activities for some of our other sims, without this particular quirk.

It seems pretty unfortunate to have to create a fisherman sim who spends all day on the water but can't actually eat fish... or alternatively, gets absolutely no happiness boost from being on the water. Not to mention that fish would inevitably be a staple of the traditional Sulani diet, which means the locals again, either can't eat their traditional foods or else get no extra happiness from being on the water.

ETA: as an alternative to making a completely separate water-loving trait, it would also make sense to me if sims only had the fish aversion if they were both a Child of the Ocean AND Vegetarian.