Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Getting so excited, trying to choose a mermaid name.

I'm counting the minutes, even though I won't be staying up to download (11pm tonight here) and I'm currently deciding on the name of my off the grid, probably mermaid, sim.

Excuse my Hawaiian (google translate isn't coming up with anything else to try, but any suggestions are welcome), but so far, google translate (and a baby naming website) and I have come up with Kailani Mai Ke Kai. I 'think' Kailani means sea and sky and Mai Ke Kai means of the sea. It's a female name, although I might be leaning towards a male since the names seem to be a fair bit cooler (unfortunately my CaS skills are abysmal).

Do you have names picked out yet?

Plus if you have any suggestions on how else I can find a name I like (It in no way has to be Hawaiian, Google translate has Hawaiian listed though, so that's how I chose) let me know!

Comments

• RosybearRosybear Posts: 51 Member
    Have ya tried baby name sites or baby generators? I've found some cool names on them :)

Like Kaimana (unisex I think) meaning power of the sea
    Naida (female) meaning water nymph
    Taras (male) meaning Poseidon's son

Good luck!
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member

Here's a place for Hawaiian song lyrics. Maybe you can find something you like there.
    http://www.huapala.org/
  • freindlylolfreindlylol Posts: 358 Member
    i have watched a few youtubers on this pack but they look the same usually i am so hyped for any pack but right now i am so not feeling this one maybe i will watch more and get into it
  • hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    Rosybear wrote: »
    Have ya tried baby name sites or baby generators? I've found some cool names on them :)

Like Kaimana (unisex I think) meaning power of the sea
    Naida (female) meaning water nymph
    Taras (male) meaning Poseidon's son

Good luck!

those are cool. I think I might make mine one of those.
  • DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member
    Idc if it's not Hawaii-ish but I want to make a Lorelei.
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Idc if it's not Hawaii-ish but I want to make a Lorelei.

That's a lovely name. Sounds Hawaiian enough for me.
  • jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    I’ll have a look once I’m on my computer (on my phone at the moment) thanks!
  • EA_SpectreEA_Spectre Posts: 263 EA Administrator
    edited June 2019
    The Lorelei is a witch / water spirit from a German poem, who lives / is associated with a rock formation of the same name that is located on the shore of the Rhine river. A very tragic tale (as most German folk tales are) that was turned into a beautifully sad song. Search for Lorelei Lied if you want to listen to it.
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited June 2019
    I plan to name my mermaid Shelly.

Update: This is Shelly (and her son, Hudson).

48115772251_cfe0d0eb02_h.jpg
    Post edited by floridameerkat on
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • paleplantpaleplant Posts: 17 Member
    I'm going to have one named Leila which means "night beauty". She's called this because for the past thousand years you can only spot her when the night sky is clear and the moon is full.
    EA ID: Angelictrait