Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does the cave in island living lead to a secret lot?

I’m curious if the cave in island living leads to a secret lot? Similar to the secret lots from the base game. I was watching a let’s play earlier and the simmer had her sim go into the cave a couple of times and each time the messages popped up and made it seem like the sim was getting closer to some mysterious body of water. Unfortunately the simmer did not finish the adventure and went into something different. I really hope the cave opens a secret mermaid grotto.

Comments

• sivansivan Posts: 24 Member
    I really hope there is and it's not only a rabbit hole
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    It’s a rabbit hole but you can also find important materials in the cave too.
  • NinaMariaNinaMaria Posts: 3 New Member
    But what about the other cave? There is a cave almost in the water. It is easier to see at night, then it is lightened up by what seems like the same light that comes from the volcano.. I can't even click on it, but it is clearly a cave that is made for something.. It is even some sort of a sculpture on the right of the entrance, guarding the cave...
  • yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    NinaMaria wrote: »
    But what about the other cave? There is a cave almost in the water. It is easier to see at night, then it is lightened up by what seems like the same light that comes from the volcano.. I can't even click on it, but it is clearly a cave that is made for something.. It is even some sort of a sculpture on the right of the entrance, guarding the cave...

After watching the gurus Q&A video I think the cave you’re talking about is just a mermaid spawner. I wish it was a secret lot.
  • Daedra___Daedra___ Posts: 1 New Member
    Wheeerrreee issss itt?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Daedra___ wrote: »
    Wheeerrreee issss itt?

Seconding this! I need this cave soooon.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    @luthienrising @Daedra___ It's in Mua Pel'am, the neighborhood with the volcano. Go on the lot with the shipwreck, it's in that area.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    hermionia wrote: »
    @luthienrising @Daedra___ It's in Mua Pel'am, the neighborhood with the volcano. Go on the lot with the shipwreck, it's in that area.

Thank you so much!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    I sent my merman sim several to explore several times, it was a rabbit hole each time.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Ok I sent my mermaid conservationist sim, she has extra interactions : examine (she found a species of plants) and take a picture. She's only a level 2 conservationist.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Ok I sent my mermaid conservationist sim, she has extra interactions : examine (she found a species of plants) and take a picture. She's only a level 2 conservationist.

They did say you needed to be a conservationist plus a mermaid.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • daddysshea2daddysshea2 Posts: 1 New Member
    Has anyone else noticed that the broken/ ancient mural beside of the hidden cave next to the shipwreck changes? I've had my sim go in there quite a few times, and it seems that a new piece shows up every now and then to maybe complete a picture of some sort.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Has anyone else noticed that the broken/ ancient mural beside of the hidden cave next to the shipwreck changes? I've had my sim go in there quite a few times, and it seems that a new piece shows up every now and then to maybe complete a picture of some sort.

It doesn't seem to make a difference though? I wish a guru would hop on and just tell us if there's actually a hidden lot or not (but not how to find it I like that it's a mystery).
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

It doesn't seem to make a difference though? I wish a guru would hop on and just tell us if there's actually a hidden lot or not (but not how to find it I like that it's a mystery).

It does make a difference, every time a new piece appear it also unlocks a new interaction, like “Search for Wildlife” “Travel Cave Waters” and stuffs like that... And it also unlocks new outcomes, no biggie, still rabbithole...
  • hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member

Yeah. I'm pretty sure you need to complete it, and you'll discover the "buried treasure" then. I'm already quite far in that. I unlocked different interactions, like:
    Search for Wildlife
    Discover National Wonder
    Travel Cave Waters
  • Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 208 Member
    ^I have the same, nothing happens furthers, the outcomes are all the same...
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    There is no cave. The cave is a lie.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Man I wish we had a cave with a waterfall.
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    There are two caves. One has the mural and you can explore and get mermadic kelp. The other is on the back side of the island. This one may be only a mermaid spawner or it may be a secret cave.
    Bronwin2 wrote: »
    or it may be a secret cave.
    No.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • cooldood555cooldood555 Posts: 82 Member
    Does your Mermaid need to still be in the Conservationist career to finish the cave? I'm one step from finishing it but had him switch careers before finishing, but I can switch him back if I have to.
  • JenPen22JenPen22 Posts: 1 New Member
    Has anyone seen this? I cannot locate this 'cave' in the game... some secret?
    Apparently I can't post links... but if you search on youtube for 'secret mermaid house' - watch CookieSwirlC's video....
    edited July 2019
    @JenPen22 There is not secret lot. The video you're referring to is not a secret lot, it's just a normal house build. There is no secret lot.
    Allons-y!

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited July 2019
    JenPen22 wrote: »
    Has anyone seen this? I cannot locate this 'cave' in the game... some secret?
    Apparently I can't post links... but if you search on youtube for 'secret mermaid house' - watch CookieSwirlC's video....

Cookie made that house. Speaking of mermaid house I've thought about using that abandoned ship as one.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    how did this secret lot rumor get started?? LOL