Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Duggan Dynasty // A Simslit Legacy Challenge

KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,067 Member
The Duggan Dynasty

YIi5I0r.png

Current Generation: One / Thaddeus Duggan

aDubisQ.png

Founder: Thaddeus Duggan
Traits: Hot Headed / Family Orientated / Ambitious
Story: Growing up with a life full of privilege and respect, Thaddeus had everything he ever wanted, handed to him on a silver platter. But with a family who paid little to no attention to him, seeing him as nothing but unwanted baggage, he began to romanticize a life of running away and starting anew. When his careless brother gets the throne to the kingdom out of seemingly nowhere, his dreams become reality with the help of a fiery woman called Taiga- but will it be as easy as he expected?

Mysterious Women and New Beginnings
Post edited by KatNip on

Comments

• Options
    KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,067 Member
    Chapter One: Mysterious Women and New Beginnings

So, the original save I started this in glitched out, so I only got limited screenshots. I'm sorry for the inconvenience; I promise the rest will have significantly more! Until now, your imagination is key.

S0TwdEx.png

D6SLAcq.png

ULMMJP9.png

SC2yEHk.png

S8azTpg.png

4BdeqZg.png

WG9knT5.png

QJsbrGT.png

0r2OQX3.png

3iJWS8d.png

kJyrGHZ.png

Jg4Z64G.png

2hINVlq.png

Thaddeus could feel the girl's umber eyes on him, staring him down, and he could feel the shock in her voice. His gaze, previously transfixed on the dirt path ahead of them, shot up, and he looked over to her. "Good things can come out of bad things, Miss-"

"Taiga," The girl finished for him. Taiga. The name rolled off of her lips, and it was unfamiliar as it was impressive to Thaddeus.

"Miss Taiga. Good things can come out of bad things, and this kingdom is to be a very, very good thing. I swear." He finished his sentence, jumping to his defense. Taiga watched him as they navigated the forest.

"... I don't doubt you for a second." She said finally, sarcasm dripping from her voice.

"Good, because it's true."

"What's to say you won't fail?"

"I won't."

"Your confidence is disheartening." Taiga said, and anger bubbled in Thaddeus's throat. Never had he been spoken to like this before; maybe by his brother, who was as smug as he was stupid, but never by anyone else- particularly a woman.

"Why do you talk like this, woman?!" He snapped. For a brief moment, he felt guilty, not wanting to scare her- until she snapped back, with twice the bite.

"Don't call me "woman"! I have a name and you'll use it, you arrogant brat!" Thaddeus stood silent, dumbfounded, as Taiga continued walking. She stopped and turned around, raising an eyebrow. "Now you're quiet? You'll never run a kingdom, you degenerate buffoon; there was likely a reason it was given to your brother, with a temper like that. Even I'd run it better than you."

"Then help me. Come with me; rule alongside me." The words impulsively stumbled out of Thaddeus's mouth, and he knew he had gone idiot the moment it tumbled out."

"What in that thick skull of yours makes you think I'd want to be your Queen? You speak to me the way you'd speak angrily to a dog."

"N-not as a queen, please. But... as, as partners! We could rule alongside it together!" He stammered.

"You're stupid if you think I'd leave my entire life behind for a stranger's ill-witted whims."

"Just consider it, Miss Taiga!" He watched as the ebony haired woman turned away, walking into the distance. He knew he was stupid; such a proposition, which was nothing but improvisational, would never appeal to anyone. Not even a beggar would jump for such responsibilities; running away with a man who rambled too much. A man they knew nothing of, to be frank. He could've been a murderer, of course anyone would be wiser than to do that. Especially with the way he had snapped. "Please!? I... I leave at midnight in a week! I'll be right here, with a horse and some land under my name!" He tried one last time, and he watched as Taiga walked away from him.

Oh, I really am a fool.

~

Thaddeus knew full well that Taiga wouldn't show up. And yet, he rode up to the park with a torch in hand on the most inconspicuous horse he could find. He glanced up at the evening sky- stars glittered, a stark contrast to the deep purple that hid behind it. The air was cold and wet, the wind blowing mildly, and he knew it would rain.

He'd wait, anyways. He had a few extra saddlebags attached to his horse, holding everything he believed he needed for the journey. He had set up everything with rebels for a hefty sum, though he believed he was scammed. A small cottage, land, and a new life awaited him.
    Thaddeus waited, and waited, pacing with his horse, who whinnied a few times, displeased with the weather. Finally, he picked up the reins, ready to leave again, and a girl in all black climbed out of the wood with a burlap sack. Black hair in a familiar braid and a scowl the moment her eyes landed on Thaddeus. Silently, she hoisted herself onto the back of the horse, resting her burlap sack on her lap as she hesitantly held onto Thaddeus.

"Are those pants you're wearing under that dress?"

"What's it to you?"

"You never did tell me why you speak that way."

"I speak however I want, Lord Thaddeus."

"That I understand; but did your mother not have a single quail to your behavior? It does come off as..."

"Uncouth, unladylike. I've heard it a thousand times." She sniffed. "I refuse to be a pushover the way my mother is, and her mother before her." Thaddeus nodded along as she spoke.

"It kind of suits you." He said as they rode off.

"Hm, I know," She said this with a small smile, speaking in a lilted tone. Taiga brushed back her hair and they rode silently for hours. When the sun was rising up, the kingdom of Del Sol Valley was long gone, and Thaddeus already felt a little cramped. Taiga hadn't spoke for a while, but finally, she did so, breaking the silence accompanied with leaves rustling and birds chirping.

"Y'know, my parents don't know I've gone and left."

"No?" Thaddeus glanced back before looking forward again.

"No. I'm taking a leap, here with you. Don't you dare prove I've made a mistake."

Thaddeus nodded to this. "Why did you leave?"

"They were going to wed me off, sir. A man forty times my age." She paused. "I wasn't going to show up here."

"You weren't?"

"They sprung it on the previous evening. I had no choice."

"..."

"He's rich, and he'd give me a good life. I'd be a noblewoman, and you know switching classes just like that is... well, it's rare, and it's good for everyone." She fell silent. "But I could never live a life like that. His previous wife was young, and she died in childbirth. The baby didn't survive either. The way he looks at me, and my younger sisters... well... I would've brought them here if the time was right."

"We can go back to get them."

"In a later time," Taiga said softly. "They'd be looking for you now, and my father would beat me halfway to death if he stumbled onto me. My 'husband' would finish the other half," She said and chuckled. Thaddeus felt unnerved by her calmness to what was abuse, but he didn't say anything. He didn't know how lower class families worked, and quite frankly, he didn't want to.

"How do you know I'm not... like that?"

"I don't. A strange man approaching me amidst a forest and following me, refusing to shut up? Oh, that's never a good sign. I'm just taking a leap here."

"I suppose you're right. Did I make you uncomfortable?"

"Very."

"I'm sorry."

"Just learn from it. I have nothing to lose now, but I'll still put up a hell of a fight if you dare touch me."

"Yes... of course." Thaddeus nodded and dug his heels in, bringing the horse to a galloping pace. He was determined to make some distance between him and Del Sol Valley- if not for him, for Taiga.