The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not sure which to buy

Hey,

Was going to buy Get Famous, but honestly not sure... wondering if it'd be better to get dine out and vintage stuff pack instead. For those that have got all three, would you chose Get Famous or Dine Out + Vintage Glamour?

Comments

• KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    Ooooh. Hard call. Me personally I felt like I got more gameplay out of get famous but it isn’t my favourite expansion pack.

Dine out I LOVE!!! It is definitely near the top. I use it ALL of the time and LOVE restaurant gameplay!!! :heart:

Vintage Glamour though... doesn’t even really compare for me. So based on your options I myself would chose Get Famous...or get Dine out in isolation and save some money :scream:
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Dine out + Vintage Glamour, love the BB/CAS vintage bought. I use the restaurants often and I love it as well.
    Get famous is good but it got repetitive fast with the acting career, and my sim was being paid enough with it. I do enjoy the reputation system and fame system. CAS and BB was great too.. I recommend watching reviews on YouTube and see which you would like better
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I can't imagine my game without Dine Out and restaurants.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,404 Member
    I love Dine Out and I don't love get Famous that much. Of course Get Famous offers more, you just gotta be into celebrity play and modern widgets.
  • LizzyMacTownieLizzyMacTownie Posts: 31 Member
    Part of the fun of Get Famous is that you can follow your Sim to work. I love careers that offer that option. Some of the interactions are a lot of fun and it does add quite a bit to gameplay, including a new neighborhood which I really like! Dine Out allows you to eat in restaurants, though, and that is really a lot of fun. It all depends on your gameplay style? If you want a more expansive career, I'd go with GF. If you just want stuff for your regular Sims to be able to do, I'd go with Dine Out.
  • Cookingpup99Cookingpup99 Posts: 443 Member
    Thank you all for your replies!! I think I might just get dine out then - I watched some videos for get famous and at first I was really excited but upon watching the review again (LGR) does seem like it could get a bit repetitive and I don't tend to use the careers all that often. I really love the idea of the fame system, but again, not sure that I could get much use out of it... I could see myself using Dine Out features more... but for some reason I'm still hesitant XD I really like the idea of the fame system but I'm not sure it'd be worth it just for that...