Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lampoon Parties, how do they work?

My sim gets invited to Lampoon Parties all the time and nothing ever happens at them. I can't for the life of me figure out how to nominate a guest of honor for everyone to roast, so instead everyone just starts around chatting until the event ends. Someone please help. I've talked to the guests and the host, and I've never been given the option to nominate someone in the funny, friendly, mischievous, or mean sections of chatting. I can't click on my sim to do. I've tried the microphone. It's been several parties now where I can't do anything.
Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

Comments

• XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    What is a lampoon party? I never heard or seen anything like that. I am guessing you mean the reward ceremony in Get Famous?
  • IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    What is a lampoon party? I never heard or seen anything like that. I am guessing you mean the reward ceremony in Get Famous?

It's from Get Famous, it's a party that unlocks for Sims with Bad Reputation.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    XxAirixX wrote: »

It's from Get Famous, it's a party that unlocks for Sims with Bad Reputation.
    Oh, maybe that is why I hadn't known about it as non of my current sims have a bad repuation,
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited June 2019
    I have no idea either, it's the same when I am getting invited to a charity event, I am not sure how you do these parties when you are not the host.
  • bkitbitsbkitbits Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm in the midst of attending one and a guest just showed up with the label "Guest of Honor". Clicking on him gives me the option to "Perform a Witty Takedown." That seems to be the only thing that happens though.

Also, when you're at a charity event, there's a special interaction with the host. I think it gives you the option to donate or something.
  • bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    Can someone tag a dev on this post? It's terrible that the lampoon parties work that way. I was just invited to my first one and I never saw a guest of honor. It was a waste of time.
  • michaelottingermichaelottinger Posts: 2 New Member
    Finally figured this out! ...somewhat. Went to a Lampoon Party (which, oddly enough, was in Strangerville) and hovered my mouse over each guest. Doing so lists their title, name and age.

Jonathan Rush
    Adult

Meredith Roswell
    Adult

Conspiracy Theorist
    Anita Hart
    Adult

Military Personnel
    Zackery Anthony
    Adult

Guest of Honor
    Erika Hiyashi
    Adult

When clicking the Guest of Honor (and no one else) one option is "Perform a Witty Takedown." So I'm still not sure why we're asked to "nominate" a Guest of Honor. Also, the Guest of Honor never showed up in my list of relationships.

...and then the party just ended and everyone immediately filed out.
  • Traceys123Traceys123 Posts: 1 New Member
    When you select the event, you set the roles, host, guest of honor...
    At the party you need a mic. Click the mic and select 'lampoon the guest of honor'
    Perform witty take down as the previous person said, click the guest of honor and select "perform witty takedown'