Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which DLCs should I purchase?

Hello Simmers!

I am getting back into the Sims 4. Currently I only have the base game but since Origin is doing up to 85% off Sims 4 sales, I would like to purchase some expansions/game packs/stuff packs. I am 100% buying Island Living when it comes out, but what else would people recommend?

Seasons seems like a very good purchase and has been suggested by everyone, but if i'm going to be using Island Living the most it seems like a waste. I would love to hear people's thoughts and suggestions. Thank you!

Comments

• FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    It depends on your gaming style but I really did like seasons as it given me more realism to the game!
  • FaeFae Posts: 37 Member
    edited June 2019
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    It depends on your gaming style but I really did like seasons as it given me more realism to the game!

Do you feel I would still benefit from Season gameplay if I mainly use Island Living? I really do enjoy a lot of the build/buy mode items that come with it.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,020 Member
    edited June 2019
    It depends on what you like, really. Do you like to focus on immersion, period pieces, stories, singles life, family play, adventure? There's a lot of different packs for different styles.

Regardless of your play style, I think you should get Seasons. It just fits so well with everything. Aside from monsoons, the temperature system adds another layer of fun to Sulani. Other worlds benefit more from weather, and it adds a lot to the atmosphere. Plus, the holiday and calendar system is super fun to play around with.

I also recommend Get Together (the club system is fun to play with, not to mention ridiculously convenient), Laundry Day (for immersion and keeping your sims busy), Get Famous (the fame system, is great, being a celebrity is awesome and every sim can get a good or bad reputation), Cats & Dogs (pets are fun, but you're going to want to buy this game for Brindleton Bay), Dine Out (restaurants are so fun to visit. I just got it but I'm having a lot of fun with it), and Romantic Garden (nice garden stuff, fantastic CAS stuff.)
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    I'm usually all about adventure and not entirely into the whole "family" simulation. I won't be going for the suggested "Parenthood" game pack or the kid + toddler stuff packs as of right now.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,020 Member
    edited June 2019
    Fae wrote: »
    I'm usually all about adventure and not entirely into the whole "family" simulation. I won't be going for the suggested "Parenthood" game pack or the kid + toddler stuff packs as of right now.
    Oh, you might like Jungle Adventure. It's something I only use once every couple of months, but it's pretty fun. You send your sims into the jungle to explore, discover artifacts and solve "puzzles." (Basically just randomly guessing the answers to puzzles.) It's simple, but it's enjoyable.

Get to Work is kind of a bland pack, but it lets you follow your sims on the job. As a detective, you can investigate crime scenes, arrest sims and interrogate them. I heard he scientist career is also good, but I haven't played it yet.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    Gordy wrote: »
    Fae wrote: »
    Oh, you might like Jungle Adventure. It's something I use once every couple of months, but it's pretty fun. You send your sims into the jungle to explore, discover artifacts and solve "puzzles." (Basically just randomly guessing the answers to puzzles.) It's simply, but it's fun.

Get to Work is kind of a bland pack, but it lets you follow your sims on the job. As a detective, you can investigate crime scenes, arrest sims and interrogate them.

That's pretty neat, thank you for your comments! They are very helpful :smiley:
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    It's completely subjective, personally, I have no interest in Get Famous or Seasons and have but don't use Vampires. Which are on a lot of other people's best lists, so.......
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Get Together. The club system is the best thing that happened to The Sims. Ever. Forever. And always.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2019
    Seasons definitely is a good purchase as weather is pretty universal in the game. CAS is great too. I'm sure the island of Sulani will go through heat waves and from what a guru mention you'll also get a tropical storm if you happen to have seasons. There's a lot of items I can see being used in Island Living from seasons than just weather (plus there's the calendar which is great for setting up and hosting events). The new bathing suits and hot wear clothing in Seasons is very nice for Sulani.

I find Outdoor retreat to also be nicely paired with for IL with different items like the cooler, tent and bon fires for roasting hot dogs and marshmallows.

And Backyard stuff has a very nice summery vibe to it and one o my favorite stuff pack to CAS to the gameplay items. The drink tray being my favorite.
    5vJrxmT.png
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Seasons definitely is a good purchase as weather is pretty universal in the game. CAS is great too. I'm sure the island of Sulani will go through heat waves and from what a guru mention you'll also get a tropical storm if you happen to have seasons. There's a lot of items I can see being used in Island Living from seasons than just weather (plus there's the calendar which is great for setting up and hosting events). The new bathing suits and hot wear clothing in Seasons is very nice for Sulani.

These are some very great points, thank you for the help!
  • xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    edited June 2019
    For expansion packs:
    1. Seasons
    2. City Living
    For game packs:
    1. Parenthood
    For stuff packs:
    1. Laundry Day
    2. Cool Kitchen Stuff
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!