Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sigh so i have to say farewell (for now) to my favorite Sims

BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
Has ran beautifully up till last year or so now the crashes are just plain frustrating.
Have tried all the fixes I have found on here and elsewhere but just as it gets interesting down it goes.
Have got it to recognize my video card NVIDEA GForce GTX 970 which I believe is cursed. LOL
Tried Installing the 4G patch but though says executable successfully patched actually doesnt.
No problem on changing resolutions etc and will run so smooth and look so good for awhile then Poof.

I have the discs stored away so may try using them at a later date as not sure if its my card, Windows 10 or an UC problem.

I still have 3 and 4 to play so won't go into complete withdrawal :wink: but will sure miss this one.

Actually still have my Sims discs as well but no longer have it installed on this computer. Not sure 10 would like that one much.

Keep the Sim!
"Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion

Comments

• AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    You have company. I replaced my vid card several months back and I guess my CPU is starting to fail because it doesn't let me play TS3 at all now (almost 10 min to load game, 30 min to load a save and 1 min Sim time is about 5 min real time), not to mention other issues coming and going with internet and general performance. I can still play 2 and 4, but it's not as smooth.

I'm waiting on a new CPU, motherboard, RAM and tower to come in from Newegg.
    I'm going through all of my backups and preparing for the upgrade. Upgrading those major parts means wiping my hard drive and installing Win 10 - which means installing all the iterations...AGAIN.
    I have no idea how long he will have my PC (can't be more than a few days). Those few days are gonna drive me insane because I won't be playing any version!
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    Aww thats sad @Anmirla . I am lucky as I am quite happy with mine and run everything else just awesome. Even 2 except for the dang crashes.

Its also fairly new so don't want to pay for any updating just yet. :)

Hope you are up and running soon.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion