October 11 - It's Friday, and that means Friday Highlight is here! Check it out!
October 10 - A new The Sims 4 update is ready for you on Xbox One and PlayStation 4! Details here
October 3 - Patch day for The Sims 4 on PC/Mac! Find the details here.
Playing on macOS Lion (10.7)? Please, read this before updating your game.

Broken/Updated Mods & CC: Island Living + June 2019 patch

Comments

  • midnitetechmidnitetech Posts: 281 Member
    My careers will need updating, as PTO isn't working, but otherwise, they function normally. I'll update ASAP :) (I have nearly 80 careers so it might take me a little while)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 31,762 Member
    edited June 19
    My careers will need updating, as PTO isn't working, but otherwise, they function normally. I'll update ASAP :) (I have nearly 80 careers so it might take me a little while)

    Thanks! I'll add a note on careers, then, as is probably widely true. @Neia hasn't updated her Create-A-Career tool yet. (Will just add a boldfaced note here too to get people's attention)

    Careers
    Custom careers appear to need updating in order for paid time off to work, but they work otherwise.
    Create-A-Career (Neia) will need updating.
    FAQ: culling relationship decay
    #freethebabies #TeamToasters #TeamPlayableGnomes #TeamFarms #FarmTeam #BouncyCastle!!
  • HirakoAHirakoA Posts: 10 New Member
    I'm not sure if this the right place. But I'm having an issue with eyeliner and lipstick they cause a shiny texture over the sims that are wearing it. Someone said it could be broken specular?
  • Ash1889Ash1889 Posts: 7 New Member
    So I took out all the broken mods and replaced all the mods that have been updated. I was having the door issue due to the "That which shall not be named" mod, and my doors are back. But once I exited the game last night and went back in this morning, I got to main menu just fine, got to world map just fine, but when I clicked into my current family, it just sits on the loading screen, plumbon a-turnin, and music playing forever! HAAAALP ME! =)
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Ash1889 wrote: »
    So I took out all the broken mods and replaced all the mods that have been updated. I was having the door issue due to the "That which shall not be named" mod, and my doors are back. But once I exited the game last night and went back in this morning, I got to main menu just fine, got to world map just fine, but when I clicked into my current family, it just sits on the loading screen, plumbon a-turnin, and music playing forever! HAAAALP ME! =)

    I had that happen a long while back and it was a broken mod. So...you should probably pull your whole mods folder and add it back using the 50/50 method, or if it's small enough one at a time until you find what's broken. It could be a gameplay mod or even some cc.
  • Ash1889Ash1889 Posts: 7 New Member
    > @Pamtastic72 said:
    > Ash1889 wrote: »
    >
    > So I took out all the broken mods and replaced all the mods that have been updated. I was having the door issue due to the "That which shall not be named" mod, and my doors are back. But once I exited the game last night and went back in this morning, I got to main menu just fine, got to world map just fine, but when I clicked into my current family, it just sits on the loading screen, plumbon a-turnin, and music playing forever! HAAAALP ME! =)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I had that happen a long while back and it was a broken mod. So...you should probably pull your whole mods folder and add it back using the 50/50 method, or if it's small enough one at a time until you find what's broken. It could be a gameplay mod or even some cc.

    Wahhh, I was hoping to avoid this, but knew I would probably have to do it. I have over 2000+ things in my CC folder, so this should be fun! Thanks =)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 31,762 Member
    Ash1889 wrote: »
    > @Pamtastic72 said:
    > Ash1889 wrote: »
    >
    > So I took out all the broken mods and replaced all the mods that have been updated. I was having the door issue due to the "That which shall not be named" mod, and my doors are back. But once I exited the game last night and went back in this morning, I got to main menu just fine, got to world map just fine, but when I clicked into my current family, it just sits on the loading screen, plumbon a-turnin, and music playing forever! HAAAALP ME! =)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I had that happen a long while back and it was a broken mod. So...you should probably pull your whole mods folder and add it back using the 50/50 method, or if it's small enough one at a time until you find what's broken. It could be a gameplay mod or even some cc.

    Wahhh, I was hoping to avoid this, but knew I would probably have to do it. I have over 2000+ things in my CC folder, so this should be fun! Thanks =)

    If you do identify the culprit(s), please let us know here!
    FAQ: culling relationship decay
    #freethebabies #TeamToasters #TeamPlayableGnomes #TeamFarms #FarmTeam #BouncyCastle!!
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Ash1889 wrote: »
    > @Pamtastic72 said:
    > Ash1889 wrote: »
    >
    > So I took out all the broken mods and replaced all the mods that have been updated. I was having the door issue due to the "That which shall not be named" mod, and my doors are back. But once I exited the game last night and went back in this morning, I got to main menu just fine, got to world map just fine, but when I clicked into my current family, it just sits on the loading screen, plumbon a-turnin, and music playing forever! HAAAALP ME! =)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I had that happen a long while back and it was a broken mod. So...you should probably pull your whole mods folder and add it back using the 50/50 method, or if it's small enough one at a time until you find what's broken. It could be a gameplay mod or even some cc.

    Wahhh, I was hoping to avoid this, but knew I would probably have to do it. I have over 2000+ things in my CC folder, so this should be fun! Thanks =)
    Yeah, sorry for the bad news. I have a huge folder an am currently debating whether to add it back 50/50 or just wait awhile and download all new stuff once my mods are all updated. :/
  • Ash1889Ash1889 Posts: 7 New Member
    Fixed it! It was the objects folder from the RTF Mod that I had forgotten to take out! Thankfully, it was in one of the first batches of items I added back into the game after taking out my Mods folder, so it didn't take me long at all! It's funny- it's been SO long so I've played without CC, that when I loaded up my family after taking out my Mods folder, I was almost shell shocked by how plain and empty my house was! Clutter and CC really do make the game! Hopefully ALL Mods are updated soon and we can get back to happy simming! Thanks guys =)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 31,762 Member
    edited June 19
    UPdated Mods
    From LittleMsSam:
    • Advanced Heel Command
    • Auto Employees | Custom Lot Trait
    • Autonomous Gardening
    • Autonomous go Jogging when Sims are Stressed & Children can Jog too
    • Better Butler (and Hire more Butler)
    • Better Nanny (Second Nanny & more)
    • Carryable Performance Stage plus Sing Songs!
    • Collectibles (Rock Digging) Rework (Slower/Harder)
    • Cooler are cooling
    • First Love
    • Foster Family
    • Higher/Longer Payments for Apps, Games & more
    • Hire certain Sims (incl. Family Members) at Restaurants
    • Housewarming Party (instead of Welcome Wagon)
    • Let Friends Age Up
    • LittleMsSam’s Automatic Stereo System
    • LittleMsSam’s Food Delivery Service
    • Live in Business
    • Live In Services
    • More Buyable Venues and new Venue Types
    • More Experimental Food Servings
    • More Seafood Servings
    • More Servings Options & Better MealTime Menus
    • More Visitors | Custom Lot Trait
    • More Woodworks
    • My Pets
    • No Outfit Changing | Custom LotTrait & Traits
    • No Restaurant Bill when being Invited
    • Objects don’t share Inventory (Fridge Addon not supported anymore, read Description for an alternative Version!)
    • Personal Objects (Computer, Tablets & more)
    • Pregnancy Overhaul
    • Random Bug Fixes (12 Bug Fixes)
    • Random Small Mods (57 Mods)
    • Roommates
    • Sell more self made Woodwork at the Flea Market
    • SimDa Dating App
    • SimsLootBox
    • Skate Everywhere
    • Small Laundry Overhaul
    • Small Pet Food Overhaul
    • Teach me the Rumbasim
    • Train your Puppies
    • Vampire Powers | “Be able to eat Human Food”, “Enable own Mirror Reflection”, “Stop Hissing” and more
    Links available here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/patch-updates-1-27746364
    FAQ: culling relationship decay
    #freethebabies #TeamToasters #TeamPlayableGnomes #TeamFarms #FarmTeam #BouncyCastle!!
  • LittleMsSamLittleMsSam Posts: 73 Member
    Yep!^^ And all others not mentioned should be compatible. Quick Shower and Bath work still fine in my Game without an Update so far.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 3,519 Member
    Yep!^^ And all others not mentioned should be compatible. Quick Shower and Bath work still fine in my Game without an Update so far.

    Fantastic, thank you! <3
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 1,029 Member
    edited June 19
    citysimmer wrote: »
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Thanks for this. It was so helpful. The game removed custom content from all my sims. I'm not sure what I did wrong but I'm sure it was my fault most likely. I'm new to mods/custom content and updates. :D

    The game automatically turns out custom content after each patch as a precaution. Go to your settings and you can turn them back on.

    I did turn them back on again straight away after installing the patch but custom cas content had still been removed from my sims. I had to go round them all and put it back on. I'm sure it's something I probably did wrong. I just have no idea what it was. :D
  • gemmasilkgemmasilk Posts: 14 New Member
    sorry can someone confirm if the slow dance mod is okay
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 31,762 Member
    Yep!^^ And all others not mentioned should be compatible. Quick Shower and Bath work still fine in my Game without an Update so far.

    Awesome!
    FAQ: culling relationship decay
    #freethebabies #TeamToasters #TeamPlayableGnomes #TeamFarms #FarmTeam #BouncyCastle!!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 31,762 Member
    gemmasilk wrote: »
    sorry can someone confirm if the slow dance mod is okay

    Sacrificial's Romantic Slow Dancing? All Sacrificial mods are currently not okay. He's working on it! Please give him time. If you mean another mod, what mod is that?
    FAQ: culling relationship decay
    #freethebabies #TeamToasters #TeamPlayableGnomes #TeamFarms #FarmTeam #BouncyCastle!!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 31,762 Member
    FAQ: culling relationship decay
    #freethebabies #TeamToasters #TeamPlayableGnomes #TeamFarms #FarmTeam #BouncyCastle!!
  • spazin1015aspazin1015a Posts: 14 New Member
    Maybe I overlooked a comment on this but is anyone else getting white splotches when using some custom content items. I don't see on all just a few here and there. (already checked and no updates yet on a few in which it is occurring - still early I know)
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Ash1889 wrote: »
    Fixed it! It was the objects folder from the RTF Mod that I had forgotten to take out! Thankfully, it was in one of the first batches of items I added back into the game after taking out my Mods folder, so it didn't take me long at all! It's funny- it's been SO long so I've played without CC, that when I loaded up my family after taking out my Mods folder, I was almost shell shocked by how plain and empty my house was! Clutter and CC really do make the game! Hopefully ALL Mods are updated soon and we can get back to happy simming! Thanks guys =)

    Glad you were able to figure it out! :)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 31,762 Member
    Maybe I overlooked a comment on this but is anyone else getting white splotches when using some custom content items. I don't see on all just a few here and there. (already checked and no updates yet on a few in which it is occurring - still early I know)

    That's pretty common with no-longer-compatible CC.
    FAQ: culling relationship decay
    #freethebabies #TeamToasters #TeamPlayableGnomes #TeamFarms #FarmTeam #BouncyCastle!!
  • Ash1889Ash1889 Posts: 7 New Member
    Found a couple more bugs I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing or has experienced.... My sims cannot cook anything in the oven. They can use the stovetop, but anything requiring baking or cooking in the oven, they just stop at preparing it in the bowl. Also, sims cannot click on potty chair. Toddlers can use it just fine, but if a sim needs to potty train or clean the chair, all clicking on it does is bring up my notifications wall. And I'm not even using any CC potty chairs, these are EA.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 31,762 Member
    Ash1889 wrote: »
    Found a couple more bugs I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing or has experienced.... My sims cannot cook anything in the oven. They can use the stovetop, but anything requiring baking or cooking in the oven, they just stop at preparing it in the bowl. Also, sims cannot click on potty chair. Toddlers can use it just fine, but if a sim needs to potty train or clean the chair, all clicking on it does is bring up my notifications wall. And I'm not even using any CC potty chairs, these are EA.

    Pull out *all* mods and CC then add them back in gradually (see the 50-50 method link on p.1) to find out what's causing the problem. When you do find out, please report here! It's often not at all obvious what the connection is between no-longer-compatible add-ons and the problem they cause.
    FAQ: culling relationship decay
    #freethebabies #TeamToasters #TeamPlayableGnomes #TeamFarms #FarmTeam #BouncyCastle!!
  • Ash1889Ash1889 Posts: 7 New Member
    Also- Autonomy doesn't seem to be working. I have full autonomy on, but my sims wont do anything unless I tell them to do it.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 31,762 Member
    Confirmed Fine by Modder
    • Functionnal Mounted Wall and Racks Dressers (JakeC0001)
    • No Gardening Club Harvesting (ManxCat)
    • Fall to Autumn (ManxCat)
    • Show/Search Sim Info Mod (itasan2)

    No Longer Needed
    • Fan Rotation Fix and Recat (Menaceman44)
    FAQ: culling relationship decay
    #freethebabies #TeamToasters #TeamPlayableGnomes #TeamFarms #FarmTeam #BouncyCastle!!
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 26,239 Member
    @SpeedBS Please edit your post to remove the name of the mod; we aren't permitted to discuss that one here. Also, go get the update.
    @simscognito Have you checked over at AHQ's bug reports page?

    Broken Mods
    • GrayCurse Cooking/Ingredient Overhaul (GrayCurse)
    • Sweet Tooth Trait (Sresla)

    Updated Mods
    Confirmed Fine by Modder
    • aldavor: Viable Photography, Masterpiece Painting Sale (and some CC - please scroll up for that0

    Removed from "Broken"
    • ADHD Trait

    yeah it was confliting with the one that was causing the door issue. which still confuses me cause that one worked. so now i had my first ever mod conflict.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top