Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like worlds to not have FX Buildings?

SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
edited June 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
So my biggest problem with TS4 worlds is that almost all the worlds have house shells at bg
and it drives me crazy because I want to make my own style of neighborhoods
( which most of the time do not include random american houses)

so I am curious how many of us find those irritating and would rather not have them/
wish they put less of them in worlds from now on
⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free

Would you like worlds to not have FX Buildings? 101 votes

Please no more FX houses
47%
GoldmoldarWritin_Regkeekee53BloosmooCynnaJnyxdrake_mccartyfruitsbasket101CinebarzagboorulesJoAnne65vcosleythecatsredSk8rblazeClassicalSimjcp011c2mannannaLaurenNumberOnewormstache999drakharis 48 votes
I don't really care either way
32%
Akl500PAlrynnSimburianSimQueenie9friendlysimmersSavorySageKalaniCoolAnthonydyerFelicitymierpelsombixtersThenyoukissmeXxAirixXmariajane216WaytoomanyUIDsTechbiltInternal_ChaosEnkiSchmidtNikNakDestin2016 33 votes
I like FX houses
19%
PlayerSinger2010ShanluthienrisingHannaZojaPegasystaydevFelicity1169MasonGamerHermitgirljooxisLiELFSheepilingsimmerLellahappyopiGrumpyGlowfishRummourDarTeachesTS1299TodilooGeralt_ofRivia 20 votes

Comments

• Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Please no more FX houses
    I cannot stand the VFX buildings. They were bad enough when they kept them to the outskirts of the neighborhoods but they have invaded the playable area now and it’s beyond aggravating. They have ruined so many cool places by substituting decoration instead of a functional lot.
  • Options
    Please no more FX houses
    I cannot stand the VFX buildings. They were bad enough when they kept them to the outskirts of the neighborhoods but they have invaded the playable area now and it’s beyond aggravating. They have ruined so many cool places by substituting decoration instead of a functional lot.

yeah I'd much prefer they just put nothing there or trees if they have to have something blocking that area because having buildings you can't use is so limiting like you want to make futuristic city for example and then there is random old american house in it like sup :neutral:
  • Options
    PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    Please no more FX houses

In the sense that they're decorations, it reminds me of how empty the game can sometimes be. It feels like a movie set; it looks nice, but none of it's real.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I like FX houses
    For one, having every building one you can walk around is not going to happen except if something else significant is cut, because that's a lot of added design work. Like, enormously so. Therefore, I'd like to keep them because I don't want nothing there.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Please no more FX houses
    For one, having every building one you can walk around is not going to happen except if something else significant is cut, because that's a lot of added design work. Like, enormously so. Therefore, I'd like to keep them because I don't want nothing there.

well I'm not saying to leave the world completely empty but more like just use nature elements rather than fx houses if it isn't city because non editable houses limit building styles so much like obviously I wouldn't say '' TAKE SHELL HOUSES OUT OF SAN MYSHUNO'' I mean more like
    there should be at least some worlds that do not have shell houses

also am not saying to make more lots to the worlds I could easily deal with having smaller world if it meant they put 0 of those fake house in it
    all I am asking for is to just skip that step where they blob that shell house in perfectly beautiful natural world for some worlds at least
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Please no more FX houses
    also maybe its because I live in rural area where there honestly is no neighbors to be seen and I feel like sims worlds are too populated for me so I would love having at least one residential world that looks like u could just live there alone if you wanted to
  • Options
    Please no more FX houses

I don’t expect every lot to be real, but if it’s inside of the playable area then yeah I think it should be real. That wouldn’t be very much more work for them at all since they design way more of any neighborhood than we can actually use.

The VFX buildings are ugly, and should never be placed inside of areas the sims can go to. Ever. It’s nothing but laziness on their part when they do it. It adds absolutely nothing to the game, something to look at I guess, but that could be achieved with a real lot too that could actually be used by the player.
  • Options
    Please no more FX houses
    Simmingal wrote: »
    also maybe its because I live in rural area where there honestly is no neighbors to be seen and I feel like sims worlds are too populated for me so I would love having at least one residential world that looks like u could just live there alone if you wanted to

Yeah the neighborhoods are way too dense to have everyone huddled in one area, which is what happens in every single world. Like wow this huge looking world but sims only actually exist in this tiny part, the rest is just a 3D backdrop.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Please no more FX houses
    I wouldn't mind if they were playable terrain with hidden households to visit in world
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    edited June 2019
    It might look weird, but it’s better than having lag spikes every second due to all the buildings being real.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2019
    Please no more FX houses
    Much rather a big empty lot. Let me put what I want on the lot - that way they are useful. I see no point in fake buildings but a source of major aggravation there is something adding nothing to the game that has absolutely no purpose. I can see decor like mountains, waterfalls and such like trees and plants and even animals on unreachable outskirts but in the midst of our play area there should not be places we cannot have access to.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Please no more FX houses
    It might look weird, but it’s better than having lag spikes every second due to all the buildings being real.

That's not an issue in Sims 4 as the lots only load when your Sim clicks to go on a lot. Sims 3 loaded everything and why it was a problem - where as Sims 4 is programmed to load a single lot only after you click it. Every building could be real in this game and will not have a lag issue if you have a 64 bit pc. If you get a lag issue - it is not due to buildings. The devs made this a point in Sims 4 and why we have load screens - so the game can load the lot you just clicked on.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Please no more FX houses
    I'd rather there be nothing instead of forcing a style they decide on to all my worlds one of the reasons why CAW is so important. Creating our own worlds and style is important to a lot of us.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I like FX houses
    I like them, they make the worlds cohesive and pretty to look at.
    I feel like with playable lots only, the worlds would be bare and sad.

And if every visible lot was made playable, I would never play. I'm still trying to redesign Del Sol Valley downtown and the two community lots of Strangerville. I even have a few City Living lots left I've been meaning to change but never got around to.
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited June 2019
    I like FX houses
    I wouldn't want to go back to Sims 2 where there was vast open nothingness unless there was a placed lot. Yes-- I'd prefer to be able to create or add my own lots instead, but if they aren't going to make that happen with the way it's set up, I'd rather have the FX houses than that lonely bare expanse.

Edited to add: There are really two issues here: What is visible, and what is playable. Obviously it would be great to have a huge amount of playable space, but the way the game is designed, it's not going to happen.
  • Options
    MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    Please no more FX houses
    The things that so far bugs me the most is the skyscraper buildings that only have maybe 4 appartments in them. I don't mind background buildings, but if I'm going to live in a tall building, at least give me lots on multiple stories.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited June 2019
    I like FX houses
    Depends on the neighbor hood, If Its a neighborhood in the middle of the forest spread out so you have privacy then yes no house Sprites.

But If it's a neighborhood close to the city, t hen yes I want FX House, or at least to a forced perspective sort of a thing. I rather them be empty husks that look a little off than fully designed shells that have me wishing i could live there.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Please no more FX houses
    -MasonGamer - We have an amazing gallery of talented Simmers who make every kind of lot you can imagine - even some I never thought of and you see a point of wanting an unusable - empty fx lot -when that lot could have been filled in with an amazing usable lot of any kind.

That makes no sense at all. Those who want to make their own lot can when no fx fake lots are there - or if they don't have time or feel their lot is good enough - well the gallery is there for very purpose. Option is the answer - not taking away our creativity and options that have always been in the Sims series. If some had empty lots in previous games it is because they did not fill them and could have easily through shared ones every game has always had. Or games content devs make need to be usable - not more and more fake. How many houses where any of you live has fake buildings? It does not count if it is a movie lot. But truth is; especially for reality players and all the builders who play and build in these games - and they will tell you their frustrations in this game and how in real life there is no real fake buildings that real people see everyday unless they are actors and that is only at their job. There is enough fake in this game - but adding entire fake buildings, transportation, fake roads, fake - fake - fake - needs to stop.

Pegasys - As for the bogus excuse we got for the Get Famous world being so small - well that was as bogus as they come. If you believed that - you really do not know enough about gaming and making games.

Funny the same game with way more activity and such in the coming pack has 14-15 lots - can you see through the wool they pulled over your eyes and made you believe that spill? But here we are next ep - this one puts that one to shame almost - plenty of lots we the player can use - not fake ones, content that is mind boggling - nothing YET has changed- so you tell me why it is different in this ep and some of the eps before it?

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Please no more FX houses
    not saying to empty already existing city worlds because for cities it makes sense for there to be huge load of buildings
    (even if im always sad because best spots are not for player to live in)

but also we need some more rural worlds and custom ones

good example to what I would like changed is newcrest for example
    which was supposed to be ''empty world for player to customize''
    but it is full of those fake old american houses and it looks totally off to make anything I want in it

good examples of worlds/places without fx houses in ts4?

forgotten hollow (though the middle square is bit limiting but i guess its vampire world so i will chill)
    island in windenburg
    hidden lots

now are those too empty? not really? (hidden lots are just ridiculously small)

they could easily make a world that only has natural decorations to it and no fx houses
    and it would not be ''too empty''
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited June 2019
    I am on both sides. Perhaps we can have some kind of hybrid which has real lots in an immediate area and have fake houses on the outskirts. Sims 2 had a pretty good map system. We could have our real lots and then just place (or remove) any fake houses from the map screen. I know that Belladonna Cove has real lots, but it does contain fake office buildings, which you can keep, remove, or add.
    The level of customization in that game is amazing!
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Please no more FX houses
    They look so different from all the houses I build, or even pre-made houses. It's this really noticeable clash.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I like FX houses
    If it means we have to go back to TS2 where it's just a barren wasteland? No way.
  • Options
    Please no more FX houses
    Gordy wrote: »
    They look so different from all the houses I build, or even pre-made houses. It's this really noticeable clash.

yeah I'm not really fond of whatever that style is
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I like FX houses
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    -MasonGamer - We have an amazing gallery of talented Simmers who make every kind of lot you can imagine - even some I never thought of and you see a point of wanting an unusable - empty fx lot -when that lot could have been filled in with an amazing usable lot of any kind.

That makes no sense at all. Those who want to make their own lot can when no fx fake lots are there - or if they don't have time or feel their lot is good enough - well the gallery is there for very purpose. Option is the answer - not taking away our creativity and options that have always been in the Sims series. If some had empty lots in previous games it is because they did not fill them and could have easily through shared ones every game has always had. Or games content devs make need to be usable - not more and more fake. How many houses where any of you live has fake buildings? It does not count if it is a movie lot. But truth is; especially for reality players and all the builders who play and build in these games - and they will tell you their frustrations in this game and how in real life there is no real fake buildings that real people see everyday unless they are actors and that is only at their job. There is enough fake in this game - but adding entire fake buildings, transportation, fake roads, fake - fake - fake - needs to stop.

Pegasys - As for the bogus excuse we got for the Get Famous world being so small - well that was as bogus as they come. If you believed that - you really do not know enough about gaming and making games.

Funny the same game with way more activity and such in the coming pack has 14-15 lots - can you see through the wool they pulled over your eyes and made you believe that spill? But here we are next ep - this one puts that one to shame almost - plenty of lots we the player can use - not fake ones, content that is mind boggling - nothing YET has changed- so you tell me why it is different in this ep and some of the eps before it?

I think they're just trying to prevent players from stuffing all the worlds with so many households that things slow down to a crawl after all the worlds are added - if we have 3+ more years of Sims 4, then we have most likely several more worlds planned... if all the lots visible were "real" and playable, that might mean, hmm maybe hundreds of households? And our saves would come crashing to a halt.

That's my best guess, anyway, but then, who knows? Only the devs know for sure.

I totally get about having clashing styles, and maybe if they could give us one or two truly blank worlds, like Newcrest, but without even any decoration whatsoever... maybe that would be a decent compromise? They're not going to undo all the decoration in the existing worlds.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited June 2019
    I don't mind it too much as one, we can hop and live in any world we like at any time now in this game and two, it makes each world unique and more fun to explore as it feels like they have their own culture and way of life. Some worlds could have a bit more lots; but other than that, I am o.k. with this. Also you can just remove most buildings and lots.