Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I’ve finally got stranger-vile

Hear was me thinking I wouldn’t like the pack I brought it coz of the sale & I'm a collector
I’m actually surprised how how I’m enjoying it so far I’m laughing at myself getting frustrated coz I can’t solve the mystery quicker then a sim week my current household has a full house so it’s hard to juggle all that and get it solved quickly
How was everyone’s first run through ? I curious to know everyone’s opinion

Happy simming everyone

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I played through twice, the first time my sim (only one in the household) kept running into problems and getting sick all the time. I believe her illness was related to the Get To Work illnesses. I ended up giving up on that game save, and attempted it a second time, again with a single sim. This sim did wonderfully, and I was able to get through without any setbacks. I did though accidentally get her infected twice.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I haven't done much with solving the mystery with rotation play and all. Some day though. No rush.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I had a household that I made after Seasons solve it. They were quite heavily skilled gardeners so it went very quickly. Ultimately I thought the story was pretty awful. But I liked the other stuff in the pack so I don't mind, I'm just glad I got it on sale.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2019
    My first sim moved there with her husband coz he was in the military and got deployed to Strangerville. While he was off to work, she started noticing more and more strange things. Although not too bothered at first, after becoming pregnant she knew she had to make the place safe for her kid. She needed to find out what was going on. That was story 1.

Story 2: I am playing a military base, it's the San Myshuno military that was sent there to find out what was going on and why none of the Strangerville scientists or any of its militaries seemed to be doing anything to stop it. That second time was actually more fun xD I wasn't too hurried about it either tbh, took me quite a while. And I'm still playing the base and all its members as a more self-made challenge kind of thing (à la, who to recruit , what must they achieve / what level must they be and when they can "retire" etc.) :D

I'll probably play through it again sometimes with another approach. I really enjoyed Strangerville.
  • Options
    SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
    edited June 2019
    I’m loving all you stories no spoilers please I still haven’t solved it
    still with the same family I’m using my first sim couple I ever made as I said before there a full house of Mother and father adult daughter twin teens (boy & girl) young child almost teen girl eldest daughters husband lives with them they have a son toddler
    I’m one my second sim week so now what I’m going to do is
    when they have a day off they will take it in turns to finish the story I can’t decide who I want to be the hero of the story my astronaut who is on his way to becoming famous or his wife who is top level spy
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Awesome @SamadamsPlayer Enjoy it!

I had my geeky teen, Randy, be the leader through the story. He called on the help of a couple of his high school friends, and also got his brother Ronnie involved at the end.

His brother Ronnie found him at a group home after they were split when their parents died and took him in to make a home for them, and to honour their parents love of "family".

Here's my lovable geek Randy and his friends. :)

9UoxWWF.png
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I got it too since it was on sale. I really like some of the BB items but I have to say honestly thus far I'm not really into the story.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I had a blast with it! A little tip, it helps to have a vampire with vampiric run. I had to go up and down that secret lab, collect evidence, and scan all around with that scanner. I did it with a team of 4 and the two vampires were zipping at around getting things done at the speed of light while my other two were just strolling along for what felt like hours. My only wish is that it was longer. I know we can do it again but then its kinda boring I wish it was more to do.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    RebeccaLynnRebeccaLynn Posts: 79 Member
    Yeah I got it when it was on sale and honestly worth the $12. Like it definitely gave me a decent bit of fun and some new cute clothes
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I’m done with my first play through I did like it However I’m a be disappointed with the end I was expecting something like people outside the lap cheering the heroes for a job well done or when I got to the bar to celebrate with a well deserved drink nothing no relation from anyone not even when I got home such a shame a little touch like that would have made a big difference but not knowing how to program a game maybe more difficult then I think I’m still going to do another play through with another family soon
    Happy simming everyone
    Post edited by SamadamsPlayer on
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I was surprised by how involved I got in solving the storyline 😂 I rolled my eyes hard when it was released and only bought it for the CAS/BB items, but it was definitely better than I was expecting. Glad you liked it!
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I adore Strangerville!
    One of my favorite things is how my Strangerville hero still gets fan mail. I love that she has a statue commemorating her awesome feat, and I love that she can brag about her exploits when chatting with other Sims!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    I completed the story and found out that even using the move objects chest I couldn't add fireworks to the lab as I wanted to see if there could be a way to block the entrance. Oh well, I did enjoy the story.
    My hero sim is in love with Cahill and will soon move on with him to start new ventures.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I bought it on sale also. I've not played it yet though. Many IRL problems have hampered my game lately, but when I finally got my Origin page working again, I bought it on sale and preordered IL. I would've bought it anyways as there is always interactions, traits, aspirations, build/buy, and so much else besides the main theme. I'm really a player who enjoys realism, family play, and me driven stuff, but I probably try it out after I have tired of Island Living.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I adore Strangerville!
    One of my favorite things is how my Strangerville hero still gets fan mail. I love that she has a statue commemorating her awesome feat, and I love that she can brag about her exploits when chatting with other Sims!

What ? Dose that only happen when you live in stranger vile ? I’d love it if that happened if you wasn’t living there did I miss something is there something wrong with my game ?

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Enjoy it, SV is a wonderful pack with great items and and an exciting story.
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I adore Strangerville!

Funny, none of that happened to me.
    The plant is dead, it said I have some sample of it which I can't find anywhere, can't find a statue anywhere (and I've looked in every lot in Strangerville, and bragging about it is never an option, even when the confident moodlet is active. Oh well, it was a fun ride all the same.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Ha ha. The only thing my sim ever got was bragging-rights. Not any of that fancy stuff. Loved that PT, will do it again when I get the right sim for it.
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Ha ha. The only thing my sim ever got was bragging-rights. Not any of that fancy stuff. Loved that PT, will do it again when I get the right sim for it.

At least your sim was able to brag about it. :P