Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you imagine The Sims 5?

Comments

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I imagine 5 will be the same as 4 with maybe a deeper basegame but I am not holding my breath.

We live in a time where they have to be inclusive and worry about triggers and that makes for another happy all the time "safe place" Sims 5 game with no fears and no problems which equal no depth. I hope I am wrong but I don't think so.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2019
    An Atlas S.E.E.D project game using EA'S's own Frostbyte 3.5 engine perhaps, and online always with cloud saves as described in the Atlas Project pages at EA.com and it's website. I think it will be announced in one and a half-to two years when that project is more ready and maybe come out in late 2022 or early 2023.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    To be honest, I personally think these threads are pointless because not everyone is gonna be happy. Like reading some of these I was shaking my head excited, but then I saw things I absolutely disagreed with and realized what’s the point. At the end of the day Maxis is gonna make Sims 5 how THEY want it. And we’ll either accept it or we won’t 🤷‍♀️
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• KTZKTZ Posts: 25 Member
    > @AquaGamer1212 said:
    > And we’ll either accept it or we won’t 🤷‍♀️

Oh we will...we always do :p

I imagine it will be graphically enhanced even further which will be their main focus,and I fear this will provide us with an even more shallow game depth than Sims4.
    But we'll see,I'm just hoping the modding community will stay strong.

• These are my top wishes:

1. More dynamic sims (smarter sims)
    2. Semi-open world (open neighbourhoods) minimum
    3. Layarable clothes (eg. to be able to put a separate shirt underneath a separate sweater with a separate jacket)
    4. Flowing hair (hair abiding by laws of physics)

Is layarable even a word? Haha, hopefully I made myself understandable.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    "How do you imagine The Sims 5?"

An engine upgrade for The Sims 3 compatible with all the existing packs and Store content.

Instead of starting from scratch Maxis should decide to improve and extend The Sims 3.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    An Atlas S.E.E.D project game using EA'S's own Frostbyte 3.5 engine perhaps, and online always with cloud saves as described in the Atlas Project pages at EA.com and it's website. I think it will be announced in one and a half-to two years when that project is more ready and maybe come out in late 2022 or early 2023.

I agree with you about the S.E.E.D. project. I can't see a TS5 without it since that is the goal for the entire company to start using that technology/AI for all their future games. If it should come out sooner, I do expect it to have many of the AI features and mechanics in TS5, they may have already finished and able to build a TS5 with some of it. But I do expect cloud saves, server worlds and all the AI that would change the game (as they promise) every time you load it. And also some of the AI that would make Sims respond and move differently as they promise for all their new shooter games with that AI.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    "How do you imagine The Sims 5?"

An engine upgrade for The Sims 3 compatible with all the existing packs and Store content.

Instead of starting from scratch Maxis should decide to improve and extend The Sims 3.

Please no! I hate the look of TS3.
    Because The Sims 5 will be a live service, they will do 5 years of TS3 content in 25 years... almost a service for life.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I can't. I'm still trying to imagine Sims 4.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    As very different from TS2, TS3 and TS4.

Which could either be a very good thing or very bad thing. All I know is TS4 should have been the game to combine the best of all the iterations, and it failed to do so. But, with TS5, I don’t think Maxis will be able to even just slap an open world back into the game and do the whole overplayed and arduous ~7 years of repeated DLC/failed concept DLCs like they’ve been doing. I do think TS5 will have to reinvent the series as a whole.

I don’t have much trust in Maxis to do it successfully given their track record, but as long as they stray away from multiplayer, online connectivity, and other genres The Sims is not, but stick faithfully to the life simulation genre, it has the best chance of being a hit.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited October 2019
    Sims 5
    1. Action/Drama I miss the action/drama in the Sims 4 like the firemen and burglars it was unexpected drama I hope Sims 5 can have both options of putting out the fire themselves or call the fire department. Burglars I miss the burglars because they were also unexpected drama and it was fun and I also like the burglars alarm and you have the option to beat up the burglar or all the police.
    2. I miss vechiles like all of them in Sims 4 it feels weird not seeing carpool and school buses if that's the case have some kids walk to school while others take the school bus or drive themselves, same thing with adults they can take carpool, taxi, city bus, walk, or drive themselves.
    3. Romance like the Sims 4 also took the romance gameplay like goose, make out in general like really.
    4. Wants/Fears/Memories I want them I. Sims 5 because that also is deeply missed in my opinion I mean I do like the emotions they can keep them but I also want the wants/fears and memories with it.
    5. More Backstories and personality like the reason Sims 2 did so well especially the premade family because they already had a Backstory we can either add on to that story or mess up the stories.
    6. Preteens I was the new stage Preteens because it's something new to add to the game.
    7. Funerals like everyone is sad to see a sim die and they wear black and eat afterwards celebration that Sims life.
    8. Kids playing Mary Mack again or more kids things.
    9. Bigger world I actually miss the big worlds with bigger lots.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    At this rate and what is popular, a probably even more watered down Sims 3. I don't expect seeing another Sims 2 or even 1.

What I want and probably won't get-A updated Sims 2 with Sims 4 CAS and all that. But add something new instead of just repeating everything as the game still works and not outdated, so there has be something amazing or don't see the point.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    As very different from TS2, TS3 and TS4.

Which could either be a very good thing or very bad thing. All I know is TS4 should have been the game to combine the best of all the iterations, and it failed to do so. But, with TS5, I don’t think Maxis will be able to even just slap an open world back into the game and do the whole overplayed and arduous ~7 years of repeated DLC/failed concept DLCs like they’ve been doing. I do think TS5 will have to reinvent the series as a whole.

I don’t have much trust in Maxis to do it successfully given their track record, but as long as they stray away from multiplayer, online connectivity, and other genres The Sims is not, but stick faithfully to the life simulation genre, it has the best chance of being a hit.

Online multiplayer as an optional gameplay mode would actually be really fun and with today's technology there's no reason why it couldn't work.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited November 2019
    With the way things have been going with TS4, TS5 might look something like this:
    latest?cb=20130415000538
    Sims, Building Tools, and Buy Mode Objects Sold Separately...In Lootboxes...

Cynical? Yes. Possible? Also yes.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    I'm hoping for the sims 5 to be on a different age level, it is too catered for the younger generations and seems to have forgot it's older players who have been playing since Sims 1.
  • simsgames2324simsgames2324 Posts: 20 Member
    Less cartoonish.
    With the way things have been going with TS4, TS5 might look something like this:
    latest?cb=20130415000538

Cynical? Yes. Possible? Also yes.

omg, this is my nightmare. :o
    edited December 2019

You're wrong... they will be free updates released 5 years later... :p
    edited December 2019

You're wrong... they will be free updates released 5 years later... :p

ROFL, or something like log in and see a message on the screen. A storm has hit your lot, you need to clean it up. Buy this hand to pick up the lot. Sims, building tools and buy objects sold separately at a later date, a grab bag of updates will happen six months later, hey kids, you can preorder it! before everyone else.

ETA: Hey kids! if you sign up for the premium service you can get a wall right now!
    Please pay the $5 to keep the trash can and mailbox. Beat the crowds! Preorder your UI hand to clean up the lot! Only $10!
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I think it will need to have several modes built into the game - a realistic mode, a supernatural mode, a rotational mode, a single household with story progression mode, a color wheel and an open world. I'm guessing that it might be a single world that kind of like Civilization is covered in clouds in the areas that you don't have access to. As content is added, clouds will be pulled back and other open parts of the world will be revealed.

I don't know how they can satisfy the story progression people and the rotational household people in the same game but I guess they can try to figure it out. If you can start easily with a blank world and add your own households, that might be one way. So, you'd have a pre-made mode with the back stories and a blank mode with an empty world. That's just what I am thinking it will be like. I'm sure there'd likely be some online option that I would not play. I REALLY don't want to play Second Life.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I think it will need to have several modes built into the game - a realistic mode, a supernatural mode, a rotational mode, a single household with story progression mode, a color wheel and an open world. I'm guessing that it might be a single world that kind of like Civilization is covered in clouds in the areas that you don't have access to. As content is added, clouds will be pulled back and other open parts of the world will be revealed.

I don't know how they can satisfy the story progression people and the rotational household people in the same game but I guess they can try to figure it out. If you can start easily with a blank world and add your own households, that might be one way. So, you'd have a pre-made mode with the back stories and a blank mode with an empty world. That's just what I am thinking it will be like. I'm sure there'd likely be some online option that I would not play. I REALLY don't want to play Second Life.

When Twallan made his NRAAS Story Progression mod for TS3, it allowed people to customize exactly what happens in their worlds. Don't want your inactive sims to cheat and run off with someone else, or change jobs, or move somewhere else, or skill up, or etc. etc.? That's the mod to use. It really is great for rotational play because all those inactive sims will do is just work and stay in love with their wives and families until you want to play with them. You can also speed up or slow down the rate at which the story progression goes - for me, I set it to a slower rate just because it's what I'm comfortable with. I REALLY LOVE that mod! Because usually, after completing a zombie apocalypse challenge, I like to follow it with a rebuilding or colony challenge where you have to rebuild each surviving family's lives and home lots and restore the town. So I hope the devs take a good look at it so they can implement its ideas - the ability to customize the game's story progression to a much greater extent in detail - and increase the game's gameplay styles so that everybody, including rotational can play it.

In terms of worlds, I'm from the TS3 mindset where worlds are large and we have Create-A-World so that we have hundreds of worlds, both large, medium and small, of many different types of environments to play with or even edit so that they are exactly as we want. I don't like the idea of just one world like with TS4 where you can't add new worlds or even edit the regions you already have.

I agree with online play though. I want complete control of my world. I don't want anyone else joining in and mucking it up. I wish that EA would just accept that.
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    At this point, I'mm not excited about sims 5 at all. The pattern is going down hill with the sims and half assin' everything. I won't be surprised if the next game is just two stick people and a stick dog.
    giphy.gif

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Color wheel
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEraDHYtnDA

Open world (I hate the constant loading screens)
    a256aFi.gif
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited December 2019

When Twallan made his NRAAS Story Progression mod for TS3, it allowed people to customize exactly what happens in their worlds. Don't want your inactive sims to cheat and run off with someone else, or change jobs, or move somewhere else, or skill up, or etc. etc.? That's the mod to use. It really is great for rotational play because all those inactive sims will do is just work and stay in love with their wives and families until you want to play with them. You can also speed up or slow down the rate at which the story progression goes - for me, I set it to a slower rate just because it's what I'm comfortable with. I REALLY LOVE that mod! Because usually, after completing a zombie apocalypse challenge, I like to follow it with a rebuilding or colony challenge where you have to rebuild each surviving family's lives and home lots and restore the town. So I hope the devs take a good look at it so they can implement its ideas - the ability to customize the game's story progression to a much greater extent in detail - and increase the game's gameplay styles so that everybody, including rotational can play it.

In terms of worlds, I'm from the TS3 mindset where worlds are large and we have Create-A-World so that we have hundreds of worlds, both large, medium and small, of many different types of environments to play with or even edit so that they are exactly as we want. I don't like the idea of just one world like with TS4 where you can't add new worlds or even edit the regions you already have.

I agree with online play though. I want complete control of my world. I don't want anyone else joining in and mucking it up. I wish that EA would just accept that.

Thanks very much for the information. I did play with TS3 but not with mods. I've never used mods or CC. I'm definitely not against TS3 but it is true that I strongly prefer having access to all of the "worlds" within a save and being able to travel between them. I like that better than having to pick one world and center everything around it. Instead, I can have sims from different worlds interact with each other, more like being able to travel in our world.

I think the point here is how difficult it is to please everyone with this concept. People want different things. I might not be entirely opposed to TS5 eventually but if it is basically a rehash of TS3, that wouldn't really work for me. I wouldn't be looking for a rehash of TS4 either but the integrated world concept is one that I wouldn't want to give up.

I played all of TS2 in Pleasantview because that's where I had one household that was the center of my play. I didn't experience the other worlds. In TS3, I had a bunch of saves, sometimes specific saves for different packs. It was fun but my own characters didn't connect because they were in different saves. My sims needed to live in a big house with all of the generations living there. So, unmodded, it was very different than TS4. I'm not saying it was bad but I like the rotational options now.

So many people are wanting an open world that to me in order to be impressive, TS5 would need to be a much larger singular world that unlocks as the player plays it, more like Skyrim but bigger with different landscapes and climates. It seems like that is basically what people are wanting because they don't want loading screens. If not then I don't think everyone can be satisfied. If you'll notice, in games like Skyrim, you usually only have a couple of other people in a given area at a time, typically in specific venues.

I've mentioned this but I'm hesitant to want to buy the same packs again for a while. I'm also happy with the game that I currently have going.

I typed this post in a hurry, so I corrected the typos.
    Post edited by ChampandGirlie on
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.