So this is a thread where you may just let out your creativity and go wild with your imagination about the future series of Sims game. Just imagine and speculate wildly (and politely of course).
The Sims 5, in my imagination, looks much more like TS3 based on some pictures/videos I've watched (I'd never played TS3 though). There will be a really really huge island, namely Sims Isle, as the base game world, and different regions will be unlocked when purchasing new packs. It means, instead of new worlds like TS4, TS5 will have regions turning from forest to an actual neighborhood/district with lots. Each region is the size of a TS4 world.
The base game would include three regions, while one of them is an empty region like Newcrest. As EP and GP release, there will be more and more regions unlocked like radiation (areas around existing regions would be developed first, not somewhere at the other side of the Sims Isle). Although there will just be one world in the early days of the game launches, there will be some more to be added in a new type of pack called World Pack (not exactly the same as TS3's WP, but larger).
Regions would be given a status like :
- Shopping District
- Vacation Destination
- University Campus
Certain "Region Status" would only come with packs released, like Village from a farming pack, Metropolis from a City Living-ish pack, etc. Each status gives a certain traits to the region, e.g. villages would be Off The Grid, shopping districts are exclusive for community lots, city and above enables apartments building, vacation destination enables hotel/resort lot type etc. All premade regions will have fixed region status while the empty regions enable us to develop, and their status will have chance to increase (for example from town to city due to development).
Talking about regions, there will be an open neighborhood feature which includes 1-8 lots in an open neighborhood. The only thing is that now you have the freedom to choose which group of lots should be included in one neighborhood as well as name them and give them neighborhood traits (not available for premades). There will be some basic but more advanced world editing tools, including but not limited to :
- Terrain tool (terrain heights (minimum changes, you can't turn a mountain into a deep valley), water tool, terrain surface)
- Infrastructure tool (straight and curved roads and streets, highway (can't build lots beside them), bridges, toll etc.)
- Decoration tool (foliage, road decors, street decors, statues etc.)
- Empty lot tool (can be placed on curved road, or even without attaching to any roads)
- Effect tool (cloud, rainbow, birds etc.)
- Transportation tool (railway, tram railway, bus stop, gas station)
The game will have an overhauled transportation system. There will be public transportation but with a certain conditions - you should have a station at a certain region if you want to make that region approachable. If you have a railway station (subway) lot type, you might build a railway for train.
Public transportation types :
- Taxis (called by phone, expensive, fast)
- Buses (must have bus stop, no station required, cheap, uncomfortable, medium waiting time)
- Trains (must have railway and station, price depends on distance, long waiting time, come in DLC)
- Tram (must have tram railway, no station required, middle price, comfortable, come in DLC)
- Airplane (must have airport, very expensive, fast, enables overseas (inter-worlds) traveling, come in DLC)
There should be vehicles in the base game too. In order for some of the vehicles to work, you may have to add petrol (as a rabbit hole interaction) at a gas station (not a lot type). You may get different licenses for different vehicles (yes, rabbit hole again) to drive them.
Normal transportation types :
- Walking (very slow, tiring, free)
- Bicycles (low speed, slightly tiring, bicycle costs money to buy, otherwise free of charge)
- Motorcycles (medium speed, not tiring, requires license, costs money to buy, requires petrol)
- Cars (high speed, requires license, comfortable (depends on model), expensive, requires petrol)
- Private jets (very fast, requires license, very expensive cost, requires diesel)
Other than that, the game will have a game changing new feature which is an overhauled financial system, which enables banks and ATMs to be placed. From this feature, personal account, investment, insurance, loans, inheritance and more would be possible.
The DLC packs coming will be more specific and organized as well (and cheaper). There would be these categories below :
- Expansion packs - adds new major features, new large region (20+ lots) unlocked, occasionally a new world, e.g. University, Seasons, City Living, Farming, Pets.
- Vacation packs - unlocks new vacation destination regions, enables vacationing, e.g. Island Vacation, Mountain Vacation, Jungle Vacation.
- Culture packs - unlocks new region of another culture, and with related new objects and CAS items, e.g. Asian pack, European pack, Caribbean pack.
- Lifestyle packs - adds new features in term of lifestyle, unlocks medium size new region (15+ lots), e.g. romantic pack, generations pack, hobby pack, shopping pack, nightlife pack.
- Game packs - adds new minor gameplay features, no new regions unlocked, e.g. active career pack, open a business pack, dine out pack.
- Stuff packs - adds new features and items based on a theme, no new regions unlocked, e.g. retro pack, spa pack, party stuff pack, teen stuff pack.
- Free packs - F.O.C, e.g. celebration pack, patches.
- Add-on packs - Requires certain EP/WP to be downloaded, e.g. a vacation pack or occult pack that requires an EP/WP to introduce a new world.
- World packs - Adds new world, introduces new items and features, usually larger than EP, e.g. magic world pack, future pack, into the past pack, underwater pack, underworld pack.
- Adventure packs - Introduces random events as new feature, adds new items, e.g. alien invasion pack, zombie apocalypse pack.
- Story packs - Introduces story progressions, may have mysteries to solve, introduces new region/world, features and items, e.g. StrangerVille.
- Occult packs - Introduces new type of occult coming with new region, features and items, usually are add-ons, e.g. Fairies pack, Vampires pack.