Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Trying to install CC

I just recently started playing Sims 3 again and I'm trying to install cc into my game. Whenever I put the resource file into my mods folder my game wont start. I click play in Origin and then the Sims 3 game launcher opens. I click play there and then the game starts for a second but then closes. Any suggestions on how to fix this?? Any help is much appreciated.

I know that the resource file is the problem because when I remove it the game runs just fine.

Comments

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Maybe the resource file isn't on the same patch as you? Try getting the resource file from another source.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2019
    This would be a good source for that. The downloadable Framework contains the required Resource.cfg file already in the correct place once the download is unzipped and placed into the TS3 user game folder in Documents. It's the same Resource. cfg file that we offer as a standalone at NRaas.
    http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files

If you are following any instructions that require adding things to the game's Program Files, that would be way outdated as everything changed after Patch 1.12 was released sometime in 2010.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • lxsrenicklxsrenick Posts: 83 Member
    @igazor The downloadable Framework is what I was using. I followed all the steps and I'm still having the same issue. The game starts but then crashes
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    So this is happening with no mods or CC added at all to the Mods\Packages folder other than the two test mods that come with the download? Note that removing Resource.cfg makes everything in Mods become inert because none of it will be read by the game, so the fault might be with something else that you added that the game is just not liking.

Something like TS2 or TS4 content sneaking its way into Mods\Packages will make the game crash, as can content that is malformed or not meant for your game's patch level.

If the crashing persists with only the two test mods and nothing else added, then there's a number of things you can try since we don't know exactly what is causing the problem.

1 - If you don't or haven't already done this, clear (delete) the five cache files from the top level of the TS3 user game folder in Documents. They will regenerate on the next attempted startup of the game.
    2 - Start over with a fresh download of the Framework file. Maybe the original download was flawed.
    3 - This is a bit more intrusive, but pull your entire game folder out of Documents to the Desktop for safekeeping (or rename it). The game will spawn a new, no-content game folder on its next startup. Back out of that and set up the Framework again. Any better? Your content and saved games will still be in the pulled-out folder, this is to test the game folder itself to see if that had become the culprit.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net