Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Ugly Stuff

jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
edited June 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
This is an idea for a stuff pack... and the things inside are not necessarily sought after, at least not anymore. Currently in the game, there are a lot of sleek and modern objects, hairstyles and clothing. I would definitely welcome a pack that contains some, let's say, interesting choices.

Here's a list of some ideas I have to include in TS4 Ugly Stuff. Please note, that everybody is entitled to their own opinions and tastes. In all honesty, I find some of the following hairstyles, fashion choices, objects (etc) appealing! Just because it is on the list doesn't make it bad or evil. Most of the following are things that were once considered in style, and unfortunately no longer are (according to online sources).

Hairstyles: Rat tails, mullets, beehives, bouffant hairdos, crimped hair, permed/teased hair, bowl cuts, frosted tips

Clothes/Accessories: bucket hats, (classic) Crocs shoes, Birkenstocks, Vibram toe shoes, gladiator sandals, pointy heels, costume jewelry, chokers, shutter shade sunglasses, patchwork/peasant bell bottoms, jnco jeans, overalls with bold patterned t-shirts, neon spandex, velour tracksuits, thin scarves paired with spaghetti strap tops, tube tops, neon windbreakers, popped collars, huge t-shirts, popcorn tops, sailor collars

Build/Buy Mode: New Linoleum options, carpeted walls, DIY spongepainted wallpaper, plaid wallpaper, decorative border wallpaper, glass block windows, waterbeds, inflatable couches, pastel "southwest" sofas, ruffles on everything from sofas to beds to curtains, lacy sheer curtains, console TVs, furry toilet seats, taxidermy dusty pastel heart and harlequin masks as wall hangings, "Live Laugh Love" but in Simlish wall decals, metal patio furniture, brass light fixtures

New Lot Type: Donation Center (where sims can unload old items, or pick up "new" things on the cheap)

Ok, so maybe this is just a rehashed TS3 '70s, '80s, '90s Stuff. But maybe it could go somewhere.

What do you think? More importantly, what would you add to these lists or change about the pack?
Post edited by jadonbakes on

Comments

• Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited June 2019
    I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I love "ugly" fashion and decor, especially if it's vintage or thrifted.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    That sounds pretty great! I'd love to have that in my game.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    edited June 2019
    I would get that pack in an instant, shabby chic is everything <3

Maybe even add super cheap & uncomfortable beds and couches with fluff falling out and exposed springs, and some tattered, poorly sewn-up toys for the kidduns, lol
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    jadonbakes wrote: »
    What do you think?

tenor.gif?itemid=11019764

More importantly, what would you add to these lists or change about the pack?
    Add everything from Kath and Kim

giphy.gif
    tumblr_mge3acvwwd1qj3v18o3_250.gif
    anigif_sub-buzz-12602-1468797290-2.gif
    7s9f.gif
    602f41c07d808461c4f0df94a37ac099.jpg
    b73118ddf40a1db7467caa99b0f9927b.jpg
    3bde68661fdbc87a32edd418d83dfafc.jpg

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    And then all townies would use these clothes, my idea of ugly stuff would be bandit clothing pack, you know, torn clothes, ugly dirt etc.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    I'd so want it. But it's never going to happen. I also wish clothes had some "dirty swatches" and we got more messy, dirty looking hair. We have too many prom queen hairs. Would also love a pair of overalls with no shirt, for men (okay if the farming pack happens, this one could happen too).
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    Townies would be so excited to try out these new looks
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    jooxis wrote: »
    I'd so want it. But it's never going to happen. I also wish clothes had some "dirty swatches" and we got more messy, dirty looking hair. We have too many prom queen hairs. Would also love a pair of overalls with no shirt, for men (okay if the farming pack happens, this one could happen too).

oooohh! Yeah!
    Clothes should have two levels of dirtiness...
    An 'oops I spilled my dinner/drink/ice cream' and a dirtier level, like you're a slob, and you haven't changed your clothes for a week
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Mullets :joy::joy:

I'd definitely move that sim into the trailer park in Strangerville xD Bring it on.
  • Options
    @Movotti those Kath & Kim photos are exactly the right thing. I love the weirdo sweaters they're wearing in the escalator, but not sure what to call those anymore.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited June 2019
    Oh I LOVE this! I'd buy a pack like this so fast make your head spin! :) I'd also add the following items:

BIG flowered wallpaper and coverings for couches and overstuffed chairs
    Platform shoes/thigh high boots in gold or silver colors. Put some fish swimming around in the heel and you're groovin' baby!
    Run down doors hanging half off their hinges
    Partially broken windows
    Cracked linoleum flooring with edges sticking up, just more run down looking flooring period would be nice.
    Dead and/or drooping potted plants
    Empty, used looking cardboard boxes big enough for Sims to 'live' inside
    Bare (no sheets) stained mattresses with stuffing coming out
    Rusty sinks/tubs/showers that constantly drip and make the bills increase
    Hot Plates
    Pork Rinds
    'Juice' bottles in brown paper bags
    Burning barrels
    Other rusty objects such as; broken push mowers, wheel barrow without a wheel, old toilet (bonus if it has flowers or weeds growing in it), broken fencing, grocery cart/trolley, outhouses, old broken toys like a doll with ratty hair and one eye missing, etc. Clutter like that to decorate the lawn. ;)
    Black lights and posters, disco ball
    More tattered curtains or curtains falling off the rod
    Empty food containers to litter the floor such as; potato chip bag, Chinese take-out containers, half eaten sandwich, etc.
    Bring back death by roaches!
    Bean Bag chairs
    Hanging macrame chairs or egg chairs

Okay, stopping right here. I could go on forever with ideas for a pack like this! lol <3
  • Options
    DiamondPandaDPDiamondPandaDP Posts: 43 Member
    OO MAYBE giant items like:
    GINORMOUS chair
    GINORMOUS couch
    GINORMOUS desk

and event giant sims that are green and stuff. We could make this pack go places! Although it would prob be a game pack because of that new lot. Owning a thrift store if you have this and Get to Work would be cool too.
    -DiamondPanda
    If I help you please note I do not work for EA. Have a nice day :smiley:
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited June 2019
    I'd love this. There would have to be an antique or junk shop so that they could be bought and sold plus the possibility that some items might be found to be very valuable or historic items. Queen Victoria's underwear for example....absolutely true! :D

Those highly permed and tight crimped hairstyles though would be useful for elders but only the over 80's as they went out of fashion for the under 80's. Some men, especially ex-rockers still use the long straggly hair and rat's tails. I saw a couple of them this last month as the oldies are making come-backs and fashionable again.

• Options
    Simburian wrote: »
    plus the possibility that some items might be found to be very valuable or historic items.

That's awesome. Like an antiques roadshow. There would be an appraiser NPC. And maybe a hoarding trait, or a "treasure" aspiration.