March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Catastrophe Theory (Updated 12/07/22)

Comments

• citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Aww, Claudia remembering her mom was sad.

Mike chill dang (although the bee box pickup line was pretty great)
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Dollyllama108Dollyllama108 Posts: 268 Member
    @citysimmer

He is never getting that bee box.

He doesn't deserve a bee box.
    banner_both.jpg
    Catastrophe Theory: If, through loose ends, we could resume/Unrav'ling defects from the loom/And soften as the shuttle mends---/Then save for me a few loose ends!
    Haunted: Picture Oscar Wilde dating Willy Wonka, also Oscar Wilde is still dead
    True, true
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

edited November 2019
    Sometimes this story asks questions it can't answer.

This fortnight, the question is "Why do people think it's weird to microwave limes?"

Count the number of problematic relationship dynamics: Look What You've Done to Me, Xishu Liu
    banner_both.jpg
    Catastrophe Theory: If, through loose ends, we could resume/Unrav'ling defects from the loom/And soften as the shuttle mends---/Then save for me a few loose ends!
    edited November 2019
    Well, at least Chantel isn't slashing the tires of Shu's car or something
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

@citysimmer Haha! It's like "Before He Cheats," except I'm pretty sure it's impossible to cheat on Shu, and he's a Sim so he doesn't have a car.
    banner_both.jpg
    Chrome blocked the forums for a couple days, so this one was posted almost a week ago. Let's see what Kenny's up to, okay?

Off with your head, dance till you're dead: Tarantella
    banner_both.jpg
    I didn't realize how much of an effect losing Chantel would have on Shu. :'( It's so obvious how much Chantel thinks she needs Shu for everything but I didn't realize Shu felt that way to a certain extent too.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

@citysimmer True! It's hard to stay in a relationship that unstable if you're not getting anything out of it.

Last chapter was over a week late, but this one's on time. Wouldn't want people to get the impression I post more than once every two weeks.

We finally meet River Indigo in Bathed in Blue: The Induction of a Legend

I love River Indigo. I love them. (Funfact: River got the 'Refined Palate' quirk after eating nothing but cheesy eyeballs for a week.)
    banner_both.jpg
    For the holidays, here's a gift for anyone who spent any amount of time yelling "DO SOMETHING" at Claudia.

Claudia almost does something: Unlike Mike (Part I)

The second half may be finished by next Sunday; you know how the holidays go, who can say? The second half has POSES :0 :0 :0
    banner_both.jpg
    And now we come to the part with poses! Even better, proof that Bernard can absolutely lay down the law when he wants to.

When your friends are a perfect couple and have great, supportive advice for dealing with your unstable relationship, but you have to tolerate how adorable they are to get it: Unlike Mike (Part II)

(Funfact about this chapter: Bernard's lines ALONE took over 10 hours to write, to say nothing of the rest of the chapter, posing, or screenshots.)
    banner_both.jpg
    So I already posted this link in the other forum thread about Venus in Retrograde, which also credits my collaborators---but that's also tied into the main storyline, so here it is again.

New people, this is a great chapter to read first! No spoilers, storytelling style is up-to-date, no bad words in this one. Part II would also be okay. The next three chapters after that, not so much. Those are spoileriffic and should be avoided until you know the characters well.

But first, band auditions: Venus in Retrograde Rising (Part I)
    banner_both.jpg
  • IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    Wow, what a beefy chapter! I just finished reading it, and I love what you've done with it. Your writing is superb, refering to Rhiannon as "Going to or planning Cochella" LOL. You give characters a really rounded feel, and I can't wait to see what drama they get into.
    jzZP0sJ.png
    Juliet finally makes her appearance! I love that she's performing "Cuz I love you"
    Also Neala's face after Thora's audition :joy:
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    edited February 2020
    Loving how Part 1 went. The way each audition was framed with how each sim responded to River's interview was well crafted as well as how Juliet's audition she was intimidated by the panel while in Thora's audition the panel was intimidated by Thora, clearly showing the personalities of each musician. Also, Thora's cover letter sounds like the most amazing cover letter ever.

Can't wait to see the rest of the auditions.
    Post edited by VanPelt81 on
    @Irishsong Neala was by far the easiest to write! Give me a wet-blanket workaholic type and I'll follow them to the ends of the earth. I kid; she's more fun than I'm giving her credit for, and makes the best faces. (I also love 'beefy' in this context.)

@citysimmer It's Juliet!! After I saw Lizzo break out the surprise jazz flute at her Tiny Desk Concert, I knew this would be perfect for her. Woodwinds represent!

@VanPelt81 To be fair, I'm intimidated by Thora. She seems very well-loved! But she's fun to write; I'm trying to come up with an excuse for her to actually set something on fire.

Thanks for reading and participating, everyone! I'm more than open to ideas, feedback on how to best represent the characters, and that sort of thing.
    banner_both.jpg
    Alright! I missed, missed, and then met this totally reasonable deadline I set for myself, and Part II is now up:

Venus in Retrograde (Part II)

So the estimated reading time is 35 minutes, if you're wondering why it took so long. Big, meaty, hearty chapter. Enjoy.
    banner_both.jpg
    edited March 2020
    Felt really bad for Jazz's audition and their lack of conficence though during the audition thugh I'm glad that River is helping the poor kid out. I did laugh at Neala's sigh of relief that it wasn't a metal song with the amps turned to 11 (picturing Jazz's adutition immediately after Thora's for some reason).

Aries and Gorman's dymanic is awesome. Gorman is definitely like Mike Taylor from the "Somebody I Used To Know" cover which fits his personality perfectly and Aries would be a blast at house parties with. Though now I want to see how Grunge Night at Patton's will now go with the full band members together. >:)

Loving Thora's strange friendship complete with the educing of Neala's ulcers due to their preferred contact methods. >:)
    Those two Bechdel test jokes were great. I really felt for Jazz. That mashup you made for Chantel's part was great.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

@citysimmer LOL, the Bechdel test thing wasn't even intentional. It's so far off from satisfying the Bechdel test for straight white men: Gorman would have to talk to Chantel's dad, because those are the only two with speaking roles. Bahahaha.

I'm so glad you like the mashup! Thanks for reading!
    banner_both.jpg
    Hey y'all!

The last couple of chapters are looooong. I've decided to break them into smaller scenes so I can update more regularly and frequently. This also means the first half of this one is less spoilery, so go ahead and read it if you're not caught up.

Hector rants about school lunch, is anyone ever gonna feed the dog: Sunshine and Laughter (Part I)

Stay safe, folks!
    banner_both.jpg
  • IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    Huh, I wonder how this will relate to the rest of the story.
    jzZP0sJ.png
    @Irishsong Oh, I think I understand. Catastrophe Theory has over 40 chapters and 13 main characters, and the Venus in Retrograde bits are only a small part of the main story. I'll be sure to post those in their own thread!
    banner_both.jpg
    Hey y'all!

The last couple of chapters are looooong. I've decided to break them into smaller scenes so I can update more regularly and frequently. This also means the first half of this one is less spoilery, so go ahead and read it if you're not caught up.

Hector rants about school lunch, is anyone ever gonna feed the dog: Sunshine and Laughter (Part I)

Stay safe, folks!

I didn't see anyone feed the dog. We were left with a cliffhanger as a result. ;)

Anyone else get this in their head from reading the chapter title or am I just weird...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmo01XlGWfM
    Hey y'all!

Stay safe, folks!

Oof somehow I missed this until now. Uh...at least Claudia isn't drinking? I sense drama coming.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg