Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Curfews

Hey all. In my Sims games, so many people--the children especially-are out all hours of the night. And the next day, they're too exhausted for work or school. How do you set a town curfew for everyone?

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2019
    Curfews are for children and teens. If you are relying on EA for story progression, then there aren't any controls. I don't recall the curfew system breaking down for me under EA standard, but it wouldn't surprise me if it does.

If you are using NRaas mods, the controls for curfews are part of StoryProgression. We can also restrict certain lots from allowing SP to push sims to them by age group, so children shouldn't be showing up at more adult open late venues like bars and dance clubs for example. I believe that AwesomeMod has its own way of handling these things. I have to wonder if some of these things are world-specific as I don't have my SP curfews set very strictly and I never see children out and about in the middle of the night as others sometimes report. For teens it will depend on their traits.

YAs and older will be pushed out to enjoy things in the town also as per their traits and whatever it is your sims are doing at the time to make the town feel busy. Their resulting energy drains should really only be temporary, the game itself is supposed to take care of sims' basic needs for them when they are off-screen. But NRaas SP also has settings that control after-work (thus after-hours) pushes on the inactives. If you are using additional mods like More Sims in Clubs and Townies Out on the Town to name a couple of famous ones, of course those will also have an impact.

Note that if you happen to be playing Uni World, then all bets are off. There is very little logic to what sims do with their autonomy in that world.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Maniac4uManiac4u Posts: 51 Member
    Hey all. In my Sims games, so many people--the children especially-are out all hours of the night. And the next day, they're too exhausted for work or school. How do you set a town curfew for everyone?

Kinda odd curfews don't work for you. My sims constantly get caught when out late and then grounded lol
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Curfews only work with active sims. None of the other teens and children in town ever get taken home by the police.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    We can also restrict certain lots from allowing SP to push sims to them by age group,

Sorry to hi-jack thread, but how do you do that? I assume under castes?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    We can also restrict certain lots from allowing SP to push sims to them by age group,

Under SP > Lot Options on the lot(s) in question, we can set Caste:Required or Caste:Disallow as desired. The NRaas GoHere mod must also be present for these SP Lot Options to be honored.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    igazor wrote: »

Under SP > Lot Options on the lot(s) in question, we can set Caste:Required or Caste:Disallow as desired. The NRaas GoHere mod must also be present for these SP Lot Options to be honored.

Thanks! I just installed gohere.I'm under disallow and I don't see an option for children, I see an option for teenagers.I'm trying to stop kids from being at night clubs lol.
  • Options
    @GraceyManor - There is no built-in Automatic Caste for children, you would have to create one from City Hall, NRaas > SP > Caste Options > New > (name of caste), set the type to Automatic rather than manual, then age restrict to children. Or instead if you have YA, Adult, and Elder castes, I think you could use Caste Require and use those three.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!