February 14 - It's Friday. What does that mean in The Sims forums? Time to highlight some awesim discussions!
February 12 - We released a small patch for The Sims 4 on console. Find patch notes in the ‘Latest Patch Notes’ section!

How do you recolor Cakes?

I'm a newbie when it comes to customization and I just wanna know step-by-step on how to get the textures/colors to work. Also, the cake itself doesn't show up for me when testing the textures, only the plate. The only thing I can see is the mesh templates.

I'm using PC and Gimp btw.

Comments

• hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 97 Member
    edited July 2019
    . . . .
    Post edited by hellokitty1496 on
    edited December 2019
    Help.
    Post edited by hellokitty1496 on
  • s4diversitys4diversity Posts: 29 Member
    edited January 26
    Hi!

I hope you've found a solution. If not can I still help you? Which cake do you want to recolor? If it's the birthday cake, it's a bit tricky because it's not showing up in S4Studio, but it's there:

s4s-birthday-cake.jpg
    My Simblog* Gallery ID: S4Diversity
    edited January 27
    @s4diversity It actually was the birthday cake that I wanted to try out 😊. Any food related item will do really, cakes just seemed super fun to do at the time.
    @hellokitty1496 Food is fantastic in many ways in TS4 but to recolor... it's a nightmare haha. Some items use several different textures, some textures are shared with other items, each item can have 4 or 5 meshes... I think you had just the plate because you were on the "empty" mesh:

cake1.jpg

if you click on this mesh, the cake is here:

cake2.jpg

@s4diversity
    Yeah, but how do people make their cakes look crisp and not muddy? Isn't there tuning involved?
    @hellokitty1496 Without pic hard to tell if something is going wrong. Have you tried up-scaling a bit your texture? (the default is 256x256, which is really small). Here's a try with a bigger texture, it looks ok to me:

cake.jpg