Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm Of Magic World Speculation (With Pictures)

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    Love the pictures people have shared so far as to what their idea of a "Realm of Magic" would resemble. For me, it's something a bit more like...

2224885-bigthumbnail.jpg

Floating-Island-fantasy-38740641-1600-900.jpg

071eb6644daf10ec7ee3711b333a0f5e.jpg

But I like the above ideas too, and a return of something like Magic Town would also make me happy. As long as there are NO MODERN FX BUILDINGS in the background of said magic realm, I'll be happy.

I love the game, but the FX buildings in the background of most of the worlds really break immersion if you're trying to do anything outside the box with your neighborhood. :/ I am personally hoping for no fx buildings period, but if they add them, I'm crossing my fingers they'll be outside the box and fantastical in nature. Anything but modern. >.<

this I'm honestly happy with anything as long as there is no fx buildings so we can build whatever we want without being tied to style
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    edited June 2019
    mika wrote: »
    I think it's going to be more similar to an updated, alternate version of Magic Town from The SIMS. Since it's a GP I doubt we will have many lots but hopefully more than Forgotten Hollow.

sims_4_fanmade_map__cidade_da_magia___magic_town_by_filipesims-daoub5o.jpg

This is a world map made by another simmer, filipesims. It's inspired by Magic Town

I’d personally like a couple more smaller lots but that’s just me. Otherwise it looks amazing, I love the area to the right how the coloring is a bit different 💙
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I love the beautiful pictures in the OP and the ones posted by @Ceres_Meiriona ! :smile:

Yes, I would like a beautiful fantasy-themes feel, either medieval fantasy or something like faery-like.

Cottages for witches or swampy shacks would be cool as well. :blush:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
    Since the island living pack closely resembles the movie Moana, I think the Realm of Magic pack will closely resemble Harry Potter.
    2ynjgg8.png
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    mika wrote: »
    I think it's going to be more similar to an updated, alternate version of Magic Town from The SIMS. Since it's a GP I doubt we will have many lots but hopefully more than Forgotten Hollow.

sims_4_fanmade_map__cidade_da_magia___magic_town_by_filipesims-daoub5o.jpg

This is a world map made by another simmer, filipesims. It's inspired by Magic Town

This actually looks really good!!

~EA_Joz
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Personally the circus theme does nothing for me and we’ve already had it but I’m loving the other ideas! They have such a magical vibe!
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    These two remind me of fantasy/realm.

2la7kea.jpg

ztid3.jpg
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Love the pictures people have shared so far as to what their idea of a "Realm of Magic" would resemble. For me, it's something a bit more like...

2224885-bigthumbnail.jpg

But I like the above ideas too, and a return of something like Magic Town would also make me happy. As long as there are NO MODERN FX BUILDINGS in the background of said magic realm, I'll be happy.

I love the game, but the FX buildings in the background of most of the worlds really break immersion if you're trying to do anything outside the box with your neighborhood. :/ I am personally hoping for no fx buildings period, but if they add them, I'm crossing my fingers they'll be outside the box and fantastical in nature. Anything but modern. >.<

Pretty! Do you know where the third photo is from? Like the artist etc
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I am hoping for a Romania inspired world even though I am not into the whole magic thing. Hopefully it will have some surprises for me that will make me want to buy it.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

2224885-bigthumbnail.jpg

YES!!! This is awesome. We are getting one pack with magic so please let it be magical.

Please please no normal buildings in the background that distracts from the stories. There are multiple worlds for those who want their sims to have a normal life with a light sprinkle of magic on top. This is hopefully the magical world that I have been waiting for! Stories of magical kingdoms, or forgotten little villages. I got imagination in spades and can play make believe with most things as long as we don’t have a quaint little present day suburbia in the background.
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member

2224885-bigthumbnail.jpg

If we were to receive any world that resemble the pictures above.. I’d have a Britney Spears show down.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I like all the pictures. I have played many fantasy games in my time. Those do give a special vibe. If I could get a 'GP' with all those places it would be quite special. But I doubt I see any of that stuff or scenes in the game. But a world built with all those scenes would be a very special world and I just don't see a GP being able to pull it off or have many different places.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    seeing all these pictures I think ''floating islands'' sort of world would be really cool :love:
    they have never done it in sims game but I feel it would be so pretty in sims 4
  • jimjam1009jimjam1009 Posts: 165 Member
    I would like to either have a Irish Druid inspired world or bring back magic town. Although Plumbella mentioned a world that was similar to Salem Massachusetts. And since I live close to there and go a lot, this would be soooo cool.
  • gustavowizardgustavowizard Posts: 616 Member
    i want to know if they are going to add fairies too or just witches... i want to see both
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    @RememberJoy, @PlanetSixam and @Ceres_Meiriona, wow! You really got me dreaming with those amazing pictures! <3

As I said in another thread, the two most important aspects for me about a magic pack are a beautiful world and diverse magic. Personally, I'm hoping for a forested world like Granite Falls, and that witches aren't all the same or just good and evil. Right now I'm looking forward to the pack and fearing it at the same time, because I've been waiting for it for so long, and if it turns out to be a disappointment, that would be a game breaker for me.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited July 2019
    I personally think of Legend of Zelda or The Elder Scrolls.

Hyrule Castle
    legend_of_zelda___hyrule_castle_by_minionslayer_daq6xf8-fullview.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTg5IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmI0NTIxMTAtYTJiOS00OGY4LWI5YjQtZDFlNTliZTk1MGNhXC9kYXE2eGY4LWVmM2Y1NjQyLTM2NGYtNGQ4Yy05ZGI2LTIzM2EzOWYwYjVkMi5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyMyJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.2YCwV8f-yEeR-RK6xLhaHIGpWm4U14nGAo8lyF_fjT4

High Rock
    Daggerfall/Wayrest:
    latest?cb=20141004212441
    eso_df_castle.jpg

Summerset
    Alinor:
    9938e9d37c97c9bab4a29dece80d7aa7_royal-alinor-capital-of-the-high-elves_original.jpg

Because really I'm Just going to build a Kingdom So I need a 64x64 lot, or bigger.
    Debating on putting the King's castle or My Sorcerer's Castle on the main lot. pending on how Big the world would look
    If it's a larger world than Forgotten Hollow then I'll place the King's Castle there. but if It's around the same size as Forgotten Hollow then it will be the Sorcerer's Castle.
    I would just love a Nice village/Castle town around the castle. and then a wise open plains with a forest area to explore.

Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • JnyxJnyx Posts: 273 Member
    Corenren wrote: »
    Since the island living pack closely resembles the movie Moana, I think the Realm of Magic pack will closely resemble Harry Potter.

the island living pack only resembles Moana because they're based on the same cultures. So it really just resembles Polynesian culture.
    I doubt it will resemble Harry Potter all that much, even though that's all anyone seems to want.
    Jnyx wrote: »

the island living pack only resembles Moana because they're based on the same cultures. So it really just resembles Polynesian culture.
    I doubt it will resemble Harry Potter all that much, even though that's all anyone seems to want.

tbh id rather its not like hp because i mean if i wanted that i could just play hp game tbh :confused: like dun get me wrong i like hp but i also feel like it has its own witch type representation problems
  • ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    I would really love to have a part of the world placed in the middle of the woods, I imagine some little lots without roads sourrounded by pines and trees where you can build a little witch or fairy house. I would love to have a little lagoon or swamp area in the middle of the wood, where sirens could swing, and you could go fishing and look for magical frogs, maybe. About the animation and effects, I want to be able to collect differents owl feathers and I want to hear some owl hooting at down and night, among with a distant wolf howling. I want a residencial area, town-like, with dirt roads or stone roads maybe, very fairy tale - like, with square and a little market. There could be two dirt roads from the town, one could carry you to the deep woods, and other to a castle, maybe. And I'm really hoping for more interactions or anything occuring in Sylvan Glade. I really wish you could "catch" fairies there, as we can catch insects in granity falls, and then it could have an option like "release the fairy" that would boost a very happy mood, or something like that.
    Oh, and, I really want colorful mushrooms added to plants and flora so you can decor your garden and terrain.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    edited July 2019
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Jnyx wrote: »

tbh id rather its not like hp because i mean if i wanted that i could just play hp game tbh :confused: like dun get me wrong i like hp but i also feel like it has its own witch type representation problems

I'm thinking along the same lines, I like Harry Potter but I don't want it to become a forefront theme of the pack and it's likely that I'd lose a lot of interest in the pack if it were.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
    Something like that.