Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm Of Magic World Speculation (With Pictures)

With a title like "Realm Of Magic", this upcoming game pack leads me to believe there will definitely be a new world included. I'd like to share what I'd like to see and start a discussion about what this world might look like.

For starters, 'realm' immediately makes me think medieval fantasy. I'd like to see a European styled world with a sprinkling of fantastical elements. I'm picturing at least two neighborhoods (would like three but not holding my breath) with three to five lots in each.

The first neighborhood would be a village nestled on the side of a mountain with a lot at the very top to build a castle. There would be a town square here where you can trade for magical ingredients. It would be awesome if it were next to a mountain lake (preferably swimable for any visiting mermaids).
qalEYUc.jpg
wM1k4Ef.jpg

The other neighborhood would be located in a magical forest where at night you can see fairy lights dancing in the distance. All the lots would be spread out to give a sense of isolation. In between you could wander the wood in search of ingredients you can trade or use in potions. There could also be a lake or swamp in this neighborhood with a single lot located on the water like in Island Living, but this isn't essential.
zH84aWV.jpg
tEEn8li.jpg

As for the architecture, I'm thinking a lot of stone and weathered woods. Another thatch roof like the one we got is Island Living only more weather worn would also be nice. I want to be able to live in everything from a fairy cottage to a dilapidated shack.
ii9dsOH.jpg
W9piVF2.jpg

If done this way we could have that old time magic feel without it feeling out of place next to the other worlds. I could also see it being based on Ireland or Scotland for more of a druidic feel.

Feel free to share your thoughts and ideas.

Comments

• SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    'Realm' makes me think of castles
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    With a title like "Realm Of Magic", this upcoming game pack leads me to believe there will definitely be a new world included. I'd like to share what I'd like to see and start a discussion about what this world might look like.

For starters, 'realm' immediately makes me think medieval fantasy. I'd like to see a European styled world with a sprinkling of fantastical elements. I'm picturing at least two neighborhoods (would like three but not holding my breath) with three to five lots in each.

The first neighborhood would be a village nestled on the side of a mountain with a lot at the very top to build a castle. There would be a town square here where you can trade for magical ingredients. It would be awesome if it were next to a mountain lake (preferably swimable for any visiting mermaids).
    qalEYUc.jpg
    wM1k4Ef.jpg

The other neighborhood would be located in a magical forest where at night you can see fairy lights dancing in the distance. All the lots would be spread out to give a sense of isolation. In between you could wander the wood in search of ingredients you can trade or use in potions. There could also be a lake or swamp in this neighborhood with a single lot located on the water like in Island Living, but this isn't essential.
    zH84aWV.jpg
    tEEn8li.jpg

As for the architecture, I'm thinking a lot of stone and weathered woods. Another thatch roof like the one we got is Island Living only more weather worn would also be nice. I want to be able to live in everything from a fairy cottage to a dilapidated shack.
    ii9dsOH.jpg
    W9piVF2.jpg

If done this way we could have that old time magic feel without it feeling out of place next to the other worlds. I could also see it being based on Ireland or Scotland for more of a druidic feel.

Feel free to share your thoughts and ideas.

I agree I would like to see some Medieval aspects to the pack. Maybe even some magical animals.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    what about the world of harry potter pouddlar castle included?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    there was that concept art that i really loved but abandoned during sometime during development of the game and i wish they'd do something with but i think they'll go a different direction with the wording "realm"

but still cool concept art for a witchy-vibe:
    proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FhB355eg.jpg&hash=23437f0d9c5cc6acfcb5ecaa9f57a6c8

proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FPD1bKPl.jpg&hash=0aae32df62f3cbffea8c02b58012667c

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Ffarm8.staticflickr.com%2F7433%2F16243216900_15bf9b67e8_c.jpg&hash=9889a8a83bda1d0ab3bc057938baab46

tumblr_om9xop8owQ1t0eveto1_500.png
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    I'd die for some medieval content in Sims 4. That's my jam, and an older theme would spice up my political power game stories. But any cozy, isolated fantasy setting with an older touch would be a breath of fresh air.

I wouldn't write off a modern idea either, though. I would also accept something like Magic Town: a dark, mysterious forest with a creepy carnival. If anyone saw American Horror Story: Freak Show, I'm picturing that sort of atmosphere. Normal sims would come and see a show and think they're witnessing stage magic, but the citizens of the town know what's really going on. I'd honestly prefer an isolated town, though.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    I'd definitely love magical castle and European feel! With strange forests and magical creatures 😁 I cant wait, I love all things magic and witchy so I'm super happy ita in the making!
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    This is the pack I have been wanting for so long. I truly hope "realm" does indeed mean we have a new town and not just a more ephemeral idea of the spread of magic unrooted in place. I will admit I would like it to have the ability to spread, but also have a home base. As with vampires it would be good to have a centre for the magic, with beings who have always been magical but also with the ability for mortal sims to learn and perhaps even become masters themselves. And of course, I hope it has light and shade, not just bland nothingness. I will admit I hope it is not connected to any popular series of books or films, there is too rich a heritage of magic to confine it to kids go to boarding school. Most people suspect university will be next, and that gives those who would like to play that story the opportunity to do it themselves by combining both packs and saves those of us who don't like it having to do so.
  • DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member
    I loveee your ideas, I personally would also want a bazaar where witches and warlocks trade magical ingredients and potions.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I’d love this kind of world! I’d love if they included secret lots that you could travel to like the grotto or the hermit’s home in granite falls. It would really add to the idea of the world being connected to special, secret ‘realms’. Forested areas would be ideal. I’d love to see new herbs and plants that you’d have to forage for in the woods.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    what about the world of harry potter pouddlar castle included?

I'm not overly familiar with Harry Potter so I'm not sure what this would look like, but I personally hope they don't lean too heavily on any one fictional story as inspiration. It can make it feel a little too niche.

cheescaeks wrote: »
    there was that concept art that i really loved but abandoned during sometime during development of the game and i wish they'd do something with but i think they'll go a different direction with the wording "realm"

but still cool concept art for a witchy-vibe:

tumblr_om9xop8owQ1t0eveto1_500.png

I love that last outfit and hair so much! I think they could pull off doing a mix of old and new in CAS like they did with vampires.

Gordy wrote: »
    I'd die for some medieval content in Sims 4. That's my jam, and an older theme would spice up my political power game stories. But any cozy, isolated fantasy setting with an older touch would be a breath of fresh air.

I'd love some more Medieval vibes in my game too, not to mention the new lot trait Off The Grid is a perfect fit for a witch's cottage in the woods. I hope they introduce more off the grid gameplay with this pack.

LMcGE wrote: »
    This is the pack I have been wanting for so long. I truly hope "realm" does indeed mean we have a new town and not just a more ephemeral idea of the spread of magic unrooted in place. I will admit I would like it to have the ability to spread, but also have a home base. As with vampires it would be good to have a centre for the magic, with beings who have always been magical but also with the ability for mortal sims to learn and perhaps even become masters themselves. And of course, I hope it has light and shade, not just bland nothingness. I will admit I hope it is not connected to any popular series of books or films, there is too rich a heritage of magic to confine it to kids go to boarding school. Most people suspect university will be next, and that gives those who would like to play that story the opportunity to do it themselves by combining both packs and saves those of us who don't like it having to do so.

I agree. My hope is that the magic is diversified enough that you can create a wide range of magic users, from spells to nature magic.

I loveee your ideas, I personally would also want a bazaar where witches and warlocks trade magical ingredients and potions.

Yes! We definitely need a place where witches can meet up, trade and buy things, and maybe even have magical competitions.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I think it's going to be more similar to an updated, alternate version of Magic Town from The SIMS. Since it's a GP I doubt we will have many lots but hopefully more than Forgotten Hollow.

sims_4_fanmade_map__cidade_da_magia___magic_town_by_filipesims-daoub5o.jpg

This is a world map made by another simmer, filipesims. It's inspired by Magic Town
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Love the idea of it being quaint Scottish/English/Irish inspired! I’d like to have some non American inspired worlds, that being said a New Orleans type world would also be cool.
    I definitely get a fantasy vibe from the pack title. I'm really liking a lot of the ideas in this discussion so far, if they go with any theme listed here I think I'd be pretty happy with the world.

Though my personal favourite would be something more druid like or whimsical, at least that's what comes to my mind when I think of "Realm of Magic". Something a little like this:
    NY24T02.jpg
    K2ImtCx.jpg

And my favourite one...

oF60maQ.png?1

Yes! I could totally see them going in this direction too!
  • KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    edited June 2019
    This thread really makes me excited!! These suggestions are amazing and I’d really like for them to be implemented. I also want a Diagon Alley-esque architecture and, hopefully, castles!!

I also hope that Fairies would be in this pack. Realm of Magic just doesn’t sound like all witches to me.
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    edited June 2019
    Just a reminder to not get your hopes up too much! These look incredible but I'm kind of thinking that if the gameplay is rich and developed, there might not be a world, and if there is a decent-sized world, the gameplay will be super light. Just saying, based on previous GPs...
    mika wrote: »

This is a world map made by another simmer, filipesims. It's inspired by Magic Town

I really hope they took a look at Makin' Magic, since it was a perfect balance between Gothic, Faerie-medieval and Circusy magic, as you can see in the 3 zones in Magic Town <3
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
    Eliharb wrote: »
    Just a reminder to not get your hopes up too much! These look incredible but I'm kind of thinking that if the gameplay is rich and developed, there might not be a world, and if there is a decent-sized world, the gameplay will be super light. Just saying, based on previous GPs...

Yeah, I know. But even if we just get one neighborhood with five lots like Vampires I'll be happy. The only way I'd be disappointed is if they go with a creepy clown carnival theme (shudders).
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    It'd be awesome if they added lot type Graveyard. I like these pictures for this world. I was hoping for something like a Hogsmead Village type area surrounded by an enchanted forest.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Eliharb wrote: »
    I understand what you mean, and yes there is that possibility that it may not come with a world, but I think it would be strange if it didn't.

I own all the packs and there isn't a world that we already have that would work well with a magic theme, perhaps Forgotten Hollow but IMO that's a stretch. A realm is "the region, sphere, or domain within which anything occurs, prevails, or dominates" and can also be known as a Kingdom, this leads me to believe there will be a dedicated world for magic. I do think gameplay can still be awesome whilst having a good sized world to go with it.

And honestly, it's really difficult for me not to get my hopes up because I've been waiting on something like this since Vampires lol :D
    leetamme wrote: »
    It'd be awesome if they added lot type Graveyard. I like these pictures for this world. I was hoping for something like a Hogsmead Village type area surrounded by an enchanted forest.
    I would love to have cemeteries again, it would be a very cool addition!

Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    mika wrote: »
    I think it's going to be more similar to an updated, alternate version of Magic Town from The SIMS. Since it's a GP I doubt we will have many lots but hopefully more than Forgotten Hollow.

If we got a world like this my mind would literally be blown, so beautiful and reminiscent.
  • Drago97232Drago97232 Posts: 59 Member
    I really hope the new world will feel magical with mystical creature and fantastic plants. I like the idea of druidic houses, they distinguish from the other world's types of houses
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I definitely get a fantasy vibe from the pack title. I'm really liking a lot of the ideas in this discussion so far, if they go with any theme listed here I think I'd be pretty happy with the world.

Though my personal favourite would be something more druid like or whimsical, at least that's what comes to my mind when I think of "Realm of Magic". Something a little like this:
    NY24T02.jpg
    K2ImtCx.jpg

And my favourite one...

oF60maQ.png?1

This is closer to what I think of as well. When I hear "Realm of Magic", I think more of whimsical, Fae, and odd.

I was thinking about Jungle Adventures and how different that map is, and how cool it would be if this was a similar style but had a few varying mystical regions, so when you go through a portal, you end up in one of the different magical areas. Like, there could be one area that has a storybook cottage style, another area with a bayou and strange trees, another with a small castle, and one that's a mystical forest. There would probably only be one or two lots in each area, but it would offer a variety of magical styles so that, depending on what type of spellcaster the player wanted, say a Druid, then they could choose the region that suits their Sim.

I doubt the budget of a Game Pack allowed for this, but it's a nice thought anyway. :)
    #Team Occult
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited June 2019
    Love the pictures people have shared so far as to what their idea of a "Realm of Magic" would resemble. For me, it's something a bit more like...

2224885-bigthumbnail.jpg

Floating-Island-fantasy-38740641-1600-900.jpg

071eb6644daf10ec7ee3711b333a0f5e.jpg

But I like the above ideas too, and a return of something like Magic Town would also make me happy. As long as there are NO MODERN FX BUILDINGS in the background of said magic realm, I'll be happy.

I love the game, but the FX buildings in the background of most of the worlds really break immersion if you're trying to do anything outside the box with your neighborhood. :/ I am personally hoping for no fx buildings period, but if they add them, I'm crossing my fingers they'll be outside the box and fantastical in nature. Anything but modern. >.<
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 783 Member
    It looks awesome, but no Creepy Carnival Cliche,please. Creepy Carnivals have been overdone and a very boring cliche. I'd rather have a Harry Potter-type magic school instead of a boring spooky carnival.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    It looks awesome, but no Creepy Carnival Cliche,please. Creepy Carnivals have been overdone and a very boring cliche. I'd rather have a Harry Potter-type magic school instead of a boring spooky carnival.

I beg to differ because for me magic schools are cliche
    makin' magic was about only pack ever with creepy carnival in sims so also don't get how its ''overdone''

but each to their own ofc
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free