Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 should be it’s own “console”.....

13...Next

Comments

• Taranatar9Taranatar9 Posts: 1,062 Member
    No one's going to build hardware for a single game. It's not the 80s anymore.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I like the idea of something like this being done for TS1 and TS2 and maybe TS3 some time down the line - being able to hook it up to a TV or monitor & playing those games for nostalgia would be fun.

For a new game though? It's not going to happen as an exclusive thing. If they made such a console along with the usual PC and other console versions, sure, there would be players with the budget and willingness to buy it. But the vast majority of Sims (or any other game) players are highly unlikely to buy a device for one thing only. With just about everything else in tech these days being multi-functional, having a single-use console would likely not be a popular item.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Yeah no thanks, I don’t want to have to buy ANOTHER console JUST to play The Sims....
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    No. That would cost so much as you aren't just buying a base game and expansions but a whole new system in order to play it, not something many people can do. Not good business wise as it means less customers. It also just a waste of money and resources as gaming systems, computers and programs already exist and can be used for base of the game engine so no need to start something completely from scratch starting with the new console which will be limiting. What about the gallery? Mods? The cost of the console as it would need to powerful enough to handle such a game, etc....

It wouldn't be fair to loyal players who can't play the game because they don't have that kind disposable cash and most people don't so that would mean not many people would buy it to really keep it up if they go that root and businesses do need to make a profit in order to stay in business and pay for staff, etc....

I like how they make it so people can choose the platforms.

I personally don't trust cloud.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited September 2019
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    No. That would cost so much as you aren't just buying a base game and expansions but a whole new system in order to play it, not something many people can do. Not good business wise as it means less customers. It also just a waste of money and resources as gaming systems, computers and programs already exist and can be used for base of the game engine so no need to start something completely from scratch starting with the new console which will be limiting. What about the gallery? Mods? The cost of the console as it would need to powerful enough to handle such a game, etc....

It wouldn't be fair to loyal players who can't play the game because they don't have that kind disposable cash and most people don't so that would mean not many people would buy it to really keep it up if they go that root and businesses do need to make a profit in order to stay in business and pay for staff, etc....

I like how they make it so people can choose the platforms.

I personally don't trust cloud.

I don't trust the Cloud either. It wasn't long ago that Microsoft wiped many files from users Cloud held folders without their consent. I must admit though, that I bought an original X Box so that I could play The Urbz and The Sims bustin out. I had more money than sense then but they were nice games!
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited September 2019
    Aren't PCs usually more powerful than consoles though?

Yes and no, PC’s simply do and handle more. Consoles play games, it’s limited. But they handle they’re games well and I wouldn’t play half of the games I play on console on PC. In fact I only play TS on PC.

A console like this though, is actually an interesting concept as they could build it solely to handle their game. It would come complete (I hope, this is EA after all) with the specs you would need already built in to handle future content and they could just directly download to that on patch day. It wouldn’t be able to handle anything but Sims so ALL their focus would be on that. They could allow it to accept mods, connect to the internet/gallery.

I’ve never thought about something like this before. I dig it.

Of course, it’ll never happen.

—T